Cable TV Shows
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Cable TV Shows
Full disclosure, I really don't watch tv unless its sports and did not grow up with or have cable until recently. With that said, I have become addicted to Storage Wars and have found out they have these storage auctions in Omaha. Anybody else watch this show or participate in these auctions?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Cable TV Shows
The guy that sat next to me at work has a friend that owns a storage place. He said they hate it because people call all the time asking when they have auctions. I guess it went from a dozen people at each auction to 50 or more.
I watch it too. In fact, its on right now.
I watch it too. In fact, its on right now.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
bigredmed
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1897
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Cable TV Shows
My sons have at various times worked for the auctioneer that handles these. Some times there are valuables, most of the time not. They used to laugh about stuff appearing in one locker in the spring only to be auctioned off in some other unit later.
Check out the youtube videos on how this show appears to be staged.
Check out the youtube videos on how this show appears to be staged.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Cable TV Shows
I know a guy who goes to these auctions regularly, and regularly is a buyer. He is also a regular at the casinos. He claims it's all been cr-ap that he's ever purchased, but being a compulsive gambler, he goes back for more.
And yeah, I love that show, too. Even though I've been hearing that they are placing "token items" in units, as if the show already wasn't good enough in the first couple seasons.
And yeah, I love that show, too. Even though I've been hearing that they are placing "token items" in units, as if the show already wasn't good enough in the first couple seasons.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Cable TV Shows
It has been years nice I was at a storage auction but the it was they went through and auction off the stuff ou could see and then maybe sell a closed box and you took what bought form old clothes to Tupperware to scratched up pots and pans. I have never seen the show as I don't have a cable but have also heard the auctions bring in a lot more people, because of the show and a lot of times they won't open the locker so you are totally buying sight unseen.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Cable TV Shows
You mean you're not hooked on Survivor?Brad wrote:CBS is showing some Survivor reunion
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Cable TV Shows
Heck no. Cops, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Gold Rush, American Restoration, Storage Wars, This old House, Holmes on Homes, Holmes Inspection.Omababe wrote:You mean you're not hooked on Survivor?Brad wrote:CBS is showing some Survivor reunion![]()

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Cable TV Shows
I loved storage wars, but I guess it's fake.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Cable TV Shows
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv ... 6219.storyS33 wrote:I loved storage wars, but I guess it's fake.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Cable TV Shows
Even if it is fake I still hate Dave Hester.Brad wrote:http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv ... 6219.storyS33 wrote:I loved storage wars, but I guess it's fake.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Cable TV Shows
Yuuuup, Me too.Linkin5 wrote:Even if it is fake I still hate Dave Hester.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Cable TV Shows
Darrell Sheets is the one I don't like. He's seems like a total creep.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Cable TV Shows
They all seem like creeps.S33 wrote:Darrell Sheets is the one I don't like. He's seems like a total creep.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Cable TV Shows
Pretty much. I do love how Darrell says "a five hundred dollar bill all day long" even if it is a piece of |expletive|.Brad wrote:They all seem like creeps.S33 wrote:Darrell Sheets is the one I don't like. He's seems like a total creep.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Cable TV Shows
Brandi doesn't creep me out.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Cable TV Shows
There's a dark comedy on Showtime called "Reality Show." Basically a washed up reality show producer trying to get back in the game creates a show where they film a family without their knowledge or consent. The family ends up being squeaky clean, so the producer has to introduce situations and people to create drama.S33 wrote:I loved storage wars, but I guess it's fake.
Not Safe For Work Language in the trailer. The show is also very R rated, so don't watch it around kids.
[youtube][/youtube]
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Cable TV Shows
I'm not really a Pawn Stars fan at all, but I love antiques and ephemera, so I'll watch it on occasion when nothing else is on. I think I can count on one hand the times I've been in a pawn shop in my life, with fingers left over.Pawn Stars
However, on a recent trip I did drop in to the shop, just to see what it was like and to say I've been there ...
None of the "stars" were there. Contrary to reports, there was no line to get in.
Of the stuff there that I knew the prices of, the items were WAAaaaaayyy overpriced! Yeah, I know you're supposed to bargain with them, but still!


The bottom one was a "hail mary", camera over the heads of the crowd.
Much of the floor space was taken up with Pawn Stars paraphernalia, t-shirts and such.
Oh well ...
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Cable TV Shows
i'd watch that!jessep28 wrote:There's a dark comedy on Showtime called "Reality Show." Basically a washed up reality show producer trying to get back in the game creates a show where they film a family without their knowledge or consent. The family ends up being squeaky clean, so the producer has to introduce situations and people to create drama.S33 wrote:I loved storage wars, but I guess it's fake.
Not Safe For Work Language in the trailer. The show is also very R rated, so don't watch it around kids.
[youtube][/youtube]
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Cable TV Shows
I wonder how much of Pawn Stars is fake? Like last night and the Secret Santa?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110949
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Cable TV Shows
Brad wrote:I wonder how much of Pawn Stars is fake? Like last night and the Secret Santa?
98.5 %
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Cable TV Shows
I didn't see last night.nebugeater wrote:Brad wrote:I wonder how much of Pawn Stars is fake? Like last night and the Secret Santa?
98.5 %
What I kinda wondered about was that in many cases, the head guy knows exactly every detail about the most obscure, item, like exactly what it is, how old it is, how much it will sell for, how long it will take to sell it, all of that.
Then on items that are more common, or those I would think he should know, he has to bring in the "expert", which actually is one of the more interesting parts of the show.
The characters are also very well developed. I know there's a lot of coaching going on.
And, I'm very sure that the one guy is not as much of a doofus as he puts on.
-
bigredmed
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1897
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Cable TV Shows
Ever notice that the "experts" almost never quote a price higher than the person asks for? And how some of these "experts" seem to disappear and be replaced by a different one?
The Chumlee character drives a Masaratti in real life. Not bad for counter help at a pawn shop.
Ever watch "Hardcore Pawn"? That is a total freak show. If it came out that is was secretly produced by the Klan or the Aryan Brotherhood, I would believe it.
Every show is a study in people acting out disparaging racial stereotypes. Covetous Jews, Loud mouth JAP's, idiot white trash, lazy blacks. I watched that show and was stunned.
The Chumlee character drives a Masaratti in real life. Not bad for counter help at a pawn shop.
Ever watch "Hardcore Pawn"? That is a total freak show. If it came out that is was secretly produced by the Klan or the Aryan Brotherhood, I would believe it.
Every show is a study in people acting out disparaging racial stereotypes. Covetous Jews, Loud mouth JAP's, idiot white trash, lazy blacks. I watched that show and was stunned.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Cable TV Shows
One remarkable moment I remember, and it may have happened more than once but I don't watch that often, is when some lady brought something in and the main guy asked what she wanted for it and he said that it was worth more and offered her more! Really, it happened!bigredmed wrote:Ever notice that the "experts" almost never quote a price higher than the person asks for?
The only "expert" I really recognize is the guy with the hat who evaluates historical items.And how some of these "experts" seem to disappear and be replaced by a different one?
And I bet he got it from the shop. "Uh, ya wanna pawn it or sell it?" I really think he's a lot sharper than the character he plays on the show. Merchants like that have to be shrewd and streetwise!The Chumlee character drives a Masaratti in real life. Not bad for counter help at a pawn shop.
Never seen it.Ever watch "Hardcore Pawn"?
Haven't heard that expression in a while, fortunately.Loud mouth JAP
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Cable TV Shows
While funny, I think this episode of Duck Dynasty is fake. No way this group went to a team building retreat on their own.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Candleshoe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 916
- Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:30 pm
- Location: Hutchinson, KS
Cable TV Shows
"Pawnstars" is indeed largely staged and it's intentional. The program was conceived by Rick Harrison, the bald guy. The idea is to do a sort of "Antiques Road show" program, focusing on historical and oddball types of items that real people come up with, all in a pawnshop setting. That's why it's on the History Channel. Many of the citizens who are seeking to pawn or sell these items are actually merchants themselves, who bring representative items from their own niche business.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Cable TV Shows
[youtube][/youtube]Candleshoe wrote:"Pawnstars" is indeed largely staged and it's intentional. The program was conceived by Rick Harrison, the bald guy. The idea is to do a sort of "Antiques Road show" program, focusing on historical and oddball types of items that real people come up with, all in a pawnshop setting. That's why it's on the History Channel. Many of the citizens who are seeking to pawn or sell these items are actually merchants themselves, who bring representative items from their own niche business.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Cable TV Shows
Recently seen on Pawn Stars:
Pawn Stars: Jimi Hendrix's HOLY GRAIL of Guitars (Season 9)
When a Jimi Hendrix guitar makes its way to the Pawn Shop, Rick can't resist! When an expert comes in to authenticate the instrument, will Rick make the purchase? Find out in this clip from Season 9, "Purple Haze."
Pawn Stars: Jimi Hendrix's HOLY GRAIL of Guitars (Season 9)
When a Jimi Hendrix guitar makes its way to the Pawn Shop, Rick can't resist! When an expert comes in to authenticate the instrument, will Rick make the purchase? Find out in this clip from Season 9, "Purple Haze."