Thank you....after looking at the picture more closely, I didn't think it was CB so I started to look it and tried researching some of the businesses. All I could come up with was Detroit, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
I have a feeling I know where some of those photos came from.
I'll check the source of the one from "Detroit" as it was given to me in good faith as a photo of Broadway in CB. If it's indeed Detroit I'll remove it.
Omababe wrote:I have a feeling I know where some of those photos came from.
I'll check the source of the one from "Detroit" as it was given to me in good faith as a photo of Broadway in CB. If it's indeed Detroit I'll remove it.
After clicking on the link provided by titosburitobarn, it definitely is Detroit.
If you click on the picture in the link I posted, which is a bigger version of yours, it increases the size. If you look at the bottom of the Hudson's sign it reads "Grows with Detroit." Below that is a sign that reads "Detroit Creamery Milk." In the very middle is the "Detroit Opera House." On the bottom right it reads "Detroit Publishing Co."
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
My parents told me about going to the Strand when they were kids.
It is amazing the architecture and craftsmanship that has come and gone. Twenty five years from now everything is going to built out of Pre-fab walls that have been built on 3D printers with plumbing, ventilation, windows and electrical built in. Construction will be about as complex as building with legos. I can only imagine the designs that will come from lowest possible cost building.
Joe_Sovereign wrote: Twenty five years from now everything is going to built out of Pre-fab walls that have been built on 3D printers with plumbing, ventilation, windows and electrical built in. Construction will be about as complex as building with legos. I can only imagine the designs that will come from lowest possible cost building.
That's not entirely true...technology can help make some incredibly complex structures possible too.....