Baker's stores spruce up

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Re: Baker's stores spruce up

Post by bbinks »

There's some chatter on the Nextdoor app/site that the 90th & Fort location may be closing. Some posters say they have heard yes and no from their sources.

Anyone here hear anything?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote:There's some chatter on the Nextdoor app/site that the 90th & Fort location may be closing. Some posters say they have heard yes and no from their sources.

I would say almost never believe anything you hear on nextdoor...

Lol, if everything my neighborhood posted was true, we would have a high rise section 8 apartment building at the end of the street, walmart would build a super center in the middle of the neighborhood, All people that drive vans would be criminals, and Mountain Lions would outnumber the dogs 2-1. :;):
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

The other part of the rumor is that they are going to remodel the old Gordmans, ConAgra building next door & move the store into that. Other rumor is Kroger owns land across the street from the Irvington Walmart & they are building there. Who knows?!!!
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:
bbinks wrote:There's some chatter on the Nextdoor app/site that the 90th & Fort location may be closing. Some posters say they have heard yes and no from their sources.

I would say almost never believe anything you hear on nextdoor...

Lol, if everything my neighborhood posted was true, we would have a high rise section 8 apartment building at the end of the street, walmart would build a super center in the middle of the neighborhood, All people that drive vans would be criminals, and Mountain Lions would outnumber the dogs 2-1. :;):
I figured as much, as there were no permits listed for anything yet.
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

I work for Baker's and spoke with the Store Manager. They are not closing, but there is talk of taking over the former Richman Gordman building next door, remodeling that, then closing the current store.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

TheSeventhBrat wrote:

I work for Baker's and spoke with the Store Manager. They are not closing, but there is talk of taking over the former Richman Gordman building next door, remodeling that, then closing the current store.
I shop at that Baker's on 90th and I like it. It would be nice if they would fix it up a little more to resemble the other Baker's stores. (Except 30th street of course. I shop that one too and they don't put any money into that one)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The North 90th Bakers is whack. The south side makes you feel like you are going into a different neighborhood (bay). And it feels very dated. I really hope that purchase the RG building and renovate it to feel natural, or just find a new N 90th location and build new. I don't know, but ever since the Kroger's takeover...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:The North 90th Bakers is whack. The south side makes you feel like you are going into a different neighborhood (bay). And it feels very dated. I really hope that purchase the RG building and renovate it to feel natural, or just find a new N 90th location and build new. I don't know, but ever since the Kroger's takeover...
The south side was added in the mid 90's. Fredrick Square did the same thing too, punched a couple holes in the walls and took over the neighboring bays. Both seemed very disjointed...
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

Brad wrote:
Coyote wrote:The North 90th Bakers is whack. The south side makes you feel like you are going into a different neighborhood (bay). And it feels very dated. I really hope that purchase the RG building and renovate it to feel natural, or just find a new N 90th location and build new. I don't know, but ever since the Kroger's takeover...
The south side was added in the mid 90's. Fredrick Square did the same thing too, punched a couple holes in the walls and took over the neighboring bays. Both seemed very disjointed...
That was Jack.
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

choke wrote:
TheSeventhBrat wrote:

I shop at that Baker's on 90th and I like it. It would be nice if they would fix it up a little more to resemble the other Baker's stores. (Except 30th street of course. I shop that one too and they don't put any money into that one)
Well, they got the decor package. My store is still waiting, but we're in line for a remodel this year. #FingersCrossed
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

You can thank Jack Baker for that.