The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
-
Professor Woland
- Library Board
- Posts: 367
- Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Creighton is part of that program.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
OK, so we're talking about authorized Apple resellers in the campus computer store, not Apple Stores on campus.
Significant difference (but only to nerds like me).
Significant difference (but only to nerds like me).
Stable genius.
-
Professor Woland
- Library Board
- Posts: 367
- Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
It would be cool to get one at 72nd and Dodge, especially if they make it bigger.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Big E -- I think an Apple campus Store would be a step up from a typical reseller like Nfm/BestBuy
http://education.apple.com/locate/buyoncampus/
It talks about in house training and workshops which NFM/BB don't offer and I think they can offer the education discounts which a reseller like NFM/BB doesn't
http://education.apple.com/locate/buyoncampus/
It talks about in house training and workshops which NFM/BB don't offer and I think they can offer the education discounts which a reseller like NFM/BB doesn't
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Absolutely no argument there.Uffda wrote:Big E -- I think an Apple campus Store would be a step up from a typical reseller like Nfm/BestBuy
Stable genius.
-
skywalker23
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:36 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
An apple campus store is a little apple store integrated into the university bookstore. at least that's what it is at my school. I don't know of any training or workshops that happen there, but it must be convenient for Macbook owners to get quick support/repair. When my Dell computer's AC adapter broke, I had to call some guy on the phone, explain what i need 3 times, and then they shipped a new AC adapter; took 2 days. Thankfully I was able to dump everything on a flash drive before the battery died, so I could continue to work using library computers while the new AC adapter came.Uffda wrote:Big E -- I think an Apple campus Store would be a step up from a typical reseller like Nfm/BestBuy
http://education.apple.com/locate/buyoncampus/
It talks about in house training and workshops which NFM/BB don't offer and I think they can offer the education discounts which a reseller like NFM/BB doesn't
anyways, an apple store near a university, especially a large one like UNO, must be a cash cow for apple.
-
joleo
- Library Board
- Posts: 261
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:22 pm
- Location: Des Moines
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I've been to 3 REI's. Seattle, Minneapolis and Denver and they are all awesome!! I'd bet between those 3 stores, I've spent 4k-5k over the years. One in Omaha would be amazing!!!!!!Brad wrote:They thing I don't like about REI is their Downtown Denver store is absolutely AMAZING! However the rest of the stores look like any other big box store.nebport5 wrote:I'd love REI as well but it may curb your enthusiasm a bit if turned out to be not much more than clothes, like the Chicago area locations. I'm sure they'd cater to the demographic and compete with Cabela's and Bass Pro, but hopefully they'd have more "outdoor gear" since they don't cater to hunters and fishermen.almighty_tuna wrote:REI!! WOOO!!! I'll be broke in a week, but ready for any spontaneous mountaineering adventure!
-
mcarch
- Library Board
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
- Location: Elkhorn
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
What does REI sell?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Outdoor Gear. Hiking, climbing, camping, etc.mcarch wrote:What does REI sell?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8989
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Anybody know when this project is supposed to begin. I'm really hoping this does become a reality.
Greg
Greg
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Fairacres May Be Designated As Blighted
City Needs Declaration In Order To Redevelop Crossroads Mall
City Needs Declaration In Order To Redevelop Crossroads Mall
KETV wrote:The city plans to declare the area around Crossroads as a community redevelopment area. It's part of a state law that allows cities to offer tax increment financing to developers. In order to do that, the area must be designated as blighted and substandard.
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1452
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Yo. I don't think the Fairacres Crips are gonna like this one bit-- ------ I predict high tea followed by some taggin'.
Last edited by ricko on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8989
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I believe they can shrink the area they are designating as blighted. I think District 66 has been trying to force that.
Greg
Greg
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
ROFLMAO!ricko wrote:Yo. I don't think the Fairacres Crips are gonna like this one bit-------- I predict high tea followed by some taggin'.
-
joeglow
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2645
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
This clearly demonstrates how dumb government is. Blighted has NOTHING to do with the state of the neighborhood. Essentially, they are saying "hey we got a great opportunity to develop ____________, but the developer wants the taxpayers to pay for a chunk."Coyote wrote:Fairacres May Be Designated As Blighted
City Needs Declaration In Order To Redevelop Crossroads Mall
KETV wrote:The city plans to declare the area around Crossroads as a community redevelopment area. It's part of a state law that allows cities to offer tax increment financing to developers. In order to do that, the area must be designated as blighted and substandard.
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10812
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Cont ... 48984.html
500 beds would be a pretty substantial addition on top of the old Dillards if they all go there.Rod Gates, of OTB Destination, explained they want to create a "mixed use development here with office components, hotel, student housing component of roughly 500 beds, and about 500-600,000 square feet of new market retail that's not currently operating in the Omaha market."
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Does anyone have a pic of the proposal rendering shown in the WOWT video?
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10812
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Not the exact rendering. Here is a pdf from a presentation on the project though. It is the best I have found.Linkin5 wrote:Does anyone have a pic of the proposal rendering shown in the WOWT video?
http://www.crewmidwest.com/presentation ... ads%20.pdf
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Nice. Thanks, Jacob.iamjacobm wrote:Not the exact rendering. Here is a pdf from a presentation on the project though. It is the best I have found.Linkin5 wrote:Does anyone have a pic of the proposal rendering shown in the WOWT video?
http://www.crewmidwest.com/presentation ... ads%20.pdf
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Crossroads 'blight' is reduced
Jeffrey Robb of the Omaha World-Herald wrote:Wednesday, the Omaha Planning Board voted 4-0 to endorse a smaller redevelopment area. Among the residential areas removed was Fairacres. Parts of the Westside Community Schools district also were removed from the redevelopment area.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I didn't see any residential or office space in that rendering...maybe theres a more current one?
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10812
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
That is from a presentation the developers had at the Qwest during the Crew Midwest event in early April. OTB's website has nothing on the project so I assume that this is the most recent drawing available.OmahaJaysCU wrote:I didn't see any residential or office space in that rendering...maybe theres a more current one?
-
Dusty
- Human Relations
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 pm
- Location: Central Florida
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I really wish they would drop the "university village" from the title. Just call it Crossroads. I'm sick of all the developments using village in the title. Yes, we know it is an urban village based on design. You don't need to throw that in the name.
-
Fromaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:41 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I really wish they would drop the "university village" from the title. Just call it Crossroads. I'm sick of all the developments using village in the title. Yes, we know it is an urban village based on design. You don't need to throw that in the name.
How about calling it The Village Shoppes at Towne Pointe Centre. A nice catch-all. :sarcasm:
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
How else would people know it's safe to go there, though?
Stable genius.
-
cdub
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 pm
- Location: Tempe. AZ
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
That plan has changed quite a bit and continues to evolve. Hopefully for the better. Additional tennants and more cooperation from some of those existing.
Unfortunately, the City isn't moving forward with the Blight and Substandard in Fairacres so they won't be able to condemn that old ladys house. That would have really made the plan awesome!
Unfortunately, the City isn't moving forward with the Blight and Substandard in Fairacres so they won't be able to condemn that old ladys house. That would have really made the plan awesome!
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I agree.Dusty wrote:I really wish they would drop the "university village" from the title. Just call it Crossroads. I'm sick of all the developments using village in the title. Yes, we know it is an urban village based on design. You don't need to throw that in the name.
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
The Old Country Buffet is closed now.
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Yeah, when the Old Country Buffet closes... you know the situation is dire.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Another 3 months or so they should be closer to a more definitive site layout and design... or so I'm told. Sounds like this project is going to be pretty cutting-edge and really cater toward the younger demographic, too.
-
Dusty
- Human Relations
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 pm
- Location: Central Florida
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I hope they save the double tent canopy over the food court and use it somewhere else in town. This is the only cool thing left at crossroads.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
The largest of its kind in the world when it was built, IIRC.Dusty wrote:I hope they save the double tent canopy over the food court and use it somewhere else in town. This is the only cool thing left at crossroads.
-
Seth
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1436
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
- Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I actually walked through the mall for the first time last week (my wife needed to stop by VS). It was dead, but surprisingly nice. I've seen more run-down malls (and certainly strip malls) that with much higher occupancy and customer traffic. Sure, it looks dated, but that's just on its way to vintage, right? The canopy is pretty cool.Dusty wrote:I hope they save the double tent canopy over the food court and use it somewhere else in town. This is the only cool thing left at crossroads.
I'm not going to feel bad if it's leveled, but I don't think it's as bad as people say it is.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I thought Victoria's Secret was long closed by now.
-
Bomaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:36 pm
- Location: Chicago
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
You will obviously categorize this in the rumor section of this particular thread, but a friend from work is in an architecture class and had a guest lecturer, the Omaha city planner. Apparently, nordstroms and macys are set for here and they are trying desperately to get rid of Sears. They want this to be like a high end retail, area. Okay this is coming from some snot nose brat that I hate with all my might. I understand that none of this makes sense. The city planner apparently said that it is basically a done deal, but he wasn't supposed divulge those retailers. Again I don't know of any validity to these "claims" though.
-
Seth
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1436
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
- Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
I'm actually going to be sad of Sears leaves. I don't want to drive way out to BFE when I need tools!
-
Seth
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1436
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
- Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Isn't Target pretty entrenched there anyway? I don't know how you can kick out Sears because they're not "upscale" enough, but still have Target in the development. Despite what all the fanboys say (and I am one who does enjoy Target), they really are just Wal-Mart with a classier image. At least Sears is classic (if not classy).
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)
Exactly!Seth wrote:I don't want to drive way out to BFE when I need tools!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
