The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Re: Crossroads - Redevelopment Plan

Post by NEDodger »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Okay, let's say Crossroads isn't happening. Then what would happen?
It's left as it is now.
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

I emailed Rod Yates if Crossroads redevelopment was still going to happen and if so, when? Just got a short reply.... "yes, soon."
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

OmahaOmaha wrote:I emailed Rod Yates if Crossroads redevelopment was still going to happen and if so, when? Just got a short reply.... "yes, soon."
I'm so excited. If the beautiful weather wasn't enough... Thank you so much for....MAKING MY FRIDAY extra GREAT!
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

To be fair, if you emailed Steve Minard today about when Wild Escape is opening you would probably also get a "soon".
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

I think some of the assertions on this board, such as saying if the Boys Town Farm gets going soon that Crossroads is toast are unfounded. The developers of The Boystown Farm property have said it is a 20-year plan. It's far enough away from Crossroads that there is a need for both to happen independently. While it has been extremely frustrating to see Crossroads continually delayed beyond stated self-imposed deadlines, keep in mind how long it took the Capitol District to get going after several delays. The same goes for Tetrad/Civic....it's far enough removed from Crossroads to not have a direct effect. These projects are not as intertwined as some might like to think.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

GetUrban wrote:I think some of the assertions on this board, such as saying if the Boys Town Farm gets going soon that Crossroads is toast are unfounded. The developers of The Boystown Farm property have said it is a 20-year plan. It's far enough away from Crossroads that there is a need for both to happen independently. While it has been extremely frustrating to see Crossroads continually delayed beyond stated self-imposed deadlines, keep in mind how long it took the Capitol District to get going after several delays. The same goes for Tetrad/Civic....it's far enough removed from Crossroads to not have a direct effect. These projects are not as intertwined as some might like to think.
Yep.

The Crossroads plan seems to have a fair bit of apparent corruption or political blackmail of the city by potential developers. This to me is the most irritating aspect of it.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

bigredmed wrote:
GetUrban wrote:I think some of the assertions on this board, such as saying if the Boys Town Farm gets going soon that Crossroads is toast are unfounded. The developers of The Boystown Farm property have said it is a 20-year plan. It's far enough away from Crossroads that there is a need for both to happen independently. While it has been extremely frustrating to see Crossroads continually delayed beyond stated self-imposed deadlines, keep in mind how long it took the Capitol District to get going after several delays. The same goes for Tetrad/Civic....it's far enough removed from Crossroads to not have a direct effect. These projects are not as intertwined as some might like to think.
Yep.

The Crossroads plan seems to have a fair bit of apparent corruption or political blackmail of the city by potential developers. This to me is the most irritating aspect of it.
I agree with you totally. I'd still prefer to see this developed in phases. I think the developers are under the false impression that a huge retail outlet is a good idea. It sounds like they want to build a giant outdoor mall, and malls are not the future. If a huge retail development was in demand at this location, then they would have no problem getting financing from private lenders.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

daveoma wrote:
bigredmed wrote:
Yep.

I agree with you totally. I'd still prefer to see this developed in phases. I think the developers are under the false impression that a huge retail outlet is a good idea. It sounds like they want to build a giant outdoor mall, and malls are not the future. If a huge retail development was in demand at this location, then they would have no problem getting financing from private lenders.

Agreed. Better to build upscale residential space in that area. Office with light retail would also be better.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I agree that they need to steer away from inserting too much retail. If some retail put there, I feel it would be neat having some new stores/restaurants/joints in town that haven't been here before. I'm just hoping for some urban density right there, some neat urban blocks that people can live in, and it all feeling like a central, focal point (that is neat enough that people in every corner of the metro would feel motivated to drive there sometimes -- like Askarben Village).

As far as design: I don't have any "vision" really of what I'm really hoping for, but I'm hoping somebody comes up with something great. Down in Kansas City, because of the foundation & design direction The Plaza (of the 1920's) laid there, they can get by with developments with beautiful European flair, and eye-catching features & towers that are focal points to the eye. That "European thing" is not really up here in Omaha. We are kinda a plainer city on the prairie. But, we still need to come up w/ something that is meaningful & tasteful -- of course.
I wonder if that is so. Hopefully, you're right. I just think it's odd that the Crossroads project is like a "stalled car" that won't seem to start up, then all of a sudden, we have a new, very large "urban village" planned on land that seemed like it was never going to be sold. Personally, I feel I "connect dots" around me more than some do, when it comes to what possibly motives people, what drives people, to make a move. People are very competitive. That doesn't mean I'm always right, but I sometimes am. For example, notice the minute they plan & start building the Lumberyard District in Millard, FINALLY that big empty lot off 120th & Q nearby is built upon (A lot that has sat empty for how many years?). And, they are all gorgeous & stylish apartment units being put in, right down the road. The projects seem on a similar schedule for completion (to me). Was that timing by coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. When Omaha's 458-foot Woodmen Tower was built & finished in 1969, it was the tallest building on the upper Great Plains. But, by 1972, Minneapolis had their 775 foot IDS Tower standing taller, now claiming the title. (And, Des Moines got their boxy Ruan Center in 1974). Was that quick unfolding between three nearby cities all coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Dallas got their steeply-angled, triangular Fountain Place skyscraper in 1986, and I guessed it was inspired by Houston's striking, steeply-gabled 1982 Republic Bank. I never read that, but I guessed. However, not too far back, I read an article that indicated it was inspired by Houston's Penzoil Place (another Houston building w/ dramatic, steep angles). So, I was partly right. I could give more examples, but my point is: There are dots that connect in a competitive world.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

RockHarbor wrote:I agree that they need to steer away from inserting too much retail. If some retail put there, I feel it would be neat having some new stores/restaurants/joints in town that haven't been here before. I'm just hoping for some urban density right there, some neat urban blocks that people can live in, and it all feeling like a central, focal point (that is neat enough that people in every corner of the metro would feel motivated to drive there sometimes -- like Askarben Village).

As far as design: I don't have any "vision" really of what I'm really hoping for, but I'm hoping somebody comes up with something great. Down in Kansas City, because of the foundation & design direction The Plaza (of the 1920's) laid there, they can get by with developments with beautiful European flair, and eye-catching features & towers that are focal points to the eye. That "European thing" is not really up here in Omaha. We are kinda a plainer city on the prairie. But, we still need to come up w/ something that is meaningful & tasteful -- of course.
I wonder if that is so. Hopefully, you're right. I just think it's odd that the Crossroads project is like a "stalled car" that won't seem to start up, then all of a sudden, we have a new, very large "urban village" planned on land that seemed like it was never going to be sold. Personally, I feel I "connect dots" around me more than some do, when it comes to what possibly motives people, what drives people, to make a move. People are very competitive. That doesn't mean I'm always right, but I sometimes am. For example, notice the minute they plan & start building the Lumberyard District in Millard, FINALLY that big empty lot off 120th & Q nearby is built upon (A lot that has sat empty for how many years?). And, they are all gorgeous & stylish apartment units being put in, right down the road. The projects seem on a similar schedule for completion (to me). Was that timing by coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. When Omaha's 458-foot Woodmen Tower was built & finished in 1969, it was the tallest building on the upper Great Plains. But, by 1972, Minneapolis had their 775 foot IDS Tower standing taller, now claiming the title. (And, Des Moines got their boxy Ruan Center in 1974). Was that quick unfolding between three nearby cities all coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Dallas got their steeply-angled, triangular Fountain Place skyscraper in 1986, and I guessed it was inspired by Houston's striking, steeply-gabled 1982 Republic Bank. I never read that, but I guessed. However, not too far back, I read an article that indicated it was inspired by Houston's Penzoil Place (another Houston building w/ dramatic, steep angles). So, I was partly right. I could give more examples, but my point is: There are dots that connect in a competitive world.

Those new apartments on 120th & Q would not work for me. They are sitting right on top of the interstate. The noise and the pollution right there would be pretty thick. I live more then a mile from the interstate here in Millard and I still cant sit out on my deck even late at night without hearing the trucks roaring down the interstate. We all have stayed in those hotels that are right along the interstate and when a truck goes by the whole building shakes and when you are outside you cant hear yourself think. You get down in that south end of Chalco Hills recreation area and the highway noise is always hanging there to.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

NEDodger wrote:To be fair, if you emailed Steve Minard today about when Wild Escape is opening you would probably also get a "soon".
I have to say, I almost spilled coffee all over myself..

That is funny- :thumb: ..

Okay- Carry on with Crossroads discussion :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

NEDodger wrote:To be fair, if you emailed Steve Minard today about when Wild Escape is opening you would probably also get a "soon".

Actually, I emailed Steve back in November asking him if he gave up on Port Nebraska and I got this response....

We have not given up on Port Nebraska. We have had other priorities that we are working on. We will be getting back to the Nebraska project at a later date.

Regards,

Steven Minard

(407) 308-9810
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

OmahaOmaha wrote:

Actually, I emailed Steve back in November asking him if he gave up on Port Nebraska and I got this response....

We have not given up on Port Nebraska. We have had other priorities that we are working on. We will be getting back to the Nebraska project at a later date.

Regards,

Steven Minard

(407) 308-9810
Bless his heart. It's responses such as this..that made his name famous on our forum..

We are left to wonder if the Crossroads development plans have been "Minarded" as well...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

It seems that these guys who want to take on the Crossroads only want to do it if they can get the taxpayers to pick up the tab while they do the heavy lifting of picking up the pay check at the end of the project.

I would rather us wall off Target and take out the rest of the mall. Leave Sears if you must. Leave the parking structure. Rent out the surface lot to Childrens, Methodist, and UNMC as all of them are in serious parking shortages. Better to have 500 medical professionals and college kids use the space and shop at Target on the way home than to have the city held hostage by these profiteers.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

bigredmed wrote:It seems that these guys who want to take on the Crossroads only want to do it if they can get the taxpayers to pick up the tab while they do the heavy lifting of picking up the pay check at the end of the project.

I would rather us wall off Target and take out the rest of the mall. Leave Sears if you must. Leave the parking structure. Rent out the surface lot to Childrens, Methodist, and UNMC as all of them are in serious parking shortages. Better to have 500 medical professionals and college kids use the space and shop at Target on the way home than to have the city held hostage by these profiteers.
This is almost certainly happening because Yates won't do it without taxpayers giving him the money to do so. Like I said in an earlier post he won't have problems filling this in with children's and others nearby to provide business for retail and residential. If he won't get something done the right way and soon without other people's money, then the city needs to take away all TIF offers and say we'll find someone who's actually willing to take on the project.
Also the fact that Yates donated to Mello's mayorsl campaign shows that this dude is in this completely to take advantage of taxpayers for his own gain given that Mello has suggested more tax money for this type of project.
#gohawks
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

buildomaha wrote:
bigredmed wrote:It seems that these guys who want to take on the Crossroads only want to do it if they can get the taxpayers to pick up the tab while they do the heavy lifting of picking up the pay check at the end of the project.

This is almost certainly happening because Yates won't do it without taxpayers giving him the money to do so. Like I said in an earlier post he won't have problems filling this in with children's and others nearby to provide business for retail and residential. If he won't get something done the right way and soon without other people's money, then the city needs to take away all TIF offers and say we'll find someone who's actually willing to take on the project.
Also the fact that Yates donated to Mello's mayorsl campaign shows that this dude is in this completely to take advantage of taxpayers for his own gain given that Mello has suggested more tax money for this type of project.
All TIF money should be retracted. Too slow to get this rolling.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Agreed. That's been my stance with him all along on dragging his feet. He had leverage (the proposed Cordish Outlet development in La Vista) to get Gretna to bend over backwards for him with the outlet malls. He's been trying to get something similar from Omaha, minus the leverage he had in Gretna.

I am glad Omaha has not given in. We've already been generous enough.

Greg
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote: Those new apartments on 120th & Q would not work for me. They are sitting right on top of the interstate. The noise and the pollution right there would be pretty thick. I live more then a mile from the interstate here in Millard and I still cant sit out on my deck even late at night without hearing the trucks roaring down the interstate. We all have stayed in those hotels that are right along the interstate and when a truck goes by the whole building shakes and when you are outside you cant hear yourself think. You get down in that south end of Chalco Hills recreation area and the highway noise is always hanging there to.
I hear ya... I often chuckle on one of those paddle boats in the lake (at the marina) at Mahoney State Park. I think something like: "How serene. We get to hear the roar of the nearby interstate." Seriously, Platte River State Park is more quiet & peaceful, although I love Mahoney still...

Design-wise, those apartments are wonderful looking (imo), with the gables, the dark shingles, the nice windows, the stone mixed with mustard (or maybe Tuscany) yellow stucco. They look like something straight out of the Denver or Kansas City metro. I would love to see more of that in Omaha, and we finally are. They've "raised the bar" here, I think, compared to when I was growing up here.

If they are meant to compete with the Lumberyard District, you're right, the LD is quieter indeed. It also has that urban aspect to them. I like both. I think they both are great designs & complexes. Very happy they are both added to the Omaha cityscape.

Back to the subject of the good ole' Crossroads Redevelopment...
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

buildomaha wrote:

Hate to bring up a non-alternative fact, but Yates donated to both Mello and Stothert.
See here: http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha-s ... 0be15.html
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

Taco wrote:
buildomaha wrote:

Hate to bring up a non-alternative fact, but Yates donated to both Mello and Stothert.
See here: http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha-s ... 0be15.html
Hmmm... Not fishy at all...

This seems like one bad hombre trying to take advantage of the system. Let's hope Stothert doesn't lose this election and keeps a firm hand in this situation.
#gohawks
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

Let's just keep target and make it a modern park. Better than a dead mall sitting there for the next 20 years.
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

From http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/la-vist ... e9ece.html
Building a new parking garage for a Crossroads Mall redevelopment at 72nd and Dodge Streets has been discussed, Kratz said, along with a number of other parking options there. But the city hasn’t committed to anything yet.
What? So they would have two parking garages or do they plan to tear down the existing garage?
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:From http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/la-vist ... e9ece.html
Building a new parking garage for a Crossroads Mall redevelopment at 72nd and Dodge Streets has been discussed, Kratz said, along with a number of other parking options there. But the city hasn’t committed to anything yet.
What? So they would have two parking garages or do they plan to tear down the existing garage?
This guy's full of |expletive|. Nothing is going to happen.
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:Let's just keep target and make it a modern park. Better than a dead mall sitting there for the next 20 years.

Keep the Target. Keep the parking lot around them. Keep the mall near Target and the Czech museum as an indoor walking park. Maybe use the old food court for a climbing wall or other activity center. You could offer the library and DoSpace room to hold classes.

The parking near the old Bestbuy gets leased to local firms needing parking.

The rest of the Crossroads gets a nice greenspace.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Sounds like a good idea there have been projects around the country that have repurposed malls instead of building from scratch. Maybe this is a job for NuStyle..
15-17, 26, 32
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

MTO wrote:Sounds like a good idea there have been projects around the country that have repurposed malls instead of building from scratch. Maybe this is a job for NuStyle..
Too bad they're already taking on a huge load with CUMC.
#gohawks
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Newsflash: The old Best Buy has been painted & looks ready for a new business -- with that empty "eyesore" storefront next to it. What the heck? Isn't that all scheduled for the wrecking ball? Isn't that why Best Buy moved further west down the street?

I think I'm giving up hope on a new "Crossroads" area (for now). Honestly, tired of it.

Honestly, with that newer Target on the corner, and the fact that it is there to stay, that lot will not be an "empty slate" to work with, so I'm not as excited about it, as if it was all scheduled for the wrecking ball. Darn, why did they allow that nice Target to be built there? Ugh... (I like Target and I shop there sometimes, but a large parking lot & 1-story Target is not good enough for 72nd & Dodge, imo. How boring...for Omaha's most locally iconic interchange. I wonder if they could force all the store's parking in that garage behind it, and allow the Target's front parking lot to be built on, so the Target is shrouded by taller, urban-style buildings right along Dodge. I've seen Targets sitting tightly in urban developments like that, but it is typically a 2-story Target, though.)
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

RockHarbor wrote:Newsflash: The old Best Buy has been painted & looks ready for a new business -- with that empty "eyesore" storefront next to it. What the heck? Isn't that all scheduled for the wrecking ball? Isn't that why Best Buy moved further west down the street?

I think I'm giving up hope on a new "Crossroads" area (for now). Honestly, tired of it.

Honestly, with that newer Target on the corner, and the fact that it is there to stay, that lot will not be an "empty slate" to work with, so I'm not as excited about it, as if it was all scheduled for the wrecking ball. Darn, why did they allow that nice Target to be built there? Ugh... (I like Target and I shop there sometimes, but a large parking lot & 1-story Target is not good enough for 72nd & Dodge, imo. How boring...for Omaha's most locally iconic interchange. I wonder if they could force all the store's parking in that garage behind it, and allow the Target's front parking lot to be built on, so the Target is shrouded by taller, urban-style buildings right along Dodge. I've seen Targets sitting tightly in urban developments like that, but it is typically a 2-story Target, though.)
I never understood why the target was only one story. The Yonkers(?) that was there before was two-story.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

RockHarbor wrote:Darn, why did they allow that nice Target to be built there? Ugh... (I like Target and I shop there sometimes, but a large parking lot & 1-story Target is not good enough for 72nd & Dodge, imo. How boring...
Saddle Creek?

Maybe Best Buy painted the old building as a requirement from their lease? I have no idea, just trying to make sense of a paint job on a building about to be demo'd.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

It's a shame they're not thinking about expanding Target with this massive project, it's not every day a company gets an opportunity like that.
15-17, 26, 32
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
RockHarbor wrote:Darn, why did they allow that nice Target to be built there? Ugh... (I like Target and I shop there sometimes, but a large parking lot & 1-story Target is not good enough for 72nd & Dodge, imo. How boring...
Saddle Creek?

Maybe Best Buy painted the old building as a requirement from their lease? I have no idea, just trying to make sense of a paint job on a building about to be demo'd.
The City of Omaha has a sign ordinance that says closed businesses must remove or paint-over any identifying old signage on buildings. Plus Best Buy probably doesn't want the old location to appear as theirs any longer.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

GetUrban wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Saddle Creek?

The City of Omaha has a sign ordinance that says closed businesses must remove or paint-over any identifying old signage on buildings. Plus Best Buy probably doesn't want the old location to appear as theirs any longer.
They must be missing some places. To the right of the Crossroads Barnes & Noble, you can still see where the Walgreens signage was. And its been gone for 17 years.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

GetUrban wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Saddle Creek?

I'm sure it has more to do with Best Buy than the city. Other Best Buy locations that have closed had the blue for a long time. As the blue spike is iconic to the BB brand buildings I'm sure it would be confusing to the customer searching for a Best Buy. Given the proximity from the two locations, I'm sure many customers would assume it was closed and not wrapped around the corner no longer face front to Dodge.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Saddle Creek?

I'm sure it has more to do with Best Buy than the city. Other Best Buy locations that have closed had the blue for a long time. As the blue spike is iconic to the BB brand buildings I'm sure it would be confusing to the customer searching for a Best Buy. Given the proximity from the two locations, I'm sure many customers would assume it was closed and not wrapped around the corner no longer face front to Dodge.
Sec. 51-22. - Abandoned signs.
The face of abandoned on-premises signs must be removed within 30 days of the date said business ceased operating at that location and must be replaced with a blank face or the sign structure must be removed. The abandoned on-premises sign must be removed within 12 months of the date said business ceased operating at that location.

Any off-premises sign which has had no copy on its faces for a continuous period of six months must be removed.

(Ord. No. 33769, § 1(51-22), 12-19-95)
jlincoln
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jlincoln »

I had a group attend the show "Beehive" at the small theater in the Crossroads. The performance was fantastic, Omaha should take pride in local talent. On the other hand, the Crossroads itself was so depressing. How could a city the size and stature of Omaha, allow this eyesore to exist? The Crossroads looks like a subway station in the worst part of NY. Come on, take some pride in your city.
bmt
Home Owners Association

Post by bmt »

jlincoln wrote:I had a group attend the show "Beehive" at the small theater in the Crossroads. The performance was fantastic, Omaha should take pride in local talent. On the other hand, the Crossroads itself was so depressing. How could a city the size and stature of Omaha, allow this eyesore to exist? The Crossroads looks like a subway station in the worst part of NY. Come on, take some pride in your city.
You are preaching to the choir.

Every time I see that there have been new comments in this thread, I get my hopes up that it is something exciting that people are talking about. Then I catch up on the thread and see that the project is still stuck in the mud like it has been for too long. Feelsbadman :(
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

This project has a BRT component that is integral to the future of the city's future trasnportation aspirations and I have a feeling Yates is holding that over their heads to drag this bullshít out. The city needs to grow some balls and tell Yates to suck an egg, if each individual component has to be built sepepratly (but according to a master plan) then so be it. An all or nothing approach in a city this size is too much for projects of this scale.
15-17, 26, 32
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

MTO wrote:This project has a BRT component that is integral to the future of the city's future trasnportation aspirations and I have a feeling Yates is holding that over their heads to drag this bullshít out. The city needs to grow some balls and tell Yates to suck an egg, if each individual component has to be built sepepratly (but according to a master plan) then so be it. An all or nothing approach in a city this size is too much for projects of this scale.

Sorry to be brutally honest but the City don"t really have any future mass transportation plans. Stothert and Mellow are both full of B.S. and could careless about the streetcar or any of it. They will promise you that they will get BIgfoot for the zoo if it will get you to vote for them.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
MTO wrote:This project has a BRT component that is integral to the future of the city's future trasnportation aspirations and I have a feeling Yates is holding that over their heads to drag this bullshít out. The city needs to grow some balls and tell Yates to suck an egg, if each individual component has to be built sepepratly (but according to a master plan) then so be it. An all or nothing approach in a city this size is too much for projects of this scale.

Sorry to be brutally honest but the City don"t really have any future mass transportation plans. Stothert and Mellow are both full of B.S. and could careless about the streetcar or any of it. They will promise you that they will get BIgfoot for the zoo if it will get you to vote for them.
So..... You are saying that the Zoo is getting a Bigfoot? To heck with Pandas!!!!!!!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

There was a Bigfoot Nebraska Conference a few days ago. Maybe they know something!