Modifications to eOmahaForums

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Post by Brad »

I was not having issues last night, but I am having a few this morning. Not as bad as before, but still a few.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

RNcyanide wrote:
daveoma wrote:Daveoma here....Yeah I think this might be an issue with Chrome because I was able to login without issue using puffin. Btw it's logging me in as RNCyanide.
Ha!! It kept logging me in as you too!!
I was getting logged in as Coyote and Admin. Almost went on a mild power trip but decided against it
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Ok, I'll try to make a change tonight to see if that helps. I personally haven't seen any issues for a while now, but will try to reproduce it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

My iPad has been working well for a few days, but my Android using Firefox keeps logging me into the same user for the past week. In fact right now when I opened it I am at that users page, and says it is currently Sat Apr 29 2:03 pm, my Last visit was at Sat 11:02 am... I go to Unread posts and it sends me to the login page, which had my username and password ready.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Coyote wrote:My iPad has been working well for a few days, but my Android using Firefox keeps logging me into the same user for the past week. In fact right now when I opened it I am at that users page, and says it is currently Sat Apr 29 2:03 pm, my Last visit was at Sat 11:02 am... I go to Unread posts and it sends me to the login page, which had my username and password ready.
My iPhone on chrome has been fine since things got fixed, but my Mac on chrome had been having issues until this morning where it wouldn't even log in.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

I'm still having issues on safari on iPad, but not my computer with Firefox and I.E.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

For those who want to follow what is going on you can read this phpBB thread: Random Account Switching, where most people see the problem with their Host installing Varnish. Our host, BlueHost has been one of many hosts who have installed Vanish along other problem makers SiteLock and Cloudflare. I have on IM/phone with our Support, it usually takes an hour to get a response because of thousands of affected sites calling in... Hopefully eOmahaForums will be back to normal soon.

Please continue to inform us of you problems here so we can better diagnose what is happening, and please give us as much info as possible.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Ok, I made the change recommended in the thread and then purged the cache and sessions. It seems to be a little quicker.

Let me know if the issues continue to happen.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Had to log in this AM rather than being saved as logged in.

Speed seems back to normal with a small sample of moved.

After about three different page views I all of a sudden became logged in as an alternate user.

Showing as symphie not nebugeater
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.45 KiB) Viewed 10203 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Damn. The next time that happens, can you send me the headers of the page? In Chrome, press F12, go to the Network tab, reload the page (and be sure you are still showing that you are logged in as someone else), then click the php page on the left (should be the first item listed) and go to the Headers tab on the right. I'm on mobile right now, so I'll post screenshots of what I'm talking about later tonight (and the equivalents in other browsers).

The good news is that nobody should actually be logged in as other users so nobody should be able to post or view PMs as you. What you supposedly are seeing is a cached page being returned instead of a live page.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

HR Paperstacks wrote:darn. The next time that happens, can you send me the headers of the page? In Chrome, press F12, go to the Network tab, reload the page (and be sure you are still showing that you are logged in as someone else), then click the php page on the left (should be the first item listed) and go to the Headers tab on the right. I'm on mobile right now, so I'll post screenshots of what I'm talking about later tonight (and the equivalents in other browsers).

The good news is that nobody should actually be logged in as other users so nobody should be able to post or view PMs as you. What you supposedly are seeing is a cached page being returned instead of a live page.
Will do

You are correct in that it looks like you are logged in as someone else but really cannot do anything on someone's behalf. I tried at one point to see what I could see or do just to understand what of my info may be vulnerable.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Another think that I notice when things go funky is that the "unread post" option stops working.

For example right now I found this thread with the unread posts selection. there were a number of posts showing. I responded to your message and then when to the Unread posts and it returns No results. This has been happening since this strange things started. Not before that at all.

Also, right now things seem much slower again. Not as bad as before but things are pausing between page views again enough that it is noticed.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

HR Paperstacks wrote:darn. The next time that happens, can you send me the headers of the page? In Chrome, press F12, go to the Network tab, reload the page (and be sure you are still showing that you are logged in as someone else), then click the php page on the left (should be the first item listed) and go to the Headers tab on the right. I'm on mobile right now, so I'll post screenshots of what I'm talking about later tonight (and the equivalents in other browsers).

Ok sorry, I've been busy the last few days. But what I describe above is basically how to do it in each browser I've tried (Chrome, Firefox and Edge). F12 should bring up the developer tools and the headers can be found under the Network tab. Below are some screenshots showing what I'm talking about. Basically I'm looking if there are any cache headers that may indicate caching is going on. For example, I'm seeing X-Proxy-Cache set to MISS for each browser. I'm curious if there's anyone getting a different result.

Chrome:
Chrome Headers.JPG
Chrome Headers.JPG (131.34 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Firefox:
Firefox Headers.JPG
Firefox Headers.JPG (149.05 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Edge:
Edge Headers.JPG
Edge Headers.JPG (185.13 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I was at work trying to log in on chrome and it would not log me in, i would be back to index.html without being accepted, no error message, but the right time.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

At work IE is fine but Chrome doesn't
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (189.01 KiB) Viewed 9971 times
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Thanks for that. Interestingly there is no sign that the host is caching. The only cache header indicates MISS meaning it shouldn't have been sending out a cached copy.

I noticed you said this happened at work. Have people noticed if this happens on certain connections and not others? I'm going to go find some wifi around here and test it on my Chromebook and see if I can reproduce it. So far I haven't seen it happen at home on either my computer or phone.
bmt
Home Owners Association

Post by bmt »

I too am having problems logging in using chrome. I tried two different computers and my phone and they all had the same issue. I am using foxfire right now and it is working fine.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I'm finally able to log on, on all my devices.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Brad wrote:I'm finally able to log on, on all my devices.
No weird user switching?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
Brad wrote:I'm finally able to log on, on all my devices.
No weird user switching?
So far so good.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

We just got hit by a second wave of problems our host (BlueHost) refuses to acknowledge they created. Since they can upload our .index page it is appropriated a third party problem, ie, a phpBb problem. We believe it is a caching problem due to Sitelock, which after hours of idiotic converse with their "support team" they claim to have disabled. Added to the list of n9n functioning browsers is now apple.

For those of you still able to login can you post what browser you are using? It would be greatly appreciated as we narrow down this problem.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Samsung Android 7.0 using Firefox 53.0, Mozilla 5.0
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

I usually use Chrome on my PC and iPhone.

But I've tried with Safari on my iPhone along with IE, Edge and Firefox on my PC and Chrome on my Chromebook.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Ok, I think we have resolved the issue. I have renamed the cookie that this board uses and so far so good. Since the cookie stores the token to remember logins, everyone will have to re-login again.

Please let me know if you run into any problems.
bmt
Home Owners Association

Post by bmt »

Cool. I am able to log in and post using chrome now.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

Awesome!!! Finally can get on using Chrome. Thanks!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I am unable to get on using Crome, only internet explorer worked.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

skinzfan23 wrote:I am unable to get on using Crome, only internet explorer worked.
What is it doing? Just taking you back to the homepage not logged in?
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

It seems to be working fine now. It wouldn't even pull up the page and just kept giving me some error message.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

skinzfan23 wrote:It seems to be working fine now. It wouldn't even pull up the page and just kept giving me some error message.
If you see the error again, can you either take a screenshot or take note of the message?
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I keep getting an error when trying to access the website from chrome. It is a sql error stating there is already more than max user connections active connections. I tried deleting browsing history and cookies but no success. I am able to access the site on my phone however. Any help?

Edit: I was able to get on. For some reason when I typed http://www.eomahaforums.com instead of just eomahaforums.com and it worked.
Last edited by skinzfan23 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

skinzfan23 wrote:I keep getting an error when trying to access the website from chrome. It is a sql error stating there is already more than max user connections active connections. I tried deleting browsing history and cookies but no success. I am able to access the site on my phone however. Any help?

Edit: I was able to get on. For some reason when I typed http://www.eomahaforums.com instead of just eomahaforums.com it worked.

For what it is worth I use Chrome primarily and have not seen that issue.

EDIT
I just tried typing both options you showed into the address bar and they both worked.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I got the same error skinzfan23 had. But basically got back into the forum and the error and message disappeared (I'm accessing the site through Safari on my iPad)..

Strange though...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I have also receive that message but it seems random. I was checking out the HDR thread and I can't get to last page because that message pops up. So far I can get everywhere else but that last page
Using Safari on an iPad
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

I get the sql error every time : http://eomahaforums.com/
Windows 7 / FireFox 54

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User eomahafo_phpbb3 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

I wonder if there are too many people on at the time you guys are seeing this. I'm not sure what the host's database connection limit is but if more people are on than that then you'd see this error.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I would doubt that. We used to have an auto refresh mod on and that never caused this error message.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

When I use Chrome at work I am getting the same error message, however, I have not had a problem with using Chrome at home on my laptop. Strange
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I recently started having issues with chrome where if I don't put a www in front of the address, it doesn't think the website exists.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Whenever I hit Board Index I get a general error that says there are too many connections to eomaha. Using Chrome.