Park Ave Living

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

midtowndeveloper
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Park Ave Living

Post by midtowndeveloper »

Coyote wrote:These Park Ave apartments will be getting a $50,000 remodeled:

do you know if this ever happened?
midtowndeveloper
New to the Neighborhood

Post by midtowndeveloper »

iamjacobm wrote:There is scaffolding up around the corner of this building. Something is afoot there.

corner got hit by a car actually...its going to be rebuilt soon.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

midtowndeveloper wrote:
Coyote wrote:These Park Ave apartments will be getting a $50,000 remodeled:

do you know if this ever happened?
Yes, no and yes.

These plans were cancelled seven months after this posting, but since then, they rewired the entire building, installed a new sewer and plumbing, reroofed, put in a 3ton a/c and 70k btu gas furnace, built a 1666 sq ft garage, and redid the patio.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (91.03 KiB) Viewed 9906 times
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

The Sycamore Apartments mentioned in this thread has now opened.
Located at 1042 S 30th Ave. Info on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/amilestoneproperty/
A lot of new units on line this month.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks for all the updates! I was going to ask you if you could update the Urban Living INDEX thread and just saw you did.
:banger:
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

This building is down. Looks like the owners are the ones doing all the row homes near Leavenworth.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

3105 Marcy may be gone soon also.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (82.8 KiB) Viewed 9410 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

This house on Park Ave, just north of La Casita is gone and Site Plans have been submitted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.01 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

It's good to see the momentum continuing in this neighborhood.
jelizh
Home Owners Association

Post by jelizh »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Uptown Properties LLC submitted a Site Plan for 3112 Mason St:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (67.19 KiB) Viewed 9048 times
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Urban Village purchased the small commercial strip on Park Ave and will renovate it to be used for their office space and indoor parking.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Midtown properties LLC recently demoed the house at 3002 Mason st. This is directly west of "The Art Decos". Parking? Or something more?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Taco wrote:Midtown properties LLC recently demoed the house at 3002 Mason st. This is directly west of "The Art Decos". Parking? Or something more?
Urban Village Development wrote: Hello Mark currently we have not planned anything for that site as of this time. We are currently focusing all of our energy towards our new location opening on May 1 the Triangle located on 30th and Leavenworth. Thanks
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Wish I took a photo of Midtown Triangle when I drove by the other day, looks pretty impressive.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

TIF request for Hanscom Park Apartments at 1029 Park Ave before planning board.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

I believe 1029 is the building owned by inCommon.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Taco wrote:I believe 1029 is the building owned by inCommon.
Its going to be affordable housing. I don't remember where I saw that though.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:TIF request for Hanscom Park Apartments at 1029 Park Ave before planning board.
...and 1040 S 29th...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:TIF request for Hanscom Park Apartments at 1029 Park Ave before planning board.
...and 1040 S 29th...
inCommon now has these before the City Council:

The Georgia
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (135.66 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
The Bristol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (144.48 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

The bristol has 2 siblings. One is north of st marys on 26th st & the other is north of dodge and i want to say west of 50th. All maltese cross shaped.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

NovakOmaha wrote:The bristol has 2 siblings. One is north of st marys on 26th st & the other is north of dodge and i want to say west of 50th. All maltese cross shaped.
I did not know this. :thumb:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (126.47 KiB) Viewed 7363 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (136.29 KiB) Viewed 7363 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (140.6 KiB) Viewed 7363 times
Jonjill11
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Jonjill11 »

New here, but didn't see anything about it. I could be wrong too. Does anyone have any info on the remodeling of the Park Ave apts. next to the Greek church?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Jonjill11 wrote:New here, but didn't see anything about it. I could be wrong too. Does anyone have any info on the remodeling of the Park Ave apts. next to the Greek church?
Looks like Harvest Development bought the property in May. They have a number of other properties in this area.
Athomsfere
Planning Board

Post by Athomsfere »

The really ugly looking ones from the ~80s?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Athomsfere wrote:The really ugly looking ones from the ~80s?
Wow just went by here this morning and they look totally different.
Jonjill11
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Jonjill11 »

Does anyone know which developer is sprucing up the red brick apt complex across from Spaces? Saw new windows and such, also it appears some developer is sprucing up the apt complex near Mason & Park Ave. I saw the gates/fences closed to the entrances in the back and all the blinds off with the lights out. Sorry I don’t know the names of them.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Jonjill11 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:41 pm Does anyone know which developer is sprucing up the red brick apt complex across from Spaces? Saw new windows and such, also it appears some developer is sprucing up the apt complex near Mason & Park Ave. I saw the gates/fences closed to the entrances in the back and all the blinds off with the lights out. Sorry I don’t know the names of them.
I am not sure who it is, but I don't think it is one of the experienced developers. I've never seen more than 2-3 people there at a time and their work has looked pretty shoddy so far. I also think if they had deeper pockets they would have torn it down and built anew.

In other news, the paint on the siding of the newly redone apartments next to the Greek Orthodox church is already chipping. Not a great look for Harvest...
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

Coyote wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:12 pm This house on Park Ave, just north of La Casita is gone and Site Plans have been submitted.

image.jpeg
What plans are they? Does anyone know? It's been a dirt lot for a few years now.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

TIF request at 1007 Park Ave for "Courtyard on Park Townhomes"
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

iamjacobm wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:45 am TIF request at 1007 Park Ave for "Courtyard on Park Townhomes"
According to Google Maps, this would be new construction.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Proposal is 12 rowhouse units. Individual sales, not rentals.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/15.pdf
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

I love the infill of townhomes that are being built in the Park Avenue neighborhood. I think in the long term, they'll be very successful. It looks like the initial listing prices were a little high. I was playing around with Zillow and found this townhome's price had been reduced several times.

813 S 31st St
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Cool to see that one listed. With the price being reduced so much, it kinda points out that the area is not up to that level developers dream of yet. It is still Park Avenue. I think as more of these things are built though, the value will go back up. It would be smart to buy one now, or even if it goes down a little more because I bet the value will go back up as more of this kind of development happens down there. One of the coolest urban concentrations we have imo.
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

Taco wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:41 pm
Jonjill11 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:41 pm Does anyone know which developer is sprucing up the red brick apt complex across from Spaces? Saw new windows and such, also it appears some developer is sprucing up the apt complex near Mason & Park Ave. I saw the gates/fences closed to the entrances in the back and all the blinds off with the lights out. Sorry I don’t know the names of them.
I am not sure who it is, but I don't think it is one of the experienced developers. I've never seen more than 2-3 people there at a time and their work has looked pretty shoddy so far. I also think if they had deeper pockets they would have torn it down and built anew
The apartments on Park Ave & Mason have been remodeled by HD and are named The Belmont.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Jins123 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 am
I am not sure who it is, but I don't think it is one of the experienced developers. I've never seen more than 2-3 people there at a time and their work has looked pretty shoddy so far. I also think if they had deeper pockets they would have torn it down and built anew
The apartments on Park Ave & Mason have been remodeled by HD and are named The Belmont.
Thanks for the information! They did a really good job sprucing up the exterior and landscaping. This cross street is becoming a really nice area for rentals. Has anyone seen any work on the proposed townhouses across the street?
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

Cirino’s has closed (very underrated awesome burger place)

Park Ave Grocery Store is taking its place. Owners failed to get a liquor license at the city council meeting.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

ita wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:28 am
Jins123 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 am
Thanks for the information! They did a really good job sprucing up the exterior and landscaping. This cross street is becoming a really nice area for rentals. Has anyone seen any work on the proposed townhouses across the street?
To answer my own question, it looks like permits were issued for the Courtyard on Park townhomes. Based on the $ amounts, they should be fairly affordable brand new units. This should be a great addition to the market.

https://www.omaha.com/news/record/the-r ... 646b4.html
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Great update on this area of town. I have been there recently, looking at a property. There has been a lot of investment renovating older structures, but I am excited for this new townhome development that will deviate from the now Legacy Urban townhomes that have gone up recently in Midtown and South Downtown. Park Avenue has a great collection of buildings, and these will just add to the area. If anyone can't see the article, the Courtyard townhomes are priced around $300k.