I thought we already had this thread, but we don't so here we go.
Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
Poll will be added after we get some nominations.
Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
My current #1 is the Steak Philly at Barrett's!
I really like the Philly at Jimi D's too.
I really like the Philly at Jimi D's too.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
zippy
- Library Board
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:55 pm
- Location: Harvey Oaks
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
It's been a long time, but Lansky's was our go to for work lunches. It was good enough to justify driving from 108th and John Galt to 50th and L.
-
NEDodger
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
Thanks, Brad. Blizzard conditions coming in and now I’m dying to get a Philly….!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
Lol. I had the Barrett’s one last night and can’t stop thinking about it!NEDodger wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:43 pm Thanks, Brad. Blizzard conditions coming in and now I’m dying to get a Philly….!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
I can confirm, because I’ve had it recently, the Philly at Jimi D’s is very good…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106376
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
+1 for Barrett's! Side note, I've never had a hotter (temperature) philly than from Barrett's. It's like they hand it to you straight from the center of the sun.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
Steak Philly at Barrett’s gets my vote as well.Brad wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:46 pm My current #1 is the Steak Philly at Barrett's!
I really like the Philly at Jimi D's too.
Greg
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Omaha's Best Philly Steak Sandwich
Probably an unpopular opinion...
I think I am too used to the fast food variety of cheesesteak sandwiches with their thin cut meat and heavy seasoning. When I get a more homemade version at a full service restaurant the meat is frequently a little too gristly (you take a bite, pull your mouth away, and drag half the meat off the sandwich) or is sort of bland (I'm reaching for the salt shaker).
I think I am too used to the fast food variety of cheesesteak sandwiches with their thin cut meat and heavy seasoning. When I get a more homemade version at a full service restaurant the meat is frequently a little too gristly (you take a bite, pull your mouth away, and drag half the meat off the sandwich) or is sort of bland (I'm reaching for the salt shaker).