The Bride
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looks like the steel is almost all up.ItsAllAboutMe wrote:Steel is going up!
Pictures!!iamjacobm wrote:Looks like the steel is almost all up.ItsAllAboutMe wrote:Steel is going up!
TomorrowShaneofCal wrote:Pictures!!iamjacobm wrote:Looks like the steel is almost all up.ItsAllAboutMe wrote:Steel is going up!
1.


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
1.


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Southeast corner of that property: https://thekaneko.org/discover/collecti ... -campaign/
Oh, very cool!Lillian Bean wrote: ↑Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 pmSoutheast corner of that property: https://thekaneko.org/discover/collecti ... -campaign/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaneko exhibit celebrates sculpture artists;
featured piece soon moves to Gene Leahy Mall
The exhibit highlights the creative process of sculptors from first drafts to final products, with pieces of all shapes and sizes.
Maybe Ellsworth Kelly was on to something. A course in art history: Renaissance to the present day can be enlightening too.OmahaOmaha wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:42 pm The featured piece being moved to Gene Leahy Mall isn’t all that impressive, but at least it’s not one of those big ugly ceramic heads they’re putting out there. Besides their massive size, I think most 2nd graders could make those. Maybe I’m just not cultured enough and don’t understand the art world. I recently visited the High Museum of Art in Atlanta and saw Ellsworth Kelly’s “Blue, Green, Red”. People were standing there oooing and ahing over it. Why? I know 2nd graders could duplicate most Ellsworth Kelly creations.
I think you have the opposite "problem." You DO understand art.OmahaOmaha wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:42 pm The featured piece being moved to Gene Leahy Mall isn’t all that impressive, but at least it’s not one of those big ugly ceramic heads they’re putting out there. Besides their massive size, I think most 2nd graders could make those. Maybe I’m just not cultured enough and don’t understand the art world. I recently visited the High Museum of Art in Atlanta and saw Ellsworth Kelly’s “Blue, Green, Red”. People were standing there oooing and ahing over it. Why? I know 2nd graders could duplicate most Ellsworth Kelly creations.
That piece going in the Gene Leahy mall is decoration. (It's debatable whether it achieves that purpose. But still debatable.) But it isn't art.
Art recreates reality according to the artist's value judgements.
If you see a beautiful woman with a blemish on her cheek, you'd think nothing of it. She's still a beautiful woman. But if an artist paints a beautiful woman with a blemish, s/he is saying something by doing so. The message might be "everyone is flawed" or "there are no ideals" or something else along those lines. (I would disagree with the message, but there would be a message, values, and a recreation of reality that reflects those values.)
This metal object might look nice to some people. But it says nothing. It reflects no values - good or bad. It recreates nothing to express those values. It isn't art.
...and then they were gone.
Comparing a painting of a beautiful women to a sculpture is like dancing about architecture. Fortunately, for those who don't care for it , it will only be there for 3 years. Then you can complain about the next piece to take it's place.legato9 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:19 pmI think you have the opposite "problem." You DO understand art.OmahaOmaha wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:42 pm The featured piece being moved to Gene Leahy Mall isn’t all that impressive, but at least it’s not one of those big ugly ceramic heads they’re putting out there. Besides their massive size, I think most 2nd graders could make those. Maybe I’m just not cultured enough and don’t understand the art world. I recently visited the High Museum of Art in Atlanta and saw Ellsworth Kelly’s “Blue, Green, Red”. People were standing there oooing and ahing over it. Why? I know 2nd graders could duplicate most Ellsworth Kelly creations.
That piece going in the Gene Leahy mall is decoration. (It's debatable whether it achieves that purpose. But still debatable.) But it isn't art.
Art recreates reality according to the artist's value judgements.
If you see a beautiful woman with a blemish on her cheek, you'd think nothing of it. She's still a beautiful woman. But if an artist paints a beautiful woman with a blemish, s/he is saying something by doing so. The message might be "everyone is flawed" or "there are no ideals" or something else along those lines. (I would disagree with the message, but there would be a message, values, and a recreation of reality that reflects those values.)
This metal object might look nice to some people. But it says nothing. It reflects no values - good or bad. It recreates nothing to express those values. It isn't art.
Last edited by ItsAllAboutMe on Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://americanart.si.edu/artist/james-surls-4714
https://jamessurls.com







