West Dodge Pointe - Baxter (NW 168th & Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Ingersoll1978
Library Board

Post by Ingersoll1978 »

Your welcome! I figured that piece of info would be informative.

I would be super jealous over this project if it had one thing...APARTMENTS OR OFFICE SPACE ABOVE THE STREET RETAIL (I,J,K,L) PORTION OF THE PROJECT! Overall, it's a great suburban project though. Congrats Omaha!

I wonder what happens to these people and their trailers?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

On the Grow Omaha radio show this moring, guest David Brown, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce stated that basically proposed development metro wide is predicated on whether there is a healthy downtown..That developments like the ones along West Dodge would most likely NOT be planned or possible, if Omaha did not have a healthy, growing and ever vibrant DT and urban core..

A very wise assessment indeed..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
cvoge
New to the Neighborhood

Post by cvoge »

Good catch, Cowboy.

I'd definitely like to use the new fitness center.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Did anyone see the lines P & Q: "Detention Center"? I saw that before I realized they were WATER detention centers. For a minute I was thinking "Who the heck are they trying to attract out here?" :)

BTW, how many people do you suppose will use that walkway over Dodge? (if that's in fact what it is) I've watched people out there drive from Best Buy from Kona.

-Big E
Stable genius.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Yeah, those people probably are going to shake their heads at a quarter million plus 1,000 sq foot condo, whether it's downtown or within a short drive of Best Buy or Kona Grill.

And not to upset anyone or suggest any slant towards one lifestyle versus another (I just like playing devil's advocate for some reason)... for those so drawn to them, there is suddenly the possibility of living on the 9th floor and being within walking distance of a Wild Oats. I'm sure it will appeal to someone.

Hopefully downtown will get a nice grocery store in the relatively near future.
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

I wonder what happens to these people and their trailers?
The park owners never told anyone who lives there. So It will most likely be a 30 day eviction notice[/quote]
Go west young man.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

So speaking of West Dodge development, I was driving around that area today, and noticed that on this road that goes Northwest of the Infinity dealership, there is street parking linning it as well as some very nice, pedestrian friendly, brick intersections. Could this be the footing for West Dodge Station?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The trailer park on the west is leased area, the trailer owners don't own the land the trailer sits on, however the trailer park on the east actually contains platted lots which can be individually sold, so the chances of the other park gowing away are not nearly as good.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:So speaking of West Dodge development, I was driving around that area today, and noticed that on this road that goes Northwest of the Infinity dealership, there is street parking linning it as well as some very nice, pedestrian friendly, brick intersections. Could this be the footing for West Dodge Station?
Yes, I believe that is for West Dodge Station.
SaOmaha
Library Board

Post by SaOmaha »

Big E wrote: BTW, how many people do you suppose will use that walkway over Dodge? (if that's in fact what it is) I've watched people out there drive from Best Buy from Kona.

-Big E
That is a good question? I thought the footbridge over Dodge was a great Idea. It would make Village Pointe and Tribedo Lifestyle Mall (retail area) appear as one shopping area, giving more stores to chose from. Of course some people will be lazy and drive from one end to other end of the shopping center or across the street to get to the next store. Half the fun of shopping is walking!

I like the layout of Tribedo. The Tribedo Lifestyle Mall should have the feeling of an upper-class small town main street. To me that is friendly shopping.
Maverick
Home Owners Association

Post by Maverick »

Does anyone else think the name of this is at least somewhat humerous? Much like North Downtown is a direct ripoff of LoDo (Lower Downton, Denver), Tribedo (Triangle Below Dodge) is an obvious rip off of Tribeco (Triangle Below Canal, New York).
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

I'm thinking that would be Tribeca. ;)

(I'd usually let the typo slide, but A and O are nowhere near each other.)

-Big E
Stable genius.
papiostud
Home Owners Association

Post by papiostud »

Wouldn't it be Triabdo since it's above dodge? ;-)
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Names have always been stolen from NYC and other large cities. Look at the Empire State Building in DTO, or the new Wall Street Tower.

Or how about Wilshire Blvd and Wall Street roads where the defense contractors are in Bellevue.

I don't think that Tribedo and North Downtown have a good ring to it, so I'm not a fan of the names, but I don't mind "borrowing" terms from larger areas.

How about calling the North Downtown area Picadilly Circus? :-)
Last edited by jsheets on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

jsheets wrote:Picadilly Circus
I thought the city council had that trademarked... ;)
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Cool thanks for the links man!!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I work with a guy who lives in this trailer park. He told me that they have to be moved out by sometime in early September (I forgot the exact day....the 9th?). He apparently plans on moving to 100th and Fort. I think he said something about another trailer park being there, but according to Google Earth there isn't.
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

it is off 114th and fort
Sunset Speedway was north of the park
Go west young man.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

it is off 114th and fort
I think it is 114th and Ida

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 9,0.035319
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Its all still moving quite a bit and the latest plans dont really look like what is shown in this post... There is quite a bit of work left on this one... May make it to Planning Board this month though but I'd expect more delays.
loyalomahan
Library Board

Post by loyalomahan »

I'll say. It looks like another Village Pointe now. I liked the first plan better.

Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

are they going to scratch the 2 condo towers?
Go west young man.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

No, according to that the towers (10 stories residential plus penthouses-11?) are located at T and U. A 3 story parking structure is at V. Also a hotel will be at J, which I would gess would be a good 5-6 stories. So this is still a good project, but I liked the original plan better.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Hmmm, I'm indifferent about the new plan over the old one, but still too much parking.
It looks like it could also be 100th and Irvington, I dunno, the kid (obviously) isn't the brightest crayon in the box.
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

according to that the towers (10 stories residential plus penthouses-11?) are located at T and U.
Thank you. My monitor at work is kinda dark so it is hard to see what was written there.
Go west young man.
OPlaya
Home Owners Association

Post by OPlaya »

Uffda wrote:
it is off 114th and fort

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 9,0.035319
I think I know that trialer park haha. I almost hooked up with a girl who use to live there.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2207605
Resignation is settling like dust on the 45-plus-year-old Regency Mobile Home Park northeast of 180th Street and West Dodge Road.

"What's gonna happen is we're definitely going to get pushed out of here," resident Bob Lancaster said. "That's inevitable."
I shall reserve comment.

-Big E
Stable genius.
SaOmaha
Library Board

Post by SaOmaha »

I saw the article “Trailers in way of progress” in today Omaha World Herald
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2207605

I hope they are given enough time to find a new place to live.

Agreeing with loyalomahan above, I like the old plans over the new layout. What happen to the Pedestrian Bridge over Dodge, connecting Tribedo to Village Pointe? It would be nice walking connecting between the two life style malls.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Old layout

Yeah I agree as well, the old layout looked much more like a city street passing through. Now, it just looks like a drive through a big parking lot.
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

I knew several kids in that neighborhood growing up. I assume that they have all moved away by now. But it is still sad to see it go. But if has to go at least what will replace it will be better than a car dealer's lot.
Go west young man.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

There are some traffic issues comming up that may change the layout yet again...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Little fight left in trailer court
Omaha World Herald wrote:After more than 45 years, the Regency of Omaha mobile home park soon will cease to exist. The trailer court northwest of 168th Street and West Dodge Road will officially shut down Thursday, said Larry Jobeun, attorney for the company that plans to turn the area into shops, offices and condos.
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

cdub wrote:There are some traffic issues comming up that may change the layout yet again...
couldnt find an article, but i thought i remembered something to the extent that an intersection from this development with 168th would be too close to dodge st intersection thus requiring a bridge over the UP tracks, the buyout of some trailers just north of the tracks, and a new intersection. im guessing the developer didnt want to do all that and that is why the land is for sale.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Li ... xtDir=Down

also from that sale link was yet another site plan

Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  

What happened to this thing? I want that.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Axel wrote:What happened to this thing? I want that.
There was a story a few months ago about an illegal landfill found on the site, I think they are still cleaning it up.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Buried trailer houses, the economy and the developer happened.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

So is it happening or not?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Nothing official that I'm aware of.  I'm sure he's just trying to wait it out but I'd guess the plan changes again before something gets going.
mwm10403
New to the Neighborhood

Work on tribedo

Post by mwm10403 »

Driving by 168 and Dodge, I've noticed a lot of work being done planing the ground and surveying. Have they decided to go ahead with development here?
________
Growing Marijuana
Last edited by mwm10403 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Just grading for now.  With the grading does comes the relocation of the road through the site.