Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:58 am

TIF request for "The Blackstone Knoll" at 3902 Harney. The property goes all the way to Farnam so its a good size. I am guessing this current building on the site gets demoed for a larger project.

Image


Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby Coyote » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:06 pm

iamjacobm wrote:TIF request for "The Blackstone Knoll" at 3902 Harney. The property goes all the way to Farnam so its a good size. I am guessing this current building on the site gets demoed for a larger project.


A Site Plan was just submitted for 3902 Harney LLC:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (110.5 KiB) Viewed 4546 times
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby iamjacobm » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Coyote wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:TIF request for "The Blackstone Knoll" at 3902 Harney. The property goes all the way to Farnam so its a good size. I am guessing this current building on the site gets demoed for a larger project.


A Site Plan was just submitted for 3902 Harney LLC:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (110.5 KiB) Viewed 3600 times


TIF Request for Blackstone Knoll. They will actually keep the older building in back and build a two story structure along Farnam. 3 apartment units above retail. Looks like a cool little project.

Renderings in the TIF doc.
https://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/images/agenda/ID_17_03_21w/Planning_Misc/404.pdf

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby Coyote » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 pm

The Blackstone Knoll
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122.28 KiB) Viewed 3598 times
Image

Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby Omaha_corn_burner » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:02 am

Needs some cornice/entablature. What's with all these flat brick walls? (I know, I know, it's for cost)

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5232
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:04 am

Another nice addition.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:07 am

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Needs some cornice/entablature. What's with all these flat brick walls? (I know, I know, it's for cost)


I think if you look closely the brick is slightly stepped down on the top. Tough to tell for sure though.

Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby Omaha_corn_burner » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 am

iamjacobm wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Needs some cornice/entablature. What's with all these flat brick walls? (I know, I know, it's for cost)


I think if you look closely the brick is slightly stepped down on the top. Tough to tell for sure though.

I know it's just a rendering, but it looks like that steel (aluminum?) cap they put on the top, for weather protection. I look at this very thing at least 5 times a day.

My guess:
Image

My wish:
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:07 am

Ahh your saying the very top. I mean maybe halfway between the windows and the roof it looks like the brick will have some variation.

I think any attempt at those cornices today would come off looking really cheap TBH. There just isn't a modern replacement for the materials that they used to build with.

I would guess it ends up really close to the Dundee building.

Image

GSD BSD
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby GSD BSD » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Here is an updated rendering for the new building on 39th and Farnam. Groundbreaking expected in early May
Attachments
image1.JPG
Updated rendering
image1.JPG (85.95 KiB) Viewed 2965 times

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5232
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:51 pm

I think I liked the color of brick better in the earlier rendering, but I also noticed that there are now 3 balconies instead of 2.

ShaneofCal
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby ShaneofCal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:55 pm

GSD BSD wrote:Here is an updated rendering for the new building on 39th and Farnam. Groundbreaking expected in early May


I love it. This project fits in so well with the character of the surrounding neighborhood. GreenSlate does things really well. But, for the sake of greater density, just one or two more floors of apartment units. That would be grand!

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Downtown

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby nebraska » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:51 am

skinzfan23 wrote:I think I liked the color of brick better in the earlier rendering, but I also noticed that there are now 3 balconies instead of 2.


Better than that is to make a parking deck on the back half of the 2nd floor (only need 3 spots), and make the apartments into 3 townhouses on the 2nd/3rd floor with roof top patios.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby Coyote » Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Blackstone Knoll plans are being submitted to the Planning Board.
Image

User avatar
Taco
Home Owners Association
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)

Postby Taco » Wed May 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Fences up around Blackstone Knoll property.


Return to “Urban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests