User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
After Urban Village bought this from Dial, I think this went through a few revisions. I can't say where I heard this, but I know that they were looking at what city views would look like from different elevations/floors, and if you look this elevation, you would presume they were looking at a building with a little height.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
I also presume that looking at how they are digging below street elevation, that there will be parking below ground level. but where the retail goes...?
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
Coyote wrote:After Urban Village bought this from Dial, I think this went through a few revisions. I can't say where I heard this, but I know that they were looking at what city views would look like from different elevations/floors, and if you look this elevation, you would presume they were looking at a building with a little height.
This is Omaha so probably 4 or 5.
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
This things a big old hole now.
15-17, 26, 32
yard salad
Home Owners Association
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:01 am
Location: midtown
yard salad
Home Owners Association
looks like they might be done with grading and excavation. two big drilling rigs (i dont know what else they'd be called) were on site this morning, and surveyors have been busy for a few days.
User avatar
Seth
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood
User avatar
Seth
Parks & Recreation
Yeah, they've really been working on this the last couple weeks. I haven't looked closely, but I'd guess they're installing augercast piles. That's a sign of a pretty large structure, since a smaller one would use cheaper shallow foundations.
yard salad
Home Owners Association
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:01 am
Location: midtown
yard salad
Home Owners Association
Even if it's only going to be a few stories high, this is a really large area and this complex will really change this area.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
I was told that right now they're putting in a hundred or so aggregate piers. They say it will be about a two week process. I should have a pic soon...
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
yard salad wrote:Even if it's only going to be a few stories high, this is a really large area and this complex will really change this area.
Even so I hope it's at least! three floors preferably 5-6.
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
This whole area really is neat, and I like seeing all this development going on. I wouldn't mind living in that area. As much as I'm a fan of perfect grids, I do like when a street sometimes takes a sudden diagonal course off the grid, and creates spaces for unique-shaped buildings -- like the Flatiron Hotel downtown, which has a triangular shape due to the street's veer off the traditional grid.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
yard salad
Home Owners Association
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:01 am
Location: midtown
yard salad
Home Owners Association
RockHarbor wrote:This whole area really is neat, and I like seeing all this development going on. I wouldn't mind living in that area. As much as I'm a fan of perfect grids, I do like when a street sometimes takes a sudden diagonal course off the grid, and creates spaces for unique-shaped buildings -- like the Flatiron Hotel downtown, which has a triangular shape due to the street's veer off the traditional grid.
There's a triangular building across the street from this development that is occupied but the frontage is pretty bare. Maybe it won't feel so lonely once other non-rectangular buildings pop up.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
image.jpeg
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Yard Salad: I know what mean. Some places can feel lonely... But, boy...those historic residential buildings they redid (seen in Coyote's pics -- thanks for those!) are gorgeous, aren't they? I just love this area coming together. It's such a neat little pocket, not far from downtown.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
I drove by the site this afternoon. This project is going to look pretty darn terrific once completed...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Let me guess: HDR had no part of this project. Because it's actually moving forward.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11630
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
:lol:
nativeomahan wrote:Let me guess: HDR had no part of this project. Because it's actually moving forward.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11630
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Great picture by the way Coyote...did you climb a tree to get that?
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Athomsfere
Planning Board
nativeomahan wrote:Let me guess: HDR had no part of this project. Because it's actually moving forward.
:shock:

How long will HDR have to feel these burns!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
nativeomahan wrote:Let me guess: HDR had no part of this project. Because it's actually moving forward.
:music: I'm glad I wasn't holding a cup of coffee when I read this, or I'm certain I would have scalded myself, LOL...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
daveoma
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1213
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm
daveoma
Parks & Recreation
RockHarbor wrote:This whole area really is neat, and I like seeing all this development going on. I wouldn't mind living in that area. As much as I'm a fan of perfect grids, I do like when a street sometimes takes a sudden diagonal course off the grid, and creates spaces for unique-shaped buildings -- like the Flatiron Hotel downtown, which has a triangular shape due to the street's veer off the traditional grid.
Totally agree! I wanna see more of these uniquely shaped buildings.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Some of the changes.

137 units down from 178
157 parking stalls down from 171
10,547 SF of retail up from 6173 SF

TIF is $2,775,000

This also looks to be 3 separate buildings rather than one.
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
Five floors?
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
4-4.5
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
How do you get 4 1/2 floors?
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
MTO wrote:How do you get 4 1/2 floors?
[youtube][/youtube]
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
MTO wrote:How do you get 4 1/2 floors?
You never saw "Being John Malkovich"?
image.jpeg
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
Actually no but that looks like some David Lynch stuff..
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
I am guessing it just means some of an underground parking facility will be above grade is all.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Athomsfere
Planning Board
iamjacobm wrote:Some of the changes.

137 units down from 178
157 parking stalls down from 171
10,547 SF of retail up from 6173 SF

TIF is $2,775,000

This also looks to be 3 separate buildings rather than one.
I'm sure we all had the internal narrative here:

137 units down from 178 - D'oh!
157 parking stalls down from 171 - Ermmm...
10,547 SF of retail up from 6173 SF - Woohoo!
yard salad
Home Owners Association
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:01 am
Location: midtown
yard salad
Home Owners Association
work is going well on these. they've been pouring concrete walls on the northeast side, maybe for the parking garage
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
Oh snap there's going to be a garage? I was hoping parking would be hidden underneath.
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board
Posts: 2191
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
User avatar
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board
Has anyone seen an updated rendering?
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
OmahaJaysCU wrote:Has anyone seen an updated rendering?
Tough to see much detail from the TIF request, but some of the renderings start on page 12.

http://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/images ... sc/684.pdf
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
iamjacobm wrote:
OmahaJaysCU wrote:Has anyone seen an updated rendering?
Tough to see much detail from the TIF request, but some of the renderings start on page 12.

http://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/images ... sc/684.pdf
So do you have a RSS feed of the TIF site or something?
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
They are linked in the City Council Agenda every week.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Photo Update:

1.
Image

2.
Image
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Concrete panels for the garage roof are going on.

Aerial Photo Update:
Image
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11630
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Looks like that is really going to fill in that space. Great addition.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Wood is going up here.
nebraska
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Downtown
nebraska
Library Board
Triangle. The SE corner is at street level, the NW corner isn't.
Triangle.jpg