Lombardo's Bistro & Bar

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nativeomahan
County Board

Lombardo's Bistro & Bar

Post by nativeomahan »

A new locally owned Italian restaurant, Lombardo' Bistro & Bar, has opened up where Zurlo's most recently operated, off 132nd and W. Maple. The menu has a lot of similarities to Zurlo's.
I really wish that something would succeed at this location. It is an attractive spot for a restaurant, with a large outdoor dining deck.

http://www.lombardosomaha.com
Brad
City Council

Re: Lombardo's Bistro & Bar

Post by Brad »

Heard this place is great. Hoping to try it soon.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

We drove by here saturday and kept looking at their menu while we were at Old Chicago. great reviews and the food looks amazing. Looking forward to trying it.
yman97
Home Owners Association

Post by yman97 »

I've only been there once but had a great experience. The lasagna, chicken parm, mozzarella flats, and tiramisu all tasted fantastic. On a side note, I don't usually eat that much but hey, it was Valentine's Day! I also had a pretty good Old Fashioned. I'd never been to the italian joints that used to call this spot home so I can't compare but I do recommend Lombardo's.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

We ate at Lombardo's recently, and generally enjoyed our experience. The food was quite good, and attractively plated. The interior has been dumbed down a bit from previous owners, which is a bit of a disappointment. No artwork on any of the walls, for example. And service was very spotty. Worst of all was the oddly inappropriate background music. Only old rock songs from the 1970s and 80s. Totally off base for an Italian restaurant. I complained to the manager. She said she didn't like it either, but that is what the owner likes to play. Just dumb.
They do plan upgrades to their outdoor deck this spring. We will eat outside when the weather improves.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Looks like Lombardo's has closed permanently. Here is the message on their website:
Unfortunately Lombardo's was not able to stay open as long as we anticipated.

We are now permanently closed.

Thank you to our loyal customers for your support throughout the years and a

big thank you to our employees who stayed with us until the very end
omahacacher
Home Owners Association

Post by omahacacher »

That’s a shame as I really liked the place. Unfortunately, this will continue to happen in this space due to the intruding cigar odor coming from the cigar shop next door. Along with me, I have heard from numerous others that the cigar odor was keeping them from returning to a great restaurant.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Bummer. I really liked this place.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Yeah, they had an awesome outdoor deck for dining.