What Tier is Omaha?
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
Tier 2 or tier 3,4? What do you think? is Omaha on The level as such cities as Nashville,Charlotte,Orlando?or on The level as such cities as Memphis,Raleigh,Tulsa,ABQ?or is on par with such cities as Des Moines,Wichita,Bakersfield,Toledo,Syracuse?I myself would put Omaha on Tier 3 border line Tier 2!Make a case for Omaha and why it should be in a certain Tier- list such things as Fortune Fivehundred companies,population,GDP,public services,transportation,universities etc...
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
What Tier is Omaha?
1 because Omaha is way better than where ever you're from and going to try and make a case that it isn't. 
DTO
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm
What Tier is Omaha?
Definitely with Memphis,Raleigh,Tulsa,ABQ,...
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
What Tier is Omaha?
It is impossible to answer this question because there are no established standards or definitions for urban "tiers" that I know of. We rank with urban areas of our size. Duh.
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
<<Thanks for your input!DTO Luv wrote:1 because Omaha is way better than where ever you're from and going to try and make a case that it isn't.
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
lol! Well thanx for your input anyway!nativeomahan wrote:It is impossible to answer this question because there are no established standards or definitions for urban "tiers" that I know of. We rank with urban areas of our size. Duh.
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
Here is a Tiered list of American city's based on regional and national importance,it also adds in population and other things.This list is from 2006!alot can change in 4 years!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranally_city_rating_system[/img]
-
justnick
- Human Relations
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
- Location: Downtown
What Tier is Omaha?
We're on no tier until Lady Gaga finally comes here.
Her Boyfriend is from here and we can't even get her. Therefore, Omaha is a certain kind of heck.
Her Boyfriend is from here and we can't even get her. Therefore, Omaha is a certain kind of heck.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106387
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
What Tier is Omaha?
You missed her then, because she opened up for New Kids on the Block last year.justnick wrote:We're on no tier until Lady Gaga finally comes here.
F is for F-A-I-L!!!!
-
justnick
- Human Relations
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
- Location: Downtown
What Tier is Omaha?
I know.almighty_tuna wrote:You missed her then, because she opened up for New Kids on the Block last year.justnick wrote:We're on no tier until Lady Gaga finally comes here.
F is for F-A-I-L!!!!
-
omaproud
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:28 pm
- Location: NORTHWEST OMAHA
What Tier is Omaha?
Regarding Lady Gaga, a friend of mine whose sister works at the private jet area east of Eppley said Lady Gaga arrived in Omaha last Monday. I have no other details about why she was there, when she left, how she left, etc. She had a concert the next night in K.C. I would seem logical that she met her boyfriend here(or came here with him) and spent the night before continuing on to K.C. Anyone spot Gaga out and about Monday night?
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
Lol!Thank You ALL for your input,it's good to know there is some good forumers here at eomaha that contribute to a thread and make a lot of sense<sarcasm!FYI I really want to know what you guys think and value your input,not every person has to be a troll!I admit I laughed alittle over The Gaga comments! 
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm
What Tier is Omaha?
Oh, you mean Lady Gag-Me?dmoor82 wrote:I admit I laughed alittle over The Gaga comments!
-
Guest
What Tier is Omaha?
I still don't understand why "pop culture" considers lady gaga a fashion icon/sensation. From what I see, I may as well smear feces all over my face, use a 12-box as a hat, and a streak marked pair of 1989 WWF underwear. She uber disgusto.
-
Guest
What Tier is Omaha?
Anonymous wrote:I still don't understand why "pop culture" considers lady gaga a fashion icon/sensation. From what I see, I may as well smear feces all over my face, use a 12-pack beer box as a hat, and a streak marked pair of 1989 WWF underwear. She uber disgusto.
-
justnick
- Human Relations
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
- Location: Downtown
What Tier is Omaha?
When we want to take your advice on Fashion, we'll surely let you know.Anonymous wrote:I still don't understand why "pop culture" considers lady gaga a fashion icon/sensation. From what I see, I may as well smear feces all over my face, use a 12-box as a hat, and a streak marked pair of 1989 WWF underwear. She uber disgusto.
Moving on.
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
So it's official Lady Gaga is Tier One,and Omaha is Tier Two!Thanks to all you great people for all your input,and Thanks for sticking to The subject Thread posted above,This is without a doubt The best group of forumers ever!
-
justnick
- Human Relations
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
- Location: Downtown
What Tier is Omaha?
I adore your sarcasm. And that's not sarcasm.dmoor82 wrote:So it's official Lady Gaga is Tier One,and Omaha is Tier Two!Thanks to all you great people for all your input,and Thanks for sticking to The subject Thread posted above,This is without a doubt The best group of forumers ever!
Please do stay.
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
^^ Yeah I actually like This site,I've been a member for a Year and a half and I like to keep up with The development of Omaha!I will continue to visit this fine site!
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4891
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am
What Tier is Omaha?
The wikipedia city tiers link is very accurate except for Oklahoma City, how are they in the same category as Denver, KC, Phoenix, etc? I like OKC a lot and love what they are doing with their downtown but that just doesn't make any sense.
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
^^Yeah if anything OKC would be at The bottom of that tier,and there is alot of small cities lumped in with Omaha's tier that aren't even close to being as important, so I'd take this rating list with a grain of salt!here is a list of of all micropolitian and Metropolitian areas in The U.S. and there metro that city is most reliant upon,like for trade,business etc....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Trading_AreaThis list was originally supposed to be for telecommunications only!
-
dmoor82
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
- Location: Midwest
What Tier is Omaha?
Yeah OKC would have The smallest MSA and GDP(1.3 million and 50+ bill) in That tier,and with 2 mill ppl in metro KC it would be The second smallest metro in this list!Denver and esp Phoenix have significantly larger metro populations than KC and especially OKC!but if you read the The top of The page it explains why OKC would be in that tier,but I just dont see it!Linkin5 wrote:The wikipedia city tiers link is very accurate except for Oklahoma City, how are they in the same category as Denver, KC, Phoenix, etc? I like OKC a lot and love what they are doing with their downtown but that just doesn't make any sense.
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:06 pm
- Location: Bennington
What Tier is Omaha?
Looking at that Basic Trading Area page... I would have guessed that Sioux City would be more attached to Omaha than Des Moines... we're almost half the distance away.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.