Local Car Dealership thread

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GetUrban
Planning Board

Re: Local Car Dealership thread

Post by GetUrban »

Not too surprising they would start changing over to Baxter everywhere since they put $4mil into the "Baxter" Arena naming.

"Performance" does have a good reputation/following around town though. Some people probably didn't know they have the same owners.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha World Herald wrote:All seven dealerships operating under the Performance umbrella will take on the Baxter name on Labor Day
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

I finally got to visit a Tesla showroom. Their customer service was below my expectations. I think the salesman thought that the kid with the dirty baseball cap and shorts would never buy a car from them. Once I started asking questions I am sure I knew more about the car and company then him. This is the same story I have from Markel BMW except I had to go into the dealership and asked to be helped from the salesmen just standing around.

I really hope that Nebraska gets their act together and allows Tesla sales here.

Just so I do not seem negative I give Lexus of Omaha and Woodhouse Ford Blair an A+ ranking in about every category.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

LOL!!!

http://www.omaha.com/money/baxter-auto- ... db041.html
Cole Epley / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The confusion didn’t stop there: Email messages from local Performance stores frequently got snagged in spam folders thanks to frequent use of the term “performance” in the marketing of sexual enhancement products, Zagurski said.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yeah I thought that was funny that they mentioned that too.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

More consolidation in the auto business...

H&H Automotive buys luxury car dealer Markel Automotive Group

http://www.omaha.com/money/h-h-automoti ... 7ed82.html
Janice Podsada / World-Herald staff writer wrote:H&H Automotive has acquired Markel Automotive Group, a dealer of luxury car brands.

Steve Hinchcliff, president and chief executive of H&H Automotive, confirmed the sale. Tim Markel, the dealership’s former owner, said the change of ownership went into effect Wednesday afternoon.

The Markel Group’s four luxury brands — BMW, Land Rover, Jaguar and Mini Cooper — will continue to be sold at the dealership’s Westroads location.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

A pet peeve of mine that neither the writer nor Hinchcliff seem to be aware of is that a MINI Cooper is a model sold by MINI. It's the only model sold by MINI and comes in many (no pun intended) different variants, but the brand is not "Mini Cooper," it's just MINI.

Less peeving is that MINI is supposed to be capitalized to differentiate the modern, BMW owned brand from the original.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

H&H Automotive, not wanting to put all its eggs in one basket, is among dealerships jumping at chance to expand

http://www.omaha.com/money/h-h-automoti ... 41885.html
Janice Podsada / World-Herald staff writer wrote:So 85-year-old H&H Automotive began casting a wider net, scooping up other local dealerships. The company bought another longtime area dealer this week — Rhoden Auto Center, a Buick and GMC lot in Council Bluffs, located on the corner of South Expressway Street and 34th Avenue.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Driving west up Lower Dodge yesterday, I noticed that the old "Nissan of Omaha" building at 115th & Dodge had been spruced up...and had a sign on the windows calling it "Woodhouse Hyundai."

I'm assuming Woodhouse bought the Hyundai dealership from Baxter; can't imagine that Hyundai would let Woodhouse open a dealership a mile from the other.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

HskrFanMike wrote:Driving west up Lower Dodge yesterday, I noticed that the old "Nissan of Omaha" building at 115th & Dodge had been spruced up...and had a sign on the windows calling it "Woodhouse Hyundai."

I'm assuming Woodhouse bought the Hyundai dealership from Baxter; can't imagine that Hyundai would let Woodhouse open a dealership a mile from the other.
Good Ol' Gary Sadlemyer rambled enough during a Woodhouse commercial this AM for me to determine they had indeed gotten a Hyundai franch, and also that they're now the only Mazda dealer in Omaha. Wonder why (Olsen)/Performance/Baxter chose to drop them?
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Soon all dealerships will be Woodhouse or Performance/Baxter. That can't be good.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Catfish
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Catfish »

Wondering when/if Deery Brothers Automotive from Iowa will dip into Nebraska. Could really shake up the local car industry.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Lexus of Omaha went to a no discount trial a couple months ago. As someone in my mid 30's I love that concept even if I would end up paying a little more. If their not going to make an electric vehicle they need to do something to compete with the no franchise model of Tesla.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I have wondered a few times why Diers from Fremont has never grown through Acquiring another location or three? They have a long time well established dealership with a name that has value in a fairly large area.

Anyway, random thought of the moment.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Apparently Woodhouse bought Atchley the first part of October, I heard Kara's first "Woodhouse Ford of Omaha" radio spot today.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

I guess Alfa Romeo of Omaha moved out of the Fiat store and in with Woodlouse Mazda. There's a very simple white letter sign that says Alfa Romeo of Omaha on one of their garages.

More interesting though was an adjacent white letter sign on the same garage that read Maserati of Omaha. Is Omaha getting a Maserati dealership?! No Omaha location is listed on their website
ad2330
Home Owners Association

Post by ad2330 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I guess Alfa Romeo of Omaha moved out of the Fiat store and in with Woodlouse Mazda. There's a very simple white letter sign that says Alfa Romeo of Omaha on one of their garages.

More interesting though was an adjacent white letter sign on the same garage that read Maserati of Omaha. Is Omaha getting a Maserati dealership?! No Omaha location is listed on their website

Yes they are. Woodhouse will own it, and they're building it on L next to Alfa. Very exciting news for this market. Next up is likely Bentley, Lamborghini, or McLaren. Ferrari remains a long-shot IMO.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

ad2330 wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I guess Alfa Romeo of Omaha moved out of the Fiat store and in with Woodlouse Mazda. There's a very simple white letter sign that says Alfa Romeo of Omaha on one of their garages.

Yes they are. Woodhouse will own it, and they're building it on L next to Alfa. Very exciting news for this market. Next up is likely Bentley, Lamborghini, or McLaren. Ferrari remains a long-shot IMO.
No seriously. They wouldn't just put Maserati of Omaha in their window if they didn't intend on selling new Maseratis.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

The Woodhouse colossus put a Nissan dealership in Deerfield Place in Millard, temporary according to their spox. Left unsaid is that 'temporary' means until they get a location built at NE-50/370, I'll wager.

This lot is called "Woodhouse Place" for some reason. Also, haven't seen Kara in a commercial for a couple months, some other outfit is doing them.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

damonhynes wrote:The Woodhouse colossus put a Nissan dealership in Deerfield Place in Millard, temporary according to their spox. Left unsaid is that 'temporary' means until they get a location built at NE-50/370, I'll wager.

This lot is called "Woodhouse Place" for some reason. Also, haven't seen Kara in a commercial for a couple months, some other outfit is doing them.
I've been MIA from the area for a few months. Did they take the old Baker's bay, or one further East?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Soon all dealerships will be Woodhouse or Performance/Baxter. That can't be good.
Not with Reagan in the picture fortunately...
Jim Flowers rules!
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

ad2330 wrote:

I think all of those makes would be pretty far fetched for Omaha. You would need serious spenders around to sustain a car dealership of that caliber. Chicago, New York, and Miami have no problem because there are a ton of celebrities and athletes there to buy the cars and have them maintained there to pay the bills.

My official quote: "Omaha will have a top tier professional sports team before having a Bentley or Lambo dealership."
Jim Flowers rules!
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

jessep28 wrote:I've been MIA from the area for a few months. Did they take the old Baker's bay, or one further East?
Further east--in the middle of the strip. There's a groc store of some sort where Baker's used to be.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

damonhynes wrote:
jessep28 wrote:I've been MIA from the area for a few months. Did they take the old Baker's bay, or one further East?
Further east--in the middle of the strip. There's a groc store of some sort where Baker's used to be.
The majority of the old Bakers is Mega Market and a gym.
Jim Flowers rules!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Mega Market is a flea market. I checked the place out back in 2013 or 14. Most of the stuff Dillion's didn't rip out when they shut down the Deerfield location was still there. I worked at that store for a few years, so it was a weird experience walking around.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:Mega Market is a flea market. I checked the place out back in 2013 or 14. Most of the stuff Dillion's didn't rip out when they shut down the Deerfield location was still there. I worked at that store for a few years, so it was a weird experience walking around.

The flea market started out taking up the whole former Bakers store but has now shrunk down to about 1/3 that size. In what was once Bakers produce area we now have a stinky Gym. Then in what was the middle of Bakers you have the Flea Market. that flea market has really shrunk down and now only the best of the junk salesman remain. I think al the junk from all those shops in that flea market put together aint worth 1000 bucks :lol: Basically that flea market is made up of a bunch of hobby/hoarders/crazy people who are like kids "playing business." Next door is a Music Studio. Then Dollar Tree and right about where the old Department of Motor Vehicles offices were is the new Woodhouse Auto Sales store. They must have a 200 cars there inside and out. The Post Office was once on the rocks but is now firmly stable and has been made into the main place in Omaha to get a Passport.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Woodhouse is spending $1.1m in their Maserati building.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

nebugeater wrote:Woodhouse has acquired Plaza Buick GMC as of today.

http://www.omaha.com/money/woodhouse-ac ... 45f8b.html
Woodhouse also owns a Buick GMC dealership in Missouri Valley, Iowa.
The acquisition brings Woodhouse’s holdings to 16 properties.
Soon it's just going to be them and Baxter.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

So that cute lady from Plaza will be out of a job :-(
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Soon it's just going to be them and Baxter.
But you notice that none of the Honda dealerships are tying up with Bax or Wood. I know Honda Cars of Bellevue is owned by the Schworer family, who own a VW dealership in Lincoln.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

damonhynes wrote:

No, but she now needs to wear bib overalls
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

nebugeater wrote:
damonhynes wrote:
No, but she now needs to wear bib overalls
#WhoaNellie
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

The old car lot on 120th and Dodge has sold. Anyone know what is going in there?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

bigredmed1 wrote:The old car lot on 120th and Dodge has sold. Anyone know what is going in there?

Is that where Top Golf is going?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:The old car lot on 120th and Dodge has sold. Anyone know what is going in there?
Is that where Top Golf is going?
Top Golf is going into the Westroads Office Park
That car lot was bought by Baxter (Anderson Properties) Dec15.
Baxter Jaguar?
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Quick trip
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
Quick trip
I don't know if hey are getting rid of some of the building there, but QUIK TRIP just submitted plans for a 4,840 sq ft new building.
Highspot
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Highspot »

So I got an email from Edwards Auto Group that they’re no longer a Subaru Dealer. Any idea what happened, I had always seen and heard good reviews of them.
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

Highspot wrote:So I got an email from Edwards Auto Group that they’re no longer a Subaru Dealer. Any idea what happened, I had always seen and heard good reviews of them.
Not sure but when I went in to meet them for my prearranged meeting to look at new foresters they did not bother to let me know ahead of time they would not have any since they had lost their Subaru dealership.
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

Highspot wrote:So I got an email from Edwards Auto Group that they’re no longer a Subaru Dealer. Any idea what happened, I had always seen and heard good reviews of them.
Their website now redirects to Baxter. Not sure if it is just a friendly pointer to another Subaru dealership, or if related to the closing.