108th St. - Sarpy County

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

108th St. - Sarpy County

Post by Coyote »

For those of you who drive in La Vista/Papillion: the 108th St bridge over the tracks is finally open after 2 years of construction - one of the sites taken away from WEB (if I remember them correctly) - and 108th is now connected with Cornhusker at Giles. I was surprised to see so much traffic already on this street at 5:00 pm.

That and filling my tank up with $1.99 gas today just made my Friday - oh - and I finally got my 20 GB mp3 player connected to my computer so this makes for a great weekend 8)
POTUS
Home Owners Association

Post by POTUS »

Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!

I used to travel that length of road all the time. Going around to 96th Street is now so yesterday!

Why did this project take so long, I wonder?

Coyote, looks like you are having a great day. Good for you. This weekend would be really great with a Husker win, but eh... at least the weather will be great.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Road widening nears completion

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2058372
There is still some work to be done on the bridge over the railroad, Herr said, but it should be finished, and the entire road opened, in about two weeks. The project started in July 2003.
Great! this should speed up some of my trips in to LaVista!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

And they put the streetlight up at the 108th and Giles intersection practically overnight. I noticed there is traffic also going south of Giles along the creek... I haven't tried it... is it paved all the way to 96th already? or is there still some gravel? That'll be my new route if it's done.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Anyone have a map? :-)

This is great news! So is 108th & Cornhusker cross the creek, or is it just the road that is by the juvenile detention center near 96th & Cornhusker? I'm confused, or merely confusing myself.

But great news!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Two things

1. The time of the light is not right, it is red way too short on Giles and way too long on 108th

2. The road south of giles goes along the creek and by LaVista Public works, by the Detention Center, by Shamrock Concrete, by OPPD, up past Home Depot and ends up at 84th and Cornhusker.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

1. The time of the light is not right, it is red way too short on Giles and way too long on 108th
I noticed that too... it just started working late yesterday... I'm sure they'll adjust it soon (if it hasn't been done already).

So have they paved Cornhusker all the way back there? This is a big improvement for the commute from I-80 to Papillion. I guess I'll be trying it Monday.
POTUS
Home Owners Association

Post by POTUS »

jsheets wrote:Anyone have a map? :-)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I noticed that too... it just started working late yesterday... I'm sure they'll adjust it soon (if it hasn't been done already).
2:30 am friday night/saturday morning when I was leaving work it was not done. Also, why is that light not flashing at 2:30am
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

jhuston wrote:So have they paved Cornhusker all the way back there? This is a big improvement for the commute from I-80 to Papillion. I guess I'll be trying it Monday.
Cornhusker is paved all the way through now.
It is a weird feeling driving that short strecth, being someplace familiar yet seeing it from a different perspective.

Also if you notice Bellino's the land grading south of Cornhusker at 96th St. - they now have elevated land ramps over Papillion Creek - so a 96 st bridge looks a little closer in the making.

I hope they correct the signal at 108th & Giles - or have those 'magic signal changers' embedded in the street pavement. The intersection of Harry Anderson and Harrison does not - which bugs the heck out of me when I take that and have to wait 3-5 minutes before the light finally decides to change.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Thanks for the map and the details! I drove this road a few times this weekend. It is great for getting to DT Papillion from I-80 (or in my case, 108th & Q). Opening 96th from Cornhusker to 370 will be another great addition. It will open up traffic from I-80 (or 108th & Q) to Shadow Lake Towne Center (so you could avoid DT Papillion)!

Lastly we just need 114th or 108th to be paved from Giles to 370, as this would open up I-80 (or, 108th & Q) to Walnut Creek Lake and Papio South High...
Coyote
City Council

Re: 108th St. - Sarpy County

Post by Coyote »

Since Bellino was mentioned here, the grading I mentioned before was planned for an apartment complex, but the city wanted them to pay for road improvements, which they have refused. It was actually the cement company's trucks that have done the most damage to Cornhusker. Something should be settled soon though.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Re: 108th St. - Sarpy County

Post by U R my Helix »

Looks like we lost track of this project at 1341 W 6th St Papillion, NE 68046. Phase 1 opened in 2017 with 96 units and Phase 2 is now under construction 07/2018. Originally known as Bellino Ninety Six the name is now The Apartments at Lux 96. The original plans called for 345 units built in 4 phases. The website is https://www.lux96apartments.com/ and facebook is https://www.facebook.com/events/560204744154671/