No, not more news on Eppley, but on the next largest airport in the metro...
C.B. Airport Expansion
IIRC, this runway project will have an 80,000 lb payload, which I believe would handle the Canadair and Embraer regional jets, but the length at 5500 ft would eliminate some of the larger models. Hopefully, we'll see some carriers expand regional service with completion of this runway project - it'll be less than a 15-minute limo ride to downtown.
Airport plans fly smoothly
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:39 pm
- Location: Council Bluffs
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
- Location: West Omaha
Airport plans fly smoothly
$20 million in improvements... that's quite a chunk of change for the metros largest dedicated general aviation airport.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106387
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Airport plans fly smoothly
Hey and why not?! I'd do my best to corner the market on general aviation and private business jets in the metro and leave the commercial to Eppley.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 11:55 am
- Location: Omaha
Airport plans fly smoothly
Boy am I embarrassed! I had no clue CB had an airport! Where is it located?
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106387
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Airport plans fly smoothly
As the crow flies, straight east of the 480 bridge about 5, 6 miles. A bit SE of IWCC.
-
zedmib
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:50 pm
Airport plans fly smoothly
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.25855 ... &t=k&hl=en
CB airport. (I hope the links work!)
Wider view CB airport at lower right.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.32370 ... &t=k&hl=en
It will be good to have CB as a GA and corporate reliever to Eppley since Millard restricts jets due to limited runway length and plattsmouthis farther from DTO. I'm not sure that most CB residents would be thrilled to be "book ended" by two commercial airports if CB builds a new terminal and allows regional jet service.
CB airport. (I hope the links work!)
Wider view CB airport at lower right.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.32370 ... &t=k&hl=en
It will be good to have CB as a GA and corporate reliever to Eppley since Millard restricts jets due to limited runway length and plattsmouthis farther from DTO. I'm not sure that most CB residents would be thrilled to be "book ended" by two commercial airports if CB builds a new terminal and allows regional jet service.
To Growth! When do we get a Supertall!
Zed
Zed
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:39 pm
- Location: Council Bluffs
Airport plans fly smoothly
Good point on the "book ended" comment.
My mistake on the load limit for the new runway extension. After perusing the airport website, it looks like only 60,000 lb. payload and about a 50-ft wingspan for the new runway, so no regional jet looks to be in the near future. Some pretty good info on this website for those aviationally-inclined:
CB Airport Authority
My mistake on the load limit for the new runway extension. After perusing the airport website, it looks like only 60,000 lb. payload and about a 50-ft wingspan for the new runway, so no regional jet looks to be in the near future. Some pretty good info on this website for those aviationally-inclined:
CB Airport Authority
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Airport plans fly smoothly
That's great.
I think CB could really find their niche as the Metro's regional hub.
I think CB could really find their niche as the Metro's regional hub.