Tesla Service Center

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Re: Tesla Service Center

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

daveoma wrote:Or maybe it's popular to support a technology that won't destroy the planet, so we can watch Omaha grow for a few more years.
I don't understand your post. What do you mean by that?
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

bigredmed1 wrote:
daveoma wrote:
Uffda wrote:Tesla building Supercharger station in Sioux Fall

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b ... 514803001/

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

https://www.tesla.com/findus#/bounds/43 ... ebraska%20
Maybe Teslas are not selling well in and around Omaha?
Tesla runs on government subsidies and hipness. Those cities all have power from MidAmerican Energy. They can claim wind power as their main source of electricity. Now, they and all other wind dependent cities burn stuff to make energy to back up these windmills. That is never discussed because it's not cool.
Are you able to tell me why public owned utilities like OPPD could not qualify for tax credits from "green energy?" I always wondered why Iowa was leaps and bounds ahead of Nebraska in terms of wind energy and then learned some time ago that OPPD does't qualify for tax credits because it is publicly owned.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

daveoma wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:
daveoma wrote:

Looks like Sioux City is getting one and Des Moines area a second one and another by Shelby IA but no new ones around Omaha

Tesla runs on government subsidies and hipness. Those cities all have power from MidAmerican Energy. They can claim wind power as their main source of electricity. Now, they and all other wind dependent cities burn stuff to make energy to back up these windmills. That is never discussed because it's not cool.
Or maybe it's popular to support a technology that won't destroy the planet, so we can watch Omaha grow for a few more years.
Nebraska is very far behind on wind energy. BUT, we are getting close the point where fossil fuels and a lot of the renewable sources will be equal in cost. The subsidies won't be needed when renewables become more economically viable than fossil fuels. Nebraska's public power marketplace doesn't allow for the power supplier to invest in new, more expensive forms of energy because they aren't profit driven.
#gohawks
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

http://www.omaha.com/money/wind-power-w ... 757a1.html
A new wind farm in Wayne County will boost wind power to about 40 percent of the Omaha Public Power District’s electricity generation by the end of 2019.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Stargazer wrote:http://www.omaha.com/money/wind-power-w ... 757a1.html
A new wind farm in Wayne County will boost wind power to about 40 percent of the Omaha Public Power District’s electricity generation by the end of 2019.
I continue to not see why this cannot be implemented on a greater scale. There's no reason we can't be living off of renewable energy in this windy part of the country. Furthermore, I continue to be disappointed with the solar incentives and adoption. Given that we are a public utility, a renewable energy system seems like a no brainer to reduce costs.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Given that the state of Iowa, with all the wind turbines it has been throwing up, has not hit 40% yet... I'd say that OPPD reaching 40% within the next couple of years, is pretty phenomenal... considering how late to the game they've been.
Spork
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Spork »

Stargazer wrote:Given that the state of Iowa, with all the wind turbines it has been throwing up, has not hit 40% yet... I'd say that OPPD reaching 40% within the next couple of years, is pretty phenomenal... considering how late to the game they've been.
Actually, when you close down one plant producing almost 500MW and replace it with almost 500MW of wind contracts, its pretty unremarkable.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Stargazer wrote:Given that the state of Iowa, with all the wind turbines it has been throwing up, has not hit 40% yet... I'd say that OPPD reaching 40% within the next couple of years, is pretty phenomenal... considering how late to the game they've been.
MidAmerican Energy presently stands at about 55% in Iowa, and should hit close to 90% when its newest 2000+ turbine farm goes online in a couple years.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
dwoodchip
New to the Neighborhood

Post by dwoodchip »

daveoma wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:
daveoma wrote:

Or maybe it's popular to support a technology that won't destroy the planet, so we can watch Omaha grow for a few more years.
Amen
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

As of today Nebraska has roughly 1,416 Tesla Model 3 reservations out of 500,000+ worldwide. Douglas: 472 Sarpy: 236, Lancaster: 519 Other: 189 I have an estimated delivery of November - January but am expecting it will be closer to March as I have a few options I am going to be waiting for.

I am really disappointed in Omaha, in particular the Old Market for not embarrassing Electric Vehicles. Every new parking garage should have charging especially the ones by the CenturyLink Center (I'm looking at you Capitol District). Lincoln has done a really nice job of this and a place I would consider very EV friendly.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Trips wrote:As of today Nebraska has roughly 1,416 Tesla Model 3 reservations out of 500,000+ worldwide. Douglas: 472 Sarpy: 236, Lancaster: 519 Other: 189 I have an estimated delivery of November - January but am expecting it will be closer to March as I have a few options I am going to be waiting for.

I am really disappointed in Omaha, in particular the Old Market for not embarrassing Electric Vehicles. Every new parking garage should have charging especially the ones by the CenturyLink Center (I'm looking at you Capitol District). Lincoln has done a really nice job of this and a place I would consider very EV friendly.
Thank you for the info! And I totally agree with what you're saying. Electric vehicles have so many advantages over fossil fuel vehicles that go beyond the environment. It's the future and Omaha needs to start swimmin' or they'll sink like a stone.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

daveoma wrote:
Trips wrote:As of today Nebraska has roughly 1,416 Tesla Model 3 reservations out of 500,000+ worldwide. Douglas: 472 Sarpy: 236, Lancaster: 519 Other: 189 I have an estimated delivery of November - January but am expecting it will be closer to March as I have a few options I am going to be waiting for.

Thank you for the info! And I totally agree with what you're saying. Electric vehicles have so many advantages over fossil fuel vehicles that go beyond the environment. It's the future and Omaha needs to start swimmin' or they'll sink like a stone.
Not saying they do or don't but please list some.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

nebugeater wrote:
daveoma wrote: Thank you for the info! And I totally agree with what you're saying. Electric vehicles have so many advantages over fossil fuel vehicles that go beyond the environment. It's the future and Omaha needs to start swimmin' or they'll sink like a stone.
Not saying they do or don't but please list some.
My list below if mainly for Tesla, Lucid, Fisker and other EV only companies. Some of the legacy automakers have created EV's that they did not want to sell and did not put much effort in them. I am not talking about those below but some do have some of the benefits.

My List:
Safety – NHTSA gave Tesla the best safety rating in history. They have a very low center of gravity reducing rollovers, no engine creating a larger crumple zone, build for safety as the Model S actually broke the roof crush machine. With their sensors they have predicted accidents before they happened two cars in front and slowed to avoid them.

Acceleration – With instant torque you can have car that is quicker than a Lamborghini and seats 7 for a fraction of the cost.

Self-Driving – You are currently able to have your car pull into the garage or drive short distances with no one in it. While driving on highways the vehicle can self-drive, stop, change lanes and take off ramps with a very high degree of accuracy. This is new Beta technology and is improving rapidly. Tesla plans to have a car drive from California to New York 100% on its own later this year.

Software Upgrades – With some computer code your car can become quicker or smarter overnight. More importantly they can make a car safer and prevent some recalls by pushing a fix where a normal vehicle would need to be taken to a dealership. One software update they did is maximum temperature control. Your care will not get hotter than X degrees. If you have kids and forget them in the car it will keep them safer until you remember them.

Styling – Very quiet ride, front trunk, no center hump in the back, more room up front…

Fueling – When comparing the price of electricity to gas, for $2.50 you can go around 115 miles. You simply plug your car in a night like you would your cell phone.

Green - Yes, some EV's use dirty electricity but our grid is getting more and more green. Using gas will always be dirty no matter how much they try. Even using electricity from 100% coal is cleaner than using gasoline.

No Dealerships - Dealerships make money on service and repair and are also an extra step and cost when you buy a car. Tesla is direct and does not want to make money on service. They also do not discount so you never feel ripped off.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

There are fewer moving parts & vibrations on an EV, so they're likely to last longer and lower maintenance cost, because they'll need fewer repairs than cars with combustion engines.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

There is a reason why Tesla already has a mountain of orders for the Model 3. The advantages gained from EVs leaves gasoline vehicles in the dust, 2 states back :lol: .
#gohawks
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Tesla Supercharger open in Sioux Falls

Eight Tesla Superchargers are up and running in a Hy-Vee parking lot at 1900 S. Marion Road, according to a Tuesday email from the California-based company.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/b ... 849567001/
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Excited to give this site a try when returning with a Model 3 next week from KC.

Just hit me Trips, that you're undoubtedly the same Trips on the Tesla forum as well.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Elon Musk confirmed that Tesla will have a Service Center in Omaha in a couple of months. Now Nebraska needs to get their act together and allow them to sell cars here. The "dealership" would be an excellent fit for Village Pointe, Aksarben or West Farms.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Re: Bentley Omaha - Village Pointe (Brix)

Post by RockHarbor »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:44 pm
RockHarbor wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:07 pm
Louie wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm You didn't hear it from me, but apparently the beauty store next door is leaving when their lease is up and the higher ups are courting Lamborghini for the space.
You know you’ve finally arrived as a major metro when both Bentley and Lamborghini dealerships open up shop :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Omaha has a lamborghini dealership??! I literally cant believe it.
Add Tesla to the potential list.. The Omaha Bentley dealership is already open and in business..

Adding Lamborghini and Tesla would be an additional huge feather in the Big O’s cap...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
That would be awesome for Omaha! "Telsa" is a big word out here. They have a big factory/plant here. It's way out in the desert. It is kind of odd.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

If memory serves, I think that Nebraska has laws forbidding a car company from owning a dealership in in the state, and Tesla owns all of its dealerships, so I don't think we'll be getting one unless something changed or changes. I might be wrong on this, I'm just going from memory here, I din't google it.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Professor Woland wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 pm If memory serves, I think that Nebraska has laws forbidding a car company from owning a dealership in in the state, and Tesla owns all of its dealerships, so I don't think we'll be getting one unless something changed or changes. I might be wrong on this, I'm just going from memory here, I din't google it.
I believe there is current legislation in front of the unicameral to change this. That doesn't say it gets done, just on the table.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:59 am
Professor Woland wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 pm If memory serves, I think that Nebraska has laws forbidding a car company from owning a dealership in in the state, and Tesla owns all of its dealerships, so I don't think we'll be getting one unless something changed or changes. I might be wrong on this, I'm just going from memory here, I din't google it.
I believe there is current legislation in front of the unicameral to change this. That doesn't say it gets done, just on the table.
Whatever rule is there, it sounds like a DUMB one, lowering Omaha on the "cool meter." Let Tesla in!
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:59 am
You are correct that Tesla is not allowed to open a dealership in Nebraska. Last year Jon McNeill from Tesla testified that they want to open a "dealership" in Nebraska but they are looking at other options if not allowed. Jon is originally from Nebraska and left being Head of Sales and Service at Tesla to become Lyft's COO.

Tomorrow a few of us are meeting with Senators and letting them take our cars out for a drive. There is a hearing to allow corporate owned dealerships in the state on Tuesday. If this does not pass Tesla could open a dealership in Council Bluffs or have a gallery in Nebraska. At a gallery they can do everything but talk about price, options and sell/deliver a car to you. If the person wants to order they have to do it online and take home delivery or complete the transaction in Kansas City.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Well, Tesla is closing dealerships and going with online sales going forward.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Never get tired of watching these.

Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

iamjacobm wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:45 pm Well, Tesla is closing dealerships and going with online sales going forward.
“Tesla said it will soon conduct all car sales online "to achieve these prices while remaining financially sustainable." The company will ramp up its service system to enable "same-day, if not same-hour" transactions.
"Shifting all sales online, combined with other ongoing cost efficiencies, will enable us to lower all vehicle prices by about 6% on average, allowing us to achieve the $35,000 Model 3 price point earlier than we expected," the company said in a blog post. "Over the next few months, we will be winding down many of our stores, with a small number of stores in high-traffic locations remaining as galleries, showcases and Tesla information centers."
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Uffda wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:59 pm
iamjacobm wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:45 pm Well, Tesla is closing dealerships and going with online sales going forward.
“Tesla said it will soon conduct all car sales online "to achieve these prices while remaining financially sustainable." The company will ramp up its service system to enable "same-day, if not same-hour" transactions.
"Shifting all sales online, combined with other ongoing cost efficiencies, will enable us to lower all vehicle prices by about 6% on average, allowing us to achieve the $35,000 Model 3 price point earlier than we expected," the company said in a blog post. "Over the next few months, we will be winding down many of our stores, with a small number of stores in high-traffic locations remaining as galleries, showcases and Tesla information centers."
Hmmm. I'm sure their market studies have shown that this is a viable business model, but I personally couldn't buy a car without at least sitting in it first.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:16 pm
Hmmm. I'm sure their market studies have shown that this is a viable business model, but I personally couldn't buy a car without at least sitting in it first.
Same here. However, there online only falls with the growing trend of alternative sale models, ie. Carvana. I think it's ridiculous, but I get that with the growth of online shopping, even car buying will eventually fall in line offering an online only retail experience.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

ita wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:40 am
Same here. However, there online only falls with the growing trend of alternative sale models, ie. Carvana. I think it's ridiculous, but I get that with the growth of online shopping, even car buying will eventually fall in line offering an online only retail experience.
I guess they’re offering to give you a car for a handful of days to try before buying, but still.. I feel like there’s got to be an element of guilt tripping you into not returning it if they give you one along with a substantial delivery fee. This does not agree with my introverted-ness
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:52 am
I guess they’re offering to give you a car for a handful of days to try before buying, but still.. I feel like there’s got to be an element of guilt tripping you into not returning it if they give you one along with a substantial delivery fee. This does not agree with my introverted-ness
I agree with you there. The interesting this is the Volvo is introducing an all-electric line in the next couple years through Polestar. Their planned mass-produced all-electric model, the Polestar 2, will be sold via small outlets without inventory and will be pushed for online sales. However, unlike Tesla, local "dealers" will not be owned by Volvo. We won't see them here upon debut (will most likely be sold primarily in larger metros to start), but it will be interesting to see how more manufacturers deal with the online age of retail.
obvious2677
Library Board

Post by obvious2677 »

ita wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:10 pm
TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:52 am
I agree with you there. The interesting this is the Volvo is introducing an all-electric line in the next couple years through Polestar. Their planned mass-produced all-electric model, the Polestar 2, will be sold via small outlets without inventory and will be pushed for online sales. However, unlike Tesla, local "dealers" will not be owned by Volvo. We won't see them here upon debut (will most likely be sold primarily in larger metros to start), but it will be interesting to see how more manufacturers deal with the online age of retail.
Model Y "unveil" is in 10 days. Truck unveil is scheduled for later this year.

You can configure the Polestar 2 and place a reservation now. It's scheduled to be delivered in Q2 next year.
Porsche, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, BMW, Nissan, Kia, Volvo, Volkswagon, Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Chevy, among others all have electric vehicles coming out in 2019-2020. Not trashing on Tesla, but they're going to be under some serious pressure in the next 2-5 years to make more cars, in a more efficient process to survive - as literally every car maker transitions to producing electric vehicles.

Volvo Trucks delivered their first electric trucks a few weeks back - garbage trucks and a small fleet of semi's. They're being debuted in California later this year and will be mass-released next year in the U.S.
obvious2677
Library Board

Post by obvious2677 »

Tesla announced yesterday that they'll keep some stores open - with fewer cars in inventory. So - Omaha still won't see a storefront.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Tesla is opening a service and most likely delivery center at 1110 Woodbury Ave in Council Bluffs. This is an old Sears Auto Center by the Mall of the Bluffs. This is a huge win for Iowa as it paves the way for several other companies to open there.

Senator Vargus and Hunt of Omaha tried to get the laws changed but the Republican lead Transportation Committee would not allow it to be voted on. The head of Nebraska Auto Dealers Association said they would not compromise and Tesla should build in Iowa, so they did. While Tesla is blocked today others such as Rivian, BYD, Fisker, Lucid, Bollinger and other EV manufacturers are also blocked in Nebraska. Nebraska it's not for everyone.
ScrattyB
Library Board

Post by ScrattyB »

Ha!

What does the Transportation Committee think of the Omaha streetcar idea?
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

This state continues to go backward :lol: I’m still 100% for Omaha secession hahahah
#gohawks
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Here's a recent Nonpareil article on this service center. It opened in June and is only open until noon because they claim most repairs can be done at a customer's home.

https://www.nonpareilonline.com/busines ... 0cfbb.html
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

With signage.. and it's true, Tesla mobile service rangers continue to do most service wherever the customer requests they meet them.

Also, in case anyone didn't know... Dingman is an 'official' Tesla body shop. They actually draw business from well beyond Omaha.
https://dingmans.com/tesla-approved-collision-repair/