Planning Board
Posts: 2191
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
What are you 10?
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
1620 The Zone will have a sister station starting Monday
1180 The Zone 2
1180 The Zone 2

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
I think Petros and Money are brutal.ThatGuy wrote:My opinion here.
Petros and Money is the most entertaining "sports" show on the radio since Kylie and Booms years ago.
My ears bleed if I listen to Schick and Nick for more than 1 minute. I guess Schick is OK, but Nick's annoying laugh after each and every thing Schick says makes me want to rip the radio out of my car.
Kevin Kugler is fairly solid, but the other dude is super annoying, unless they are talking about the NFL draft.
I can't believe Omaha has a AAA team and nobody carries KC Royals Games.
Not a fan of Schick and Nick either.
I do like Kugler and Severe.
I can't believe Rome is still on. Same show he was doing 15 years ago. His callers are horrible. I don't care about smack amongst them.
The Royals have been added to to 1620 and 1180, hopefully all of their games will be carried in the future.
I do like the idea of 1180 going sports full-time as well.
Greg
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Schick and Nick gets funnier the more you listen to them, there are reoccurring jokes and themes that are pretty good. I have always liked Unsportsmans like conduct due to the good interviews and Kugler is awesome.Greg S wrote:I think Petros and Money are brutal.ThatGuy wrote:My opinion here.
Petros and Money is the most entertaining "sports" show on the radio since Kylie and Booms years ago.
My ears bleed if I listen to Schick and Nick for more than 1 minute. I guess Schick is OK, but Nick's annoying laugh after each and every thing Schick says makes me want to rip the radio out of my car.
Kevin Kugler is fairly solid, but the other dude is super annoying, unless they are talking about the NFL draft.
I can't believe Omaha has a AAA team and nobody carries KC Royals Games.
Not a fan of Schick and Nick either.
I do like Kugler and Severe.
I can't believe Rome is still on. Same show he was doing 15 years ago. His callers are horrible. I don't care about smack amongst them.
The Royals have been added to to 1620 and 1180, hopefully all of their games will be carried in the future.
I do like the idea of 1180 going sports full-time as well.
Greg
Anybody know what happened to Petey Mac on that brutal afternoon sports show on 590? This show has got to be one of the worst I have listened to in a while. It is approaching Zach and Jack levels of terribleness.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1321
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
1180 has always been 1620's "sister station"...in fact, originally 1620 was supposed to replace 1180 to free up radio bandwidth. 1180 was a sports station before they moved it to 1620, and then they ran other things (Radio Disney) for a while until they were supposed to shut it down. Which they did for a while, then the FCC basically relented and said that 1180 could go back on the air.
Glad to see Tim Brando on in the market. I thought that NRG made a mistake bringing Fox over from 590, but I guess they had to do it to get Rome.
Glad to see Tim Brando on in the market. I thought that NRG made a mistake bringing Fox over from 590, but I guess they had to do it to get Rome.
City Council
Posts: 10813
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
Nice to be getting Dan Patrick back in town. I'll listen to him over Rome.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
He is good. To be fair, white noise is a step up from Jim Rome.iamjacobm wrote:Nice to be getting Dan Patrick back in town. I'll listen to him over Rome.
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
I am hearing from a source that I feel is solid and reliable that Kevin Kugler is leaving the show he helped launch on 1620. Not sure on exact time but it supposed to not be too far off.
That makes me wonder (if true) what is next for him?
Is he taking on a larger roll with the Big 10 Network, Is his roll with NCAA or NFL coverage growing or moving to TV rather than radio? Is he just tired of the daily show and has enough other things going on to not need it?
And then the next question is who repalces him on 1620?
Damon Benning? He is on a lot and hold his own. Not coaching now so this may be an option.
One of the guys from the AM show? Sure hope not.
John Bishop? Has a pretty solid gig in Lincoln if I am correct.
Anyone alse heard any rumbling to this effect?
That makes me wonder (if true) what is next for him?
Is he taking on a larger roll with the Big 10 Network, Is his roll with NCAA or NFL coverage growing or moving to TV rather than radio? Is he just tired of the daily show and has enough other things going on to not need it?
And then the next question is who repalces him on 1620?
Damon Benning? He is on a lot and hold his own. Not coaching now so this may be an option.
One of the guys from the AM show? Sure hope not.
John Bishop? Has a pretty solid gig in Lincoln if I am correct.
Anyone alse heard any rumbling to this effect?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1321
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
I have not heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I don't know what pays the bills for him: local sports talk, NFL/NCAA play-by-play, BTN and NET moonlighting, or voiceovers for commercials...but it has to be quite the grind. And he has the talent to be bigger than Omaha, if he wanted to leave the area.
Who replaces him? My instinct suggests they'll look outside the market, but it could be Damon Benning. John Bishop is program director at KLIN in Lincoln; I doubt he'd do it. Maybe David Gustafson, who's now in Columbus and did Creighton baseball on 1620.
Who replaces him? My instinct suggests they'll look outside the market, but it could be Damon Benning. John Bishop is program director at KLIN in Lincoln; I doubt he'd do it. Maybe David Gustafson, who's now in Columbus and did Creighton baseball on 1620.
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
How about John Fricke? He does fill in work for Fox Sports Radio. He lives in Atlanta I belive. Bleeds Husker Red and I have seen him post on a couple BBS's in the past that he would love to get back to Nebraska. I belive he did some PbP for second level sports for the Huskers at one time and is a UNL grad. He deffinalty has an opinion if you ever hear him on Fox
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Home Owners Association
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:13 am
No offense but why would a new guy need to bleed husker red? I've never thought Kugler was a husker homer.
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
A new guy doesn't need. Just point out his ties to Nebraska. I agree on Kevin, he is not a Husker homer and calls it like he sees it. My take on Frecke Bleeding Husker Red is because on his National shows if they are talking college he always seems to find a way to bring Nebraska into it. By the way, no offense taken!blueblood wrote:No offense but why would a new guy need to bleed husker red? I've never thought Kugler was a husker homer.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
Please keep the jay-sker homers away from the radio. We have too many of them already. Would much rather listen to someone who can talk intelligently about UNO, non-spectator participation sports, and pros.
Home Owners Association
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:13 am
bigredmed wrote:Please keep the jay-sker homers away from the radio. We have too many of them already. Would much rather listen to someone who can talk intelligently about UNO, non-spectator participation sports, and pros.
Totally agree. The national radio shows do well without it, it would be nice to have a local angle on it. I think there is an audience for it.
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Maybe Gary Sharp? I wonder if he would come back to the area.
Greg
Greg
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
I'm assuming it's Kevin leaving but aren't we supposed to get the big Nighthawks annoucement this week?
Greg
Greg
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1321
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
If it was a Nighthawks announcement, Mike'l Severe would have said something more specific about it.
Please make sure you tune into Unsportsmanlike conduct on Wednesday for a very special announcement. Live from the Aqua Zone.
Gary Sharp would be good as well.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
We have a lot of people who are into participation sports. We have morethat are looking to start, or add a new game. It would be cool to have a day or two a week where they talked about this.
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Kuglar leaving Next Thursday 7/5. Expanded Roll at BTN.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Replacement named next week.Brad wrote:Kuglar leaving Next Thursday 7/5. Expanded Roll at BTN.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
SO is it true that this AM it was anounced that Nick Bahe is leaving the 1620 morning show?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
My co-worker told me that Shick is going to be the PM co-host with Mike'l and Nick was going to do other things. Not sure what that means.nebugeater wrote:SO is it true that this AM it was anounced that Nick Bahe is leaving the 1620 morning show?
There will be a new show on in the Morning.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Not sure what to think of that. WIll give it a shot but I hope his AM act does not come to the PM slot.
Brad wrote:My co-worker told me that Shick is going to be the PM co-host with Mike'l and Nick was going to do other things. Not sure what that means.nebugeater wrote:SO is it true that this AM it was anounced that Nick Bahe is leaving the 1620 morning show?
There will be a new show on in the Morning.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Jason Peter and _______________ in the Morning...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
1620's press release says that Nick Bahe is leaving to do something outside of radio....
Greg
Greg
Home Owners Association
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:13 am
Brad wrote:Jason Peter and _______________ in the Morning...
Read some where else they are bringing in someone from Lincoln as the second guy. I'm sorry but husker morning, noon and night? Gawd, enough already. I suppose Schick and Nick talked husker 90% of the time anyway but does anyone have any guts in this town? Are there that few listeners to radio that no one can give us a choice? I have nothing against husker fans or shows and an all Jay show is not my answer but wow anyone ever hear the word overkill? Jason Peter? This thing bombs and fast.
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Lincoln guy? Where did you see this?
Greg
Greg
County Board
Posts: 4430
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Idk, man. During basketball season, I hear very little about Nebrasketball, and mostly Creighton. And for good reason, Nebraska basketball blows harder than Andy Dick on Hollywood Blvd.blueblood wrote:Brad wrote:Jason Peter and _______________ in the Morning...
Read some where else they are bringing in someone from Lincoln as the second guy. I'm sorry but husker morning, noon and night? Gawd, enough already. I suppose Schick and Nick talked husker 90% of the time anyway but does anyone have any guts in this town? Are there that few listeners to radio that no one can give us a choice? I have nothing against husker fans or shows and an all Jay show is not my answer but wow anyone ever hear the word overkill? Jason Peter? This thing bombs and fast.

Home Owners Association
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:13 am
On The White and the Blue board. Don't take it as fact. Lincoln guy or not its another 4 hours of husker added to the 24 that already exist. Didn't Peter already fail in Lincoln? If husker talk fails in Lincoln how can it make it anywhere else?Greg S wrote:Lincoln guy? Where did you see this?
Greg
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
Another boring Jay-sker jock sniffing homer? Another "sports expert" who can't tell you anything about any other team and knows nothing about any sport but football and basketball? Praise God for Sirius XM.
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
WOnder if there is any change they are going to partner on a Morning show with the Lincoln station that they share space with on Huskermax and broacast one show in both markets.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Home Owners Association
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:13 am
It would be awesome if a person would come to the market and not have a side and would question all the local teams equally without kissing any butts. Can't be that hard to find can it? Wouldn't their ratings go through the roof challenging CU, NU, UNO, Stormchasers and all that makes our local sports scene so great? Oh never mind back to Dave Weber, Rossi, and Severe.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
It occcurred to me a week or so ago, that I have not listened to USC or the sports stations in town for 3 months. I haven't missed it. Doesn't sound like I will have a reason to miss it in the future. 
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1321
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
And now it's all jumbled up at 1620. Matt Schick will not take over Unsportsmanlike Conduct after all; he's leaving to join ESPNU.
Instead, John Bishop is leaving KLIN-1400 AM to be Mike'l Severe's co-host on 1620.
1620 also announced the new morning co-host, and it'll be Gary Sharp, who was one of the casualties of the Steve Pederson reign of terror. He'll join Jason Peter on a new morning show that, best of all, starts at 7 am during drive-time.
Instead, John Bishop is leaving KLIN-1400 AM to be Mike'l Severe's co-host on 1620.
1620 also announced the new morning co-host, and it'll be Gary Sharp, who was one of the casualties of the Steve Pederson reign of terror. He'll join Jason Peter on a new morning show that, best of all, starts at 7 am during drive-time.
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
We'll see how long I can tolerate listening to Jason Peter.
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
I had hoped that it was going to be Gary Sharp. Well rounded. Will be able to talk about any of the major sports. Not just football and basketball. Strong in hockey and baseball as well.
Greg
Greg
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Gary Sharp got booted from Husker Sports Nightly for being too critical.....blueblood wrote:It would be awesome if a person would come to the market and not have a side and would question all the local teams equally without kissing any butts. Can't be that hard to find can it? Wouldn't their ratings go through the roof challenging CU, NU, UNO, Stormchasers and all that makes our local sports scene so great? Oh never mind back to Dave Weber, Rossi, and Severe.
Can't wait to have him back. Huge addition for 1620.
Greg
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Setting the lose of Kevin aside this is a upgrade in all aspects with the Jury out on Jason. I think Gary will keep him in check and keep the AM show balanced and not all Husker football.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
I don't see any upgrades.nebugeater wrote:Setting the lose of Kevin aside this is a upgrade in all aspects with the Jury out on Jason. I think Gary will keep him in check and keep the AM show balanced and not all Husker football.
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
I'm not a fan of the current morning show, so I definitely think Gary Sharp is a major upgrade there. Not sure on Jason Peter though. He can't be worse the Bahe though to me.
Greg
Greg