Twin Creek Area (36th and 370)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:

Are we sinking to this low.... A funeral home in a strip mall:

Whats with every McDonalds in sarpy County being completely rebuilt:

Remember when the Bellevue Berry Farm was out in the country:
papiostud
Home Owners Association

Post by papiostud »

Did did you happen to stop into that Starbucks then?  I probably was workin  :)  Lanky's is really good, great pizza's.  I didn't care so much for Moe's!
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Mortuaries in strip malls...... Sweet :twisted:
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

djc311 wrote:Mortuaries in strip malls...... Sweet :twisted:
Guess that gives a new meaning to the "loading dock."
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I'm going to guess that this is a John A. Gentleman business office... although the effect on the adjacent bay lease rates probably isn't any different.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

It's all about location, location, location.  The mortuary next to the tax man is just good business sense!
jessep28
Planning Board

Re: Twin Creek Area (36th and 370)

Post by jessep28 »

The movie theater is being rennovated.

Marcus Twin Creek Cinema renovations will include in-theater dining, bar
By Paige Yowell / World-Herald staff writer

The Marcus Twin Creek Cinema in Bellevue will be renovated to add leather recliner seating in every auditorium, install a large-format screen to one auditorium and provide new bar and dining options.

Two other Omaha theaters and one in Lincoln have gotten or will be getting upgrades.

The made-over Bellevue theater, when work is completed in May, will have three Big Screen Bistro auditoriums with in-theater dining; a Take Five Lounge full-service bar; and a Zaffiro's Express, which will serve thin-crust pizza, sandwiches, salads, appetizers and desserts.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Nice to see, I haven't actually been there yet, but seeing that I only live 2 miles south of there, I am sure I will at some time.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

skinzfan23 wrote:Nice to see, I haven't actually been there yet, but seeing that I only live 2 miles south of there, I am sure I will at some time.
It's a nice theater, but it was built in 2000 and probably could use some updating.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was told that with the new digital projectors these theaters pay for every seat in the theater, every time the movie is run. They have a computer that tracks all of it and knows how many times each movie is showin in which theater and also knows how much each theater holds. In order to make up the difference the theaters are doing whatever they can to get people in and also to spend more on food and beverage while they are there.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I figured that the trend towards this super premium moviegoing experience was to extract more revenue per person as an offset to the general decline in people going to the movies.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Here are a few pictures of the renovated theater:

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Twin Creek Cinema to get second huge screen
The Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based theater chain will convert an existing auditorium at Twin Creek Cinema into a second UltraScreen DLX, which features up to a 70-foot-wide screen and a “fully immersive sound experience,” said Marcus Theatres spokeswoman Mari Randa. Construction is expected to begin in early February and finish up by the end of that same month.
The UltraScreen DLX is a giant screen — the first Twin Creek screen added is three stories tall and 56 feet in width — that Marcus says is engineered to provide sharp digital images and realistic sound.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Re: Twin Creek Area (36th & Hwy 370)

Post by ChadJK »

Not sure if it's Twin Creek as it predates Twin Creek Plaza (it's probably actually Summit Plaza, but tomāto tomäto), but this came up in conversation the other day. Does anyone remember when the McDonald's at 36th & Hwy 370 was opened? I want to say 1990ish? Originally, it was a "Rock-n-Roll McDonalds" with a 50s/60s theme, but has since remodeled.
Last edited by ChadJK on Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:54 pm Not sure if it's Twin Creek as it predates Twin Creek Plaza (it's probably actually Summit Plaza, but tomāto tomäto), but this came up in conversation the other day. Does anyone remember when the McDonald's at 36th & Hwy 370 was opened? I want to say 1990ish? Originally, it was a "Rock-n-Roll McDonalds" with a 50s/60s theme, but has since remodeled.
I don't remember that but I do remember it caught on fire twice in the same year, both times from cars catching fire in the drive through.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Property tax records show a construction date of 1990 for that McDonald's store.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

That McDonald’s seems jinxed. Yep, they managed to burn down after a car in the drive through lane caught on fire and it spread to the building. They rebuilt, only to have the very same thing happen just months after they reopened, burning the newly reconstructed building once again. They also are a major pain to figure out how to actually access the restaurant.
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

nativeomahan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:33 pm That McDonald’s seems jinxed. Yep, they managed to burn down after a car in the drive through lane caught on fire and it spread to the building. They rebuilt, only to have the very same thing happen just months after they reopened, burning the newly reconstructed building once again. They also are a major pain to figure out how to actually access the restaurant.
And, Robert Hawkins, the Westroads shooter, was an active employee there at the time of his crimes, if I remember correctly. Or, had just recently lost his job there.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Re: Twin Creek Area (36th & Hwy 370)

Post by ChadJK »

Happy Buddha's Asian Cuisine and Wild Chicken Grill have opened in Twin Creek Plaza.