Shadow Lake Towne Center (72nd and 370)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Realhoops
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Realhoops »

djc311 wrote:
Big E wrote:There are virtually no areas in lower Manhattan where you can not see at least two Starbucks at the same time.

-Big E
That's my point! If the center doesn't attract a Starbucks & a Scooters, or even just one brand with multiple stores, then why locate two companies which significantly overlap one another in the same place? As a matter of fact, the GNC's in Omaha were all owned at one time by the guy who started Complete Nutrition.
There actually are two Starbucks, sort of.  There is a Starbucks in the Hy-Vee, and another across 370 to the North-East on the corner of 72nd and 370.  (Of course just about a mile or so East of there is another stand-alone Starbucks with another located inside the Bakers).  Starbucks everywhere.

(I miss Barista's in downtown Papillion.)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Realhoops wrote:(I miss Barista's in downtown Papillion.)
I have to second that. They had the best Mocha in town.
Welcome to the Forum hoops!
papiostud
Home Owners Association

Post by papiostud »

Ditto!  and the best Chai teas intown.   Well I recently found out someone broughtout the building a few weeks ago.   I peaked in there last week and the huge $4,000 Espresso machine is finally gone. :=(  Also I seen OPPD out there few days ago.   So look for something to go in there soon but it won't be no Barista's Daily Grind.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Their store on 180th and Pacific turned into ice cream place?
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

I checked out the Nebraska brew pub last night.  Not bad, not great either.  The beers are ok with maybe one or two worth going back to try again.  Food was about average.  Not worth going out of your way for but probably as good as anything else in the area.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

I agree about the food, cdub.  I was there a few days ago and felt the same way.  However, with that said, I do know that there will be some significant menu changes on the way.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just to the west of Shadow Lake will be the Ark at Shadow Lake - right is to the north.

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

What is it?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

First Phase is a 61,000 square foot multi-story retail and office building.  35,000 in retail 17,000 in office space with a common meeting room on the third floor - due to open February of 2009.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

KPTM listed off a bunch of new tennents on the news tonight.  I did not see anything on their website yet.

Here is from the Shadow Lake website:
Fatburger
Known across the Southwest for its 100% USDA lean beaf burgers and shakes. This will be the restaurant's first Midwest location.
Finish Line
Provides the best selection of sport inspired footwear, apparel and accessories to fit the fast culture of action addicted individuals.
Motherhood Maternity
High fashion at low prices for all of your maternity needs.
Sally Beauty Supply
Offers over 5,000 professional quality products for hair, skin and nails to retail customers and salon professionals.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

A few more stores and some opening dates from the OWH a week or so ago:
Aéropostale, slated to open at the end of April in a 3,574- square-foot storefront on the center's Main Street next to Claire's, sells casual wear and accessories aimed at teens.

Motherhood Maternity will open March 27 in a 1,726- square-foot bay across from Sweet and Sassy.

Sunglass Hut, Taco Bell, Z Wireless, Charter West Bank and Buffalo Wild Wings have announced plans to come to the center, but no opening dates have been set. Charter West National Bank will open its first Sarpy County location.

The center earlier announced the addition of retailers Finish Line in April, American Eagle in May and the restaurant Fatburger near the end of April.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10285109
theurge
Home Owners Association

Post by theurge »

I didn't even know about Fatburger, until I stopped at Old Navy today...

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

While I'm sure their food is good, the name sounds repulsive.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Fatburger is an institution! :)

Yeah, I admit the name is not the best, but it's no worse than Chubbyville. :)
Lizard
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Lizard »

I have to admit, when I first heard the name Fatburger I thought "They made a restaurant chain out of that stupid Kenan and Kel burger movie?"   Then I realized I was thinking of Goodburger.  :(
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The food is good, and the atmosphere a bit frenetic.  The burgers remind me of those at Culver's, which is a good thing.  This is a good addition to the local Sarpy dining scene.  Expect to pay $6-8 for a typical meal.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

So what is the building going up next to Red Robin at Shadow Lake?  Scanned through some of this here and I don't see any mention of it but I may have missed it.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:So what is the building going up next to Red Robin at Shadow Lake?  Scanned through some of this here and I don't see any mention of it but I may have missed it.
I have been wondering this myself - so I finally went to their site and I believe it will be a Buffalo Wild Wings. Kind of disappointing - another place I won't be going to.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:So what is the building going up next to Red Robin at Shadow Lake?  Scanned through some of this here and I don't see any mention of it but I may have missed it.
I have been wondering this myself - so I finally went to their site and I believe it will be a Buffalo Wild Wings. Kind of disappointing - another place I won't be going to.
It is way to big to be just a BWW.  It very well may have more than one bay in it though.  At first I thought it might be another bank but was by there today and I am pretty sure it is not.
10thstgoober
Home Owners Association

Post by 10thstgoober »

I ran across this ad on Craigslist

http://omaha.craigslist.org/fbh/865563090.html

New Location for BWW but it doesn't mention where.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Here's what's NEW at Shadow Lake Towne Center!
Aeropostale is a specialty retailer of casual apparel and accessories, principally targeting 14 to 17 year-old young women and men.

Fatburger
Known across the Southwest for its 100% USDA lean beaf burgers and shakes. This will be the restaurant's first Midwest location.

Finish Line
Provides the best selection of sport inspired footwear, apparel and accessories to fit the fast culture of action addicted individuals.

Motherhood Maternity
High fashion at low prices for all of your maternity needs.

American Eagle Outfitters Laidback, current clothing for 15 to 25-year-olds at affordable prices

Buffalo Wild Wings Coming Soon

is one of the Top 10 fastest growing restaurant chains in the country. They pride themselves with being more than a “wing-place.” They give customers a full menu complete with salads to burgers to a variety of specialty items. Buffalo Wild Wings prides itself as a place that people can go to have a good time watching the game on the big screens, playing trivia or just hanging out with friends in a fun, laid-back environment.

Taco Bell – When you want to step up to the freshest ideas in fast food, make the bold choice for Taco Bell®. They serve tacos, burritos, signature Quesadillas, Grilled Stuft Burritos, nachos, and other specialty items such as the Crunchwrap Supreme™, in addition to a wide variety of Big Bell Value Menu® items.  

Texas Roadhouse Coming Soon

Steaks, ribs, homemade side dishes, fresh-baked bread and more offered in a fun-filled environment.
Their map places it just north of Red Robin :

http://www.shadowlakeshopping.com/stores.asp
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

That coming soon list makes Taco Bell sound like a gormet Mexican restaraunt.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:
It is way to big to be just a BWW.  It very well may have more than one bay in it though.  At first I thought it might be another bank but was by there today and I am pretty sure it is not.
The north side of this building now has a 'suite' address with an Alltel Wireless sign in the front window so it is more than one bay.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

This is too odd, as I think Verizon already has a place in the mall, and they bought Alltel.
Brad
City Council

Shadow Lake stores growing

Post by Brad »

Shadow Lake stores growing

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100827/M ... es-growing
Trenton Albers WORLD-HERALD NEWS SERVICE wrote:With the announcement of three new stores at Shadow Lake Towne Center, the number of stores is more than 65 and the shopping center is about 92 percent full.

The Children’s Place, Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, and the Aspen Athletic Club all are set to open either in late 2010 or early 2011.

Two others stores — rue21 and Subway — recently opened their doors.

Shadow Lake opened in May 2007 with about 25 stores, and it has grown each year, said Alicia Peters, Shadow Lake marketing director.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Never heard of Freddy's.  Is it like Culver's I wonder?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Two new businesses at Shadow Lake

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100908/M ... hadow-lake
Omaha World-Herald wrote:Coming in early November is Morning, Noon & Night, a locally owned business serving drinks and food timed to the period of the day.
Omaha World-Herald wrote:Toys R Us Express, opening before the holiday shopping period, is a smaller version of the national chain. It will be situated near the Alegent Health Amphitheatre.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha World-Herald wrote:Coming in early November is Morning, Noon & Night, a locally owned business serving drinks and food timed to the period of the day.
What a concept,  Funny no other restaurant has ever thought of that!   :;):  This could work at a place like maybe McDonald's, Denny's,  Cracker Barrel, Apple-bee's or an number of other places.  Wonder i it will catch on?
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

It needs to be a night club, one in which the outside is the inside, and the inside is the outside. Doesn't that just blow your mind?

almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

S33 wrote:It needs to be a night club, one in which the outside is the inside, and the inside is the outside.
YES! And they could make it look like a giant lawn!...and put it in North Downtown!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Coming in early November is Morning, Noon & Night, a locally owned business serving drinks and food timed to the period of the day.
What a concept,  Funny no other restaurant has ever thought of that!
LOL, a concept so new, so advanced, it makes tomorrow seem like yesterday! :)
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

My God, it's full of stars...

Stable genius.
di12345
New to the Neighborhood

Post by di12345 »

As the owner of Morning, Noon, & Night, I just want to clarify the obvious misconceptions.  It's not a restaurant.  It's a coffee, tea and wine shop, specializing in specialty tea from Tea Forte', coffee from Beansmith, and local and imported fine wines.  We serve gourmet snacks and sweets (cheeses, cured meats, scones, biscotti) and have coffee, tea, & wine tastings.  We also have a wine bar.  For the record, you can order coffee, tea, or wine any time of day.  We have 8 wines on tap all the time, and sell accessories and gifts associated with coffee, tea, and wine.  
I'm pretty sure the idea of serving breakfast in the morning, lunch at noon, and dinner in the evening has been done to death :)
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

di12345 wrote:As the owner of Morning, Noon, & Night, I just want to clarify the obvious misconceptions.  It's not a restaurant.  It's a coffee, tea and wine shop, specializing in specialty tea from Tea Forte', coffee from Beansmith, and local and imported fine wines.  We serve gourmet snacks and sweets (cheeses, cured meats, scones, biscotti) and have coffee, tea, & wine tastings.  We also have a wine bar.  For the record, you can order coffee, tea, or wine any time of day.  We have 8 wines on tap all the time, and sell accessories and gifts associated with coffee, tea, and wine.  
I'm pretty sure the idea of serving breakfast in the morning, lunch at noon, and dinner in the evening has been done to death :)
Welcome to the forum!  Do you have any info about Beansmith?  Didn't really find a wealth of info on their site.  Mrs Tuna and I love Intelligentsia but it would be great to find a local spot of the same quality.
DeWalt
Human Relations

Post by DeWalt »

almighty_tuna wrote:
di12345 wrote:As the owner of Morning, Noon, & Night, I just want to clarify the obvious misconceptions.  It's not a restaurant.  It's a coffee, tea and wine shop, specializing in specialty tea from Tea Forte', coffee from Beansmith, and local and imported fine wines.  We serve gourmet snacks and sweets (cheeses, cured meats, scones, biscotti) and have coffee, tea, & wine tastings.  We also have a wine bar.  For the record, you can order coffee, tea, or wine any time of day.  We have 8 wines on tap all the time, and sell accessories and gifts associated with coffee, tea, and wine.  
Welcome to the forum!  Do you have any info about Beansmith?  Didn't really find a wealth of info on their site.  Mrs Tuna and I love Intelligentsia but it would be great to find a local spot of the same quality.
Beansmith is a local artisan roasting company, located out near PayPal.  Their coffee is absolutely amazing!  I don't buy coffee anywhere else.  Whole bean Kenya French Mission for this old fart.  

I'll guarantee you that you won't find better coffee anywhere.  Shoot, my kids who live in Minneapolis complain all the time about the coffee up there, and they've started ordering from Beansmith.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/beansmithcoffee

http://www.beansmith.com

*I don't know why I can't get the links to work propertly, but you can copy & paste.  
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Cool, thanks!
tommy316
New to the Neighborhood

Post by tommy316 »

[quote="nativeomahan"]Never heard of Freddy's.  Is it like Culver's I wonder?[/quote]

Pretty much like Culver's- smaller menu, burgers are about the same. Not bad, not anything special.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

A couple "new" things (new to me at least)

1.  BWW

2.  Freddy's
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

How is Freddy's not being sued by Friendly's?

"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Apply today to be part of the exclusive
Shadow Lake Towne Center Consumer Advisory Group.

Shadow Lake Towne Center is seeking men and women who are interested in sharing their opinions, ideas and observations about the shopping center, social media, shopping habits, the community and more. Members look forward to exchanging their thoughts in an relaxed, discussion style meeting each quarter.  

Click http://www.shadowlakeshopping.com/direc ... group2012/ to download an application. (Requested information may also be typed or written separately.)

Required commitment: Four Thursdays evenings (4:30-6:30p) per year.
Tentative meeting dates*: April 12, July 12, October 11, January 10     *Meeting dates subject to change.

Completed applications due by March 15, 2012.
Delivery options include:
·         Drop-off in person: at the Shadow Lake Towne Center Management Office (next to Wheatfields on the second floor) Open Mon-Fri 9a-7p and Sat-Sun 12-5p
·         E-mail: Amanda Goeser - agoeser@shadowlakeshopping.com
·         Mail: Shadow Lake Towne Center Management Office - c/o Amanda Goeser
7775 Olson Drive, Suite 205 - Papillion, Ne 68046
·         Fax: 402.537.0055

Applicants selected for membership will be notified by e-mail and/or phone before April 2, 2012.