Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
A woman I work with at Banana Republic, who is from a prominent French family living in Omaha, said she has had several meetings with Mayor Fahey and other French representatives to discuss a new sister city arrangement between Omaha and a French city. She would not tell me the name of the city in question saying, "it hasn't been announced yet."
So keep an eye out for this in the news.
So keep an eye out for this in the news.
Last edited by StreetsOfOmaha on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
Nice!
Do you speak French now?
Do you speak French now?
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
Well, I'm getting better. I leave for Quebec City in a couple weeks to study French for about five weeks there. Then I'll come back and continue to study it at UNO.
Hey, I got your message Bob. Hope everything is going well in San Francisco. I'll try to give you a call one of these days.
Very cool.
Hey, I got your message Bob. Hope everything is going well in San Francisco. I'll try to give you a call one of these days.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
I guess no one else cares, or understands French enough to click the thread title.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
I thnk it's good news!..
Building relationships even internationally with cities and giving them exposure to the greatness that is Omaha is always a plus..
Lets hope this shakes out
..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Building relationships even internationally with cities and giving them exposure to the greatness that is Omaha is always a plus..
Lets hope this shakes out
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
DMRyan
- Human Relations
- Posts: 644
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:07 pm
- Location: Des Moines, IA
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
Put me in both of these categories.I guess no one else cares, or understands French enough to click the thread title.
Besides, who cares about those Peugeot driving, latte-sipping, American hating traitor wussies anyway? I take my Freedom Fries with lots of salt, and the only wine I drink doesn't come from France--it comes out of a box.
DesMoines Forum: https://urbandsm.com/forum/
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
Nice, Ryan
. And so true.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
Nevermind the fact that the French funded the American Revolution, and then mostly excused all financial responsibilites thereafter.
This is my Freedom Smiley ;)
-Big E
This is my Freedom Smiley ;)
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
And they gave us the Statue of Liberty. They can take back their fur-pitted women though. Where's that puke emoticon when you need it.
DTO
-
omahastylee459
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:48 pm
- Location: Nashua, NH
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
Actually, they do shave and shower, most of the stories you hear about the french arent true. We never ran into a single rude french person when we were there either.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
French don't drink LATTES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DRINK CAFE AU LAITS!!!!!!!!!GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
DMRyan
- Human Relations
- Posts: 644
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:07 pm
- Location: Des Moines, IA
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
It doesn't matter. If Ford ain't built it, it ain't worth driving. If you can't kill it with your bare hands, it ain't worth eatin', and if you can't pernounce one of them ol' girly french sounding drink names, it ain't worth drinking.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got me some deer and trout to gut over in Council Bluffs.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got me some deer and trout to gut over in Council Bluffs.
DesMoines Forum: https://urbandsm.com/forum/
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
THEY TOOK OUR JOBBBBBS!!!!
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
DTO
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Une nouvelle ville-soeur pour l'Omaha?
Au lait...sounds like what you say to a bull (ole!).