Sterling Ridge (Ironwood Country Club)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Re: Sterling Ridge (Ironwood Country Club)

Post by Brad »

A foundation has been poured for what I believe is the Islamic portion of the Tri-faith campus.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Brad wrote:A foundation has been poured for what I believe is the Islamic portion of the Tri-faith campus.
Steel is up with flags on the top.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Brad wrote:
Brad wrote:A foundation has been poured for what I believe is the Islamic portion of the Tri-faith campus.
Pics of it?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Garrett wrote:
Brad wrote:
Pics of it?
I was in a hurry yesterday, I will snag one soon.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Anyone been to the bar at the west end of the shopping area called Trio's?
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Is this development considered to be successful? There's not much going on here and lots of open land. I don't understand how the Boys Town development can progress if this area of land cannot be filled.

At least they have made some road repairs to 132nd recently.

Thoughts?
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association

Post by OverlookedFarm »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Is this development considered to be successful? There's not much going on here and lots of open land. I don't understand how the Boys Town development can progress if this area of land cannot be filled.

At least they have made some road repairs to 132nd recently.

Thoughts?
I agree.

Wild speculation, but i wonder if noddle has a beef with lockwood.

Building "dense" enough projects in omaha is a struggle for developers it seems to get the foot traffic they envision. I forsee the bt development to be slow going unless they land some major employers willing to relocate.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Drove by the other day, and saw signage for the previously mentioned burger joint, Charred, that went into this strip mall. Anyone know if its open yet? If so, any good?
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Ben wrote:Drove by the other day, and saw signage for the previously mentioned burger joint, Charred, that went into this strip mall. Anyone know if its open yet? If so, any good?
Not open yet.
43county
Home Owners Association

Post by 43county »

Charred will be open next week. Possibly/probably Monday.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

43county wrote:Charred will be open next week. Possibly/probably Monday.
Had dinner there tonight.

Service was rough, but to be expected for opening weekend. The cheese curds were tasty. The burger was good, but with all food being a la carte, it was pricey. My $3 onion rings consisted of 8 rings, the largest, 2 inches in diameter. So at $0.40 per ring, I don't think it was worth the money.

Nice beer selection.

Overall, I would go back, but not put it high on my list.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I drive by a few days ago and to my consternation they had removed dozens of the medium sized trees they had planted a year or two ago along 132nd street! W T F?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here are a few photos from today.

1. The next office building has glass going in.

2. Countruside Church has a foundation and steel is going up.

3. American Muslim Institute is complete

4. American Muslim Institute is complete

5. American Muslim Institute is complete
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Another project for this site, an "active adult living community". Called Avidor, it plans to have 162 1-2 bedroom units in floors over a parking garage. There is a rendering in the site, but it's a small picture. Slowly, but surely they are filling up this area.

https://morningsky.com/omaha/posts/lund ... evelopment
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

If you haven't been by in a while I would recommend taking a drive through. The tri-faith campus is really coming together great! Not only are there 2 amazing facilities completed, but the church is looking beautiful so far, and when they build the final community space the campus will be such an amazing project for the community. Really cool stuff!
#gohawks
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

buildomaha wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 pm If you haven't been by in a while I would recommend taking a drive through. The tri-faith campus is really coming together great! Not only are there 2 amazing facilities completed, but the church is looking beautiful so far, and when they build the final community space the campus will be such an amazing project for the community. Really cool stuff!
Yes, this development, though somewhat slow going, has been filling in nicely. The tri-faith campus will be beautiful. I appreciate the efforts of the leaders of each church/religious sect involved as it evidence of the inclusion that is evident in Omaha. Additionally, more high-end homes are being built in that small subdivision on the plot. I recently drove through the neighborhood and they are some nice homes with stellar views of West O.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Two more 4 story office buildings in the works to go up along 132nd.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/25.pdf
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:04 am Two more 4 story office buildings in the works to go up along 132nd.

Goods news for Sterling Ridge. It has been picking up steam in the last year since the Tri-Faith project has been wrapping up. The submission says each building will have an attached parking garage, but the plat is showing two massive lots. Am I missing something here?

Last note, between these and the planned two offices in West Farms, there is going to be a lot of office space to fill. Any information if there are already tenants in play? It's interesting to see West Farms and Sterling Ridge pursue more speculative building, while Askarben and Village Point are both heavy in the built to suit arena.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

ita wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 am
iamjacobm wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:04 am Two more 4 story office buildings in the works to go up along 132nd.

Goods news for Sterling Ridge. It has been picking up steam in the last year since the Tri-Faith project has been wrapping up. The submission says each building will have an attached parking garage, but the plat is showing two massive lots. Am I missing something here?

Last note, between these and the planned two offices in West Farms, there is going to be a lot of office space to fill. Any information if there are already tenants in play? It's interesting to see West Farms and Sterling Ridge pursue more speculative building, while Askarben and Village Point are both heavy in the built to suit arena.
I think the buildings fronting Pacific have some parking below the office space. Probably same here.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

An update on the Tri-Faith Commons campus. It sounds like the church will be finished by Easter.

[youtube][/youtube]
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood

Post by thejdgates »

Super excited to share the news this morning: LinkedIn moving to 2 new buildings in Sterling Ridge to be completed by 2021.

https://www.omaha.com/money/plus/linked ... 126f3.html
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

thejdgates wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 am Super excited to share the news this morning: LinkedIn moving to 2 new buildings in Sterling Ridge to be completed by 2021.

Awesome, potentially doubling their workforce in town!
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:43 am
thejdgates wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 am Super excited to share the news this morning: LinkedIn moving to 2 new buildings in Sterling Ridge to be completed by 2021.

Awesome, potentially doubling their workforce in town!
Are they moving to the site shown by the plans that were submitted for on the corner of 132nd and Pacific? I can't tell by the picture in the article. Anyway, great news for the City and for Sterling Ridge.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Here is the rendering:
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Huge announcement. Fantastic News for the City. 1000 jobs (600 net new) at a company that pays well, has great benefits, and has one of the best work environments in town is a huge announcement. Also building and filling 200,000 sq ft of new office space.

The buildings are a bit bland but they are obviously built to match the other office buildings at Sterling Ridge. I like the patios in front at ground level and on the fourth floors.

I never have been a big fan of Sterling Ridge but I am glad this went to an established development east of 132nd rather than West Farm or 220th and something.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Joe_Sovereign wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:31 am Huge announcement. Fantastic News for the City. 1000 jobs (600 net new) at a company that pays well, has great benefits, and has one of the best work environments in town is a huge announcement. Also building and filling 200,000 sq ft of new office space.

The buildings are a bit bland but they are obviously built to match the other office buildings at Sterling Ridge. I like the patios in front at ground level and on the fourth floors.

I never have been a big fan of Sterling Ridge but I am glad this went to an established development east of 132nd rather than West Farm or 220th and something.
Agreed. Anymore this development is almost urban infill.
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

Really good news for Omaha. While the building is nothing spectacular it is nice enough and will add to the area in a positive way, I like Sterling Ridge. Much better than the aging country club that used to occupy the land. I’m also glad this isn’t way out west, and helps build up west central Omaha.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (108.33 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Does the article show where the Centris HQ is? Morningsky had an article about the LinkedIn HQ which included a map. Will the Centris HQ by the southerly building along side 132nd?

https://morningsky.com/omaha/posts/link ... ationships

I noticed the apartment development going up. It's interesting that they have two senior housing developments in this area.
ScrattyB
Library Board

Post by ScrattyB »

Wow, nice one. Still a lot of parking lots though. This thing is finally starting to attract some development.

Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Coyote wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:13 amimage.jpeg
Same architect as the one that did SAC/Cobalt FCU's HQ? Looks similar to me.

Greg
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Greg S wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 am

Greg
I had the same thought. I like how the Cobalt one turned out, so I am excited for this at Sterling Ridge. It's filling up in, likely unintentional, phases, with major projects coming up in batches.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

ita wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:09 am
Greg S wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 am

Greg
I had the same thought. I like how the Cobalt one turned out, so I am excited for this at Sterling Ridge. It's filling up in, likely unintentional, phases, with major projects coming up in batches.
I agree on the look. I drive by the Cobalt HQ daily on the way to work. It really looks good on that hill.

Greg
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

What's the Cobalt HQ look like?! (Side note: I love that company's name as I like cobalt blue.)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

RockHarbor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:06 pm What's the Cobalt HQ look like?! (Side note: I love that company's name as I like cobalt blue.)
This is my favorite angle. It's off of Stratcom Highway by Shadow Lake Center.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... CnoECAsQCw
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

ita wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm
RockHarbor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:06 pm What's the Cobalt HQ look like?! (Side note: I love that company's name as I like cobalt blue.)

Oh, thanks much for the pic... Now, I know what this "Cobalt" is. That was originally SAC Federal Credit Union, I remember. Did they simply change names? Or, it is a whole new company? Love that building; I think the Leo A Daly firm designed it. (How does this tie into Sterling Ridge? I'm confused.)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

RockHarbor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:47 pm
ita wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Oh, thanks much for the pic... Now, I know what this "Cobalt" is. That was originally SAC Federal Credit Union, I remember. Did they simply change names? Or, it is a whole new company? Love that building; I think the Leo A Daly firm designed it. (How does this tie into Sterling Ridge? I'm confused.)
You're right Leo A. Daly designed the SAC, now Cobalt HQ. I In any case, the rendering has a similar feel, even if not designed by the same firm; long-ish 3-4 story block with some subtle design elements and lots of glass.

They just changed their named from SAC to disassociate themselves from their military-only past, or something like that.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I just love the new, sharp office buildings going in Sterling Ridge!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I live very close to Sterling Ridge and I agree with many of the comments. This development is coming along nicely...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!