Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSED
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSED
143rd and Fort. NE Corner. Went there Friday Night. It had been open a week. Very good Chicago style pizza. It's Giordano's recipe. Not quite as thick but I really enjoyed it. Whenever I go to Chicago, Giordano's and Lou Malnatti's are my two pizza stops. Pizzeria Davlo will not replace those two but it can definitely tide me over between trips.
Greg
http://www.pizzeriadavlo.com
https://www.facebook.com/pizzeriadavlo
Greg
http://www.pizzeriadavlo.com
https://www.facebook.com/pizzeriadavlo
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
Looks very good, I might have to try it, I have been craving a great deep dish pizza since I was last at Gino's East in Chicago over 2 yrs ago.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
Giordano's has to be my fave in Chicago. Gino's and Malnati's (only one "t") are great too.
Another one a bunch of us discovered last fall was Leona's on Sheffield.
Another one a bunch of us discovered last fall was Leona's on Sheffield.
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
How does it compare to Pudgy's and Uno? I haven't been to a "real" Chicago pizzaria, but what I've have seen is so far superior to that thing they call New York style.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
HskrFanMike wrote:How does it compare to Pudgy's and Uno? I haven't been to a "real" Chicago pizzaria, but what I've have seen is so far superior to that thing they call New York style.
I've actually never been to Pudgy's. I like Giordano's and Lou's better than Uno, and it's very similar but just not quite as thick as Giordano's.
Greg
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
One more thing. It might be the worst lit parking lot for a strip center in Omaha.
Greg
Greg
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
How crowded does this place get on the weekends?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
We got there last night about 6:30pm an it was almost full. Never saw it get completely full, but it did stay steady for a while.Brad wrote:How crowded does this place get on the weekends?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
The large Chicago Style meat Pizza:



Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
-
swgiust
- Library Board
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
They really need to open for lunch on the weekends. I have wanted to try this place since it opened.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
Thanks for the photo, now when I head up that way to try it, I at least know what it looks like. And I love Brad's picture too, that pizza makes me want to try it right now.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
Between the OWH article a few weeks ago and word of mouth, this place is picking up steam. My friend went Saturday night at it was packed. He said a good tip, if you're going Chicago Style, order as soon as you sit down, as it does take about 40 minutes.
I agree, they should be open for lunch on weekends.
Greg
I agree, they should be open for lunch on weekends.
Greg
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
Can you call ahead to place the order for dine in? I know on their website, it states that carryout orders are not available when they are busy, but I am wondering if we called ahead to place the order to eat in. We have a new baby and I am not sure if sitting for 45 min for the pizza to cook will work right now, but I really want to try this place.Greg S wrote:Between the OWH article a few weeks ago and word of mouth, this place is picking up steam. My friend went Saturday night at it was packed. He said a good tip, if you're going Chicago Style, order as soon as you sit down, as it does take about 40 minutes.
I agree, they should be open for lunch on weekends.
Greg
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
Greg[/quote]
Can you call ahead to place the order for dine in? I know on their website, it states that carryout orders are not available when they are busy, but I am wondering if we called ahead to place the order to eat in. We have a new baby and I am not sure if sitting for 45 min for the pizza to cook will work right now, but I really want to try this place.[/quote]
When I ate there I asked that question and they said you could BUT depending on how busy they were they possibly couldn't guarantee you a table.
Can you call ahead to place the order for dine in? I know on their website, it states that carryout orders are not available when they are busy, but I am wondering if we called ahead to place the order to eat in. We have a new baby and I am not sure if sitting for 45 min for the pizza to cook will work right now, but I really want to try this place.[/quote]
When I ate there I asked that question and they said you could BUT depending on how busy they were they possibly couldn't guarantee you a table.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
I was thinking that would probably be the case. Is there a time where it might be easier to do take out? Maybe a time where they aren't busy yet and will take a to go order.Uffda wrote: When I ate there I asked that question and they said you could BUT depending on how busy they were they possibly couldn't guarantee you a table.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
I had some friends eat there Saturday night. The people next to them ordered while they were waiting for a table (wait time was 20 minutes), so once the other crew sat down, they had their pizza in 20.
Greg
Greg
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
Still haven't been here yet, but I was just checking their website and they are now open for lunch on Saturdays at 11 AM.
-
bigredmed
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1897
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
We tried it and it just isn't for us. Deep dish was really just regular crust folded into a deep dish pan. Marginal flavor. For thick crust fans, Orsi's is much better. Pizza King in CB is way more flavorful, but on a thin crust.
-
TLGJames
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Pizzeria Davlo
Davlo's is great. Had Lou Mahantti's right afterwards, and it tasted the same.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
Tried Davlo's for the first time tonight. My wife and I both loved it. We called ahead and had them bake the pizza. It was nice so we didn't have to wait once we got there. They even called us once it was done to let us know. The restaurant wasn't too busy for a Saturday night, it was about half full. We will definitely go back sometime but since we live in Bellevue, it is quite a drive from our home.
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
Tried Davlo over the summer and thought it was good, though the toppings were a little light. Finally got back to Pudgy's a couple of weeks ago, and my vote goes to Pudgy's. The ambiance of Davlo is much better though.
It was actually my second visit to Pudgy's though. The first was a day or two after the report came out that business was way down because some people thought the place closed after Pudgy passed away last year. So we stopped there on Saturday night and --- they were so swamped that they had run out of cheese! Apparently they didn't anticipate the rush of business. So we ended getting Mama's instead that night.
It was actually my second visit to Pudgy's though. The first was a day or two after the report came out that business was way down because some people thought the place closed after Pudgy passed away last year. So we stopped there on Saturday night and --- they were so swamped that they had run out of cheese! Apparently they didn't anticipate the rush of business. So we ended getting Mama's instead that night.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
Omaha Cowboy, here is the thread for Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
I had Pizzeria Davlo tonight- got a Chicago Deep dish called the “Meat Eater”. Once you try Davlo’s, anyone who yearns for Giordano’s will not think about that place anymore..Brad wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:23 pm Omaha Cowboy, here is the thread for Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
Pizzeria Davlo is excellent and better imo…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
MadJack
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:46 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
Agreed! It's a great place.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:36 pmI had Pizzeria Davlo tonight- got a Chicago Deep dish called the “Meat Eater”. Once you try Davlo’s, anyone who yearns for Giordano’s will not think about that place anymore..Brad wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:23 pm Omaha Cowboy, here is the thread for Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort)
Pizzeria Davlo is excellent and better imo…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
-
BIGO88
- Library Board
- Posts: 467
- Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
They announced that they will be closing.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
Only been there once but it was great, sad to see.
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
This is really disappointing. I was only there a few times, as I live in Bellevue, but I always enjoyed the chicago style deep dish.
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
I am really bummed about this. A top ten Omaha restaurant for me.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
It's been on my list of places to try. Sort of a "if we're ever in this part of town at dinner time..." Unfortunately, we are never in that part of town.
Last edited by ChadJK on Thu Nov 20, 2025 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
Really hate to see this. I thought they were doing OK. Seemed like when we went there it always had a good crowd. I wonder if having the other main Chicago Style pizza place in the entire metro so close (Rosati's at 144th and Maple) hit them. Rosati's is a chain from Chicago. I actually liked Davlo better.
Greg
Greg
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2333
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
I had been there a couple times, once this year. It wasn’t crowded the day I was there. Thought the pizza was pretty good if you wanted Chicago style deep dish.
-
Stan
- Library Board
- Posts: 461
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
My personal rank of pizza types would put Chicago deep dish as one of my least favorite pizza types so I don't go out of my way for it anywhere. Tavern style all day long. Still, I hate to see local places close like this.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
I would never turn down the opportunity to feast on deep dish pizza. Too many great memories of dining at Gino’s East and Pizzeria Uno in Chicago in years past. But two pieces will fill almost anyone up, and the wait is typically 45 minutes after your order is placed.
But our go-to pizza places now feature moderately thin crust NY style pizza, where the toppings, not the crust, are the stars of the show.
But our go-to pizza places now feature moderately thin crust NY style pizza, where the toppings, not the crust, are the stars of the show.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
It seems lately that the standard retort from Chicagoans when Deep Dish pizza is being insulted is to reply that Chicagoans mostly eat Tavern Style and Deep Dish is for the tourists. There was a time when Chicagoans would adamantly defend their beloved Deep Dish and they all had strong opinions on which one they most loved. Now, it seems like they're deserting Deep Dish in increasing numbers and gaslighting us all into thinking they never liked it. lol
I've only had Deep Dish twice. The first time was at Savastano's in Tulsa (of all places). The owner was a Chicago transplant. I remember liking it but preferring a more standard pizza. The second time was at Lou Malnati's in Chicago and I didn't care much for it. The crust was probably the worst part. I'm certainly no Deep Dish expert, but I just prefer NY style. I did have Pizzeria Davlo on my list of places to try, but I never made it there.
I've only had Deep Dish twice. The first time was at Savastano's in Tulsa (of all places). The owner was a Chicago transplant. I remember liking it but preferring a more standard pizza. The second time was at Lou Malnati's in Chicago and I didn't care much for it. The crust was probably the worst part. I'm certainly no Deep Dish expert, but I just prefer NY style. I did have Pizzeria Davlo on my list of places to try, but I never made it there.
-
Stan
- Library Board
- Posts: 461
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
I'd rather take a italian beef sandwich or a chicago dog over a slice of deep dish any day of the week. Pizzeria Uno(OG location) was my introduction to deep dish and it was good, but not something I've desired. Traditional NY style is my favorite as well followed by Connecticut and Detroit.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11632
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
I would rather take deep dish any and all day....I never understand why people pay for hot dogs (or chicago dogs). Every time I see the prices I just laugh bc it is just a glorified hot dog.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Pizzeria Davlo (NEC 144th & Fort) - CLOSING
Connecticut style pizza? I’ve never heard of it..Stan wrote: Wed Nov 26, 2025 9:07 am Traditional NY style is my favorite as well followed by Connecticut and Detroit.
What style type of pizza is that?…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!

