
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Does anyone know what is going on with this building? I noticed today that Dicon Construction has a sign in the window and some simple barricades in front.


-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
I'm glad you posted this because I've been wondering. I don't think this is that E bar we had heard about though.
DTO
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Whatever it is, I just hope we see some actual work on it soon. Keep in mind there are Dicon signs on the Barker building too. :?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036554
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Detail??? Address??? Cross Streets???? Anything other than a photo?
The only point of reference in the photo is the police station in the back ground.
The only point of reference in the photo is the police station in the back ground.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
South side of Harney between 14th and 15th. Straight north of Patrick's market.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036554
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Thanks Josh. It sold in Jan of this year to:the1wags wrote:South side of Harney between 14th and 15th. Straight north of Patrick's market.
BOARD OF CERTIFICATION INC
4223 S 143 CIR
OMAHA NE 68137-4505
The physical Address of the building is
1415 HARNEY ST
OMAHA NE 68102

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
SWEET! Board of Certification is the hotspot!! j/k :;):
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Have you ever had one of their Board of Certifitinis?
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
It sold for a very nice profit too!
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106374
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
I want to certify until 2am!! Can I get a witness?!!!? :lafcry:Big E wrote:Have you ever had one of their Board of Certifitinis?
-Big E
-
SaOmaha
- Library Board
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:24 pm
- Location: Omaha
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Several years ago, Christ Community Church brought this building for its collage ministry and Old Market outreach. The college group did a lot of inside demolition and cleanup for future ministry outreach, than the collage pastor had a vision and left Christ Community Church to start his own downtown church.
Christ Community Church put this building on the market and appears that BOARD OF CERTIFICATION INC is the buyer.
I goggle them today and they have a website:
http://www.bocatc.org/
From the Website
Christ Community Church put this building on the market and appears that BOARD OF CERTIFICATION INC is the buyer.
I goggle them today and they have a website:
http://www.bocatc.org/
From the Website
What is the BOC?
The Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC) sets the standards for the practice of athletic training. The BOC is the only accredited certifying body for Athletic Trainers in the US.
The BOC was incorporated in 1989 to provide a certification program for entry-level Athletic Trainers and recertification standards for Certified Athletic Trainers. The entry-level certification pro
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
I think you're confusing threads and buildings. I'm guessing you are thinking about the other building by the MAX?
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
You're right. That's the last thing I'd want to see DT is a church with a bunch of kids trying to convert everyone every weekend.
DTO
-
SaOmaha
- Library Board
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:24 pm
- Location: Omaha
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
I am not “confusing threads and buildings”. You are the1wags. I attended Christ Community Church and know about the recent history of the building.
the1wags, what is the MAX? which building you are taking about?
I Know of several downtown outreach ministry including Great Adventure Ministries
http://www.greatadventureomaha.com
Old Market customer go where there spiritual or entertainment need are met.
Who know what BOARD OF CERTIFICATION INC do with this building?
the1wags, what is the MAX? which building you are taking about?
I Know of several downtown outreach ministry including Great Adventure Ministries
http://www.greatadventureomaha.com
Old Market customer go where there spiritual or entertainment need are met.
Who know what BOARD OF CERTIFICATION INC do with this building?
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
He was actually talking to me not you. In the post I edited out above I was talking about a completely different building because I got threads mixed up.SaOmaha wrote:I am not “confusing threads and buildings”. You are the1wags. I attended Christ Community Church and know about the recent history of the building.
the1wags, what is the MAX? which building you are taking about?
What is the Max? It's where I go to church. You should check it out.
DTO
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036554
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
You know that not every person the believes in god and enjoys going to church spends their weekends trying to convert people. I have meet a lot of really cool people and have had a lot of fun on church trips and at church events. I know 2 really EXCELLENT photographers that are very religious, doesn't mean that they only take pictures of Jesus, Mary, and Churches.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Spending a little too long kneeling in the pews?DTO Luv wrote:What is the Max? It's where I go to church. You should check it out.
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
cosmoguy
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:13 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
HAHA! Amen DTO LUV!! The Max is mecca!
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4329
- Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
- Location: Council Bluffs
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
you've heard of the Max all the way down there in Texas?
Go Cubs Go
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
I was walking by today over lunch and could see workers going in and out of the building. It looks like what ever is going on is progressing.
DTO
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
The lady that bought this building is moving her offices from West O. to upper floor of this building. The lower floor will be made ready for retail. I don't know what her business is nor does it appear that there is any current prospects for the lower retail bay.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
That sounds great!
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
SaOmaha
- Library Board
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:24 pm
- Location: Omaha
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Last Tuesday, November 11 Omaha World Herald What's happening at ... featured 1415 Harney St.
http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3940&u_sid=10484233
Omaha World-Herald photo
:
It be interesting to see who leased the retail space. Let hope it would be a good fit for the old Market.
http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3940&u_sid=10484233
Omaha World-Herald wrote: Where: 1415 Harney St.
What: Renovation into office space.
Details: The National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification Inc. purchased the building in January, said Anne Minton, assistant executive director. The Omaha-based nonprofit group, which sets the standards for the practice of athletic training, plans to move its 13 employees Nov. 21 from its current location, 4223 S. 143rd Circle, to the downtown building's second floor. ...
... The 6,000-square-foot second story has been converted into 13 offices, two conference rooms, a full kitchen and a loft for future expansion. The work included adding an elevator and removing plaster to expose the original brick walls. The also-renovated 3,000-square-foot first floor is available for lease through Grubb & Ellis/Pacific Realty broker Kyle Peterson. ...
Omaha World-Herald photo
:It be interesting to see who leased the retail space. Let hope it would be a good fit for the old Market.
-
Ben
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm
- Location: Westside
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
The way I read the OWH article, I don't think it's been leased yet... Hopefully someone will pick it up quickly.SaOmaha wrote:It be interesting to see who leased the retail space. Let hope it would be a good fit for the old Market.Omaha World-Herald wrote: .....The also-renovated 3,000-square-foot first floor is available for lease through Grubb & Ellis/Pacific Realty broker Kyle Peterson. ...
While it'd be nice for retail, I don't know that you'll get a regular retail-type place - its still a bit too far from the core of the OM for people to wander by. Maybe a destination sort of shop like photography studio (isn't there one somewhere near there already?) or something like that.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
This is the exact type of "small scale" development that Downtown needs to see more of. Very cool.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
They have new exterior lighting on the building at night and it looks very nice.
I don't think it's as nearly off the beaten path as some might think. If you're only Downtown every so often to eat in the OM you might not go by it but there are other active areas DT outside of the OM. Plus with this spot being near Patrick's I think they will get a decent amount of foot traffic past the building.
I don't think it's as nearly off the beaten path as some might think. If you're only Downtown every so often to eat in the OM you might not go by it but there are other active areas DT outside of the OM. Plus with this spot being near Patrick's I think they will get a decent amount of foot traffic past the building.
DTO
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10812
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
Thread revival.
Didn't get a picture as I was driving, but there is a very large mural on the west side of this building facing the Orpheum. I don't remember seeing it before and it isn't in the latest streetview which dates to Nov 2024 so much have gone up this year.
Didn't get a picture as I was driving, but there is a very large mural on the west side of this building facing the Orpheum. I don't remember seeing it before and it isn't in the latest streetview which dates to Nov 2024 so much have gone up this year.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Re: The Fandel Building (1415 Harney St)
I’m not sure it’s even finished. It’s much more detailed than about a week ago.iamjacobm wrote: Tue Sep 30, 2025 6:30 pm Thread revival.
Didn't get a picture as I was driving, but there is a very large mural on the west side of this building facing the Orpheum. I don't remember seeing it before and it isn't in the latest streetview which dates to Nov 2024 so much have gone up this year.
-
Jins123
- Library Board
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:02 pm
