A friend suggested that I look up online forums and bam, I found this one.
I'd also like to get to know more folks here and find more friends in the area.
I've been thinking about applying online to jobs in the Omaha area from here, saying that I'm more than willing to relocate at my own expense, but my guy says it's more difficult to do that since locals are often more preferred. So he says that the best thing for me to do is just move here right away. Just do it, Nike style.
But I know that living in SoCal isn't sustainable in the long run.
I figured it would be easier to ask the locals directly about jobs. Any local job boards that you recommend? Temp agencies? I'm looking into the entertainment (venues for music, theater, etc.) and the pet industries (retail, pet care, animal hospital, shelter, etc.). Does anyone know organizations, businesses, etc. in those industries? They'll have to be reasonably close to where I'll be living since I won't have a car there.
Last but not least, any other Omaha online boards/communities you can recommend (forums, IRC channels, etc.)?
Any advice, tips, etc., would be really appreciated! Thanks and happy weekend, everyone!
