MadMartin8 wrote:810 has an incredibly strong signal. I also get in a lot in my car. I can actually get it a good way towards Des Moines too, which is odd.
Weird story. I was at a KC Royals game a couple weeks ago. Voice behind me sounded familiar. I turned around, and sure enough it was Kevin Keitzman from Between The Lines. Very nice guy. Talked with him a bit and told him I listened from Omaha.
Was with his family. I believe had one of his sons from out of town. You could tell he is very very proud of all things Kansas City, including the Royals.
Listing to KFAB this morning and Jim Rose did a promo for Sports Nightly tonight after one of the sports updates. He had to stop and say, wait, we don't have that any more.
Easy to do when that is the habit but I still had to laugh that Mr perfect made a mistake.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
nebugeater wrote:Listing to KFAB this morning and Jim Rose did a promo for Sports Nightly tonight after one of the sports updates. He had to stop and say, wait, we don't have that any more.
Easy to do when that is the habit but I still had to laugh that Mr perfect made a mistake.
I just found out about 590's the Drive. Got to say that I hope that their Husker coverage doesn't damage too badly their ability to cover ANY OTHER THING. I get that the Huskers are big here, but the function of a sports talk show I most like is that they cover stuff that is on the way up. If Creighton's Vball team is on the cusp of national contendership, I want to know. When a minor team starts to be something special, that is when it is fun to get a ticket and take a fly on a game. I need these guys to be the radar of sports in the area.
Pertinent to previous topics, I too find it refreshing that they don't just argue opposites of an issue when there is clearly only one side that is rational. This season's NHL draft and trades that were compelled by the salary cap is one such recent topic. Clearly, the cap affected the trades and some teams are dumping people that they would have liked to keep, but can't.
With 590 becoming the home of the Huskers for the Omaha market it looks like the Iowa Hawkeyes have found a new home in Omaha. They are listed as being on KCRO. Both the AM and FM side of the dial. AM 660 and FM 94.5. Do these two silmulcast all,the time or is it separately programmed? Not stations I listen to. How is there coverage of the area?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
iamjacobm wrote:I didn't get to listen to it yet, but it sounds like Nick Bahe announced he has cancer on his show today. Good luck to him.
Crazy thing is how they found it. He was really dizzy went in for test and they said he had 2 strokes. When they were trying to figure out why he had the strokes, the found the tumor in his chest.
iamjacobm wrote:I didn't get to listen to it yet, but it sounds like Nick Bahe announced he has cancer on his show today. Good luck to him.
Crazy thing is how they found it. He was really dizzy went in for test and they said he had 2 strokes. When they were trying to figure out why he had the strokes, the found the tumor in his chest.
Such an evil disease. I lost my father to it.. My youngest sister battled and overcame breast cancer 2 years ago..
Let's hope that Nick will battle and overcome this as well...
Facebook friends with Nick's sister-in-law -- she just posted this ---
Thank you all for your love and support. Things took longer than we anticipated but Nick is out of surgery and getting to a room. He's doing great as is Kim. Everyone is tired but all went well. They will know more Monday about causes, what it was etc. Until then, thank you for the continued love and support.
At this point Nick has a tumor that they have to test to see if it was cancer.
Either way it is not a good situation for the new father. While I don't like how he relates everything to basketball and Creighton I still find myself entertained by his program everyday. He seems like a great friendly guy to have a few beers with I wish him the best.
Phoenix — The Milwaukee Brewers announced Friday that University of Nebraska broadcaster Lane Grindle will join their radio booth as the third voice of the club behind Bob Uecker and Jeff Levering on WTMJ-AM (620) radio broadcasts and the Brewers Radio Network.
Grindle, 34, fills the void left when Joe Block departed as Uecker's sidekick to go to the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Levering was elevated from the No. 3 spot to that position. Grindle will join Levering for road broadcasts on trips that Uecker does not make.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Nick Bahe wrote: @NickBahe
Been a wild ride but I'm happy 2 announce that test results on my tumor came back benign. Thank u so much 4 your support the past few weeks.
I was at the Husker home opener baseball game today and listing to the radio PbP too. They talked about Grindle and said that today was his first day doing anything for the Brewers. He was doing a spring training game today.
With Grindle gone Nick Handley from 590 in Omaha will be joining the PbP team for radio for the rest of the year. This was announced during the game on the radio broadcast. They stated it "for the rest of the year" enough times that it sounds to me like it is so far for the balance of this year only. He was in the booth for the later innings and will be there tomorrow and for the weekend games.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Overall I enjoy the Drive on 590. One thing though that they beat to death is the little nick names for the regular contributors. I think it's Nick that is most guilty. They do it a ton. Michael Bruntz is Bruntzie, Eric Olson is Ollie, etc. Once I noticed how often they do it, it got really annoying quick.
I'm not pleased that 590 replaced Rusillo and Kannel with yet another local show to talk Huskers all the damn time. I assume thats exactly why they did it and I know I'm in the minority but still... I also think that having listened to Severe only for about 30 minutes total now that he is not a great host. I enjoyed him with Kugler, but Kugler ran the show and that made a big difference. I much preferred the national talk to more local |expletive|.
It's weird when he does not have a guest on. Needs to interact more with his producer, like Nick Bahe does. I will listen more once football season ends. Bahe does way too much basketball for my tastes once we hit the new year.
cdub wrote:I'm not pleased that 590 replaced Rusillo and Kannel with yet another local show to talk Huskers all the darn time. I assume thats exactly why they did it and I know I'm in the minority but still... I also think that having listened to Severe only for about 30 minutes total now that he is not a great host. I enjoyed him with Kugler, but Kugler ran the show and that made a big difference. I much preferred the national talk to more local |expletive|.
Severe is just awful. Unsportsmanlike conduct upgraded big time when they lost him and added Josh Peterson.
I think 1620's USC is at it's worst right now. John Bishop tries to hard to be funny (has the fakest laugh) and Josh can be overly jovial at times. Just a weird show at times. For the first time, I actually listen to 590 in the afternoon's now. I think they have the better show.
OK, I missed this... Didn't Mike'l Severe go to an OWH podcast to start a new online type of Internet radio format, yet I hear The Bottom Line now on AM radio...? Did that experiment die?
Coyote wrote:OK, I missed this... Didn't Mike'l Severe go to an OWH podcast to start a new online type of Internet radio format, yet I hear The Bottom Line now on AM radio...? Did that experiment die?
He is still part of the OWH and streams.
It is now simelcast of 590
Here is what I guess..... This was always part of the plan but Mike'l had a non compete for a specific amount of time to be on the "radio" in the market. Once that expired it was expanded. I do believe there was a station or two that simulcast the OWH show sooner than 590 ( no idea if they still do) that happened much sooner but they were not in the Omaha market.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Coyote wrote:OK, I missed this... Didn't Mike'l Severe go to an OWH podcast to start a new online type of Internet radio format, yet I hear The Bottom Line now on AM radio...? Did that experiment die?
He is still part of the OWH and streams.
It is now simelcast of 590
Here is what I guess..... This was always part of the plan but Mike'l had a non compete for a specific amount of time to be on the "radio" in the market. Once that expired it was expanded. I do believe there was a station or two that simulcast the OWH show sooner than 590 ( no idea if they still do) that happened much sooner but they were not in the Omaha market.
That's was my guess too. Also, at first I thought they were only simulcasting part of the show, but now they are doing all 3 hours.
I have also noticed over the past few years that the media in Omaha has really "partnered up". OWH and Scripps were the final "team" to form. Seems like Clear Channel and WOWT have been together forever, then NRG and KETV got together.
Brad wrote:So during the intro for The Bottom Line, they say "online on omaha.com and now available on your favorite radio stations"
I'm guessing by the "S" on the end of stations, they are hoping to syndicate on more than just 590.
Weren't they simulcasting on a over the air station outside the Omaha market before 590? Maybe that has changed and I also may not be rembering it correctly.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Just heard from a very reliable source that Omaha NRG Media is in a bad state. No GM right now along with many of the top staffers. The President of NRG was in town last week trying to get things back on track. Anyone else know anything about this?
I listen to all Omaha sports talk radio shows all the time. I click on the station and I listen for about 5 minutes until I am good and dumbed down and then I click back to FM rock stations before my head explodes. The worst sports radio is when they get stuttering Tom Shatel from the World Herald on every Monday. Shatel should stick to the paper and even at that he should stick to the facts because his opinions are about as worthless as the Big Red Insiders Sean Callahan. I was listening to Shatel on the radio a week or so back and you could tell he is clueless about the state of the Husker football program. Shatel and Sean Callahan are frauds.
GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:27 pm
I listen to all Omaha sports talk radio shows all the time. I click on the station and I listen for about 5 minutes until I am good and dumbed down and then I click back to FM rock stations before my head explodes.
iamjacobm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:12 pm
Kugler calling the Seahawks Lions TV broadcast. His first regular season NFL television call.
I liked listening to him. Good luck. Can't say that I will be listening to this as I just can't do the NFL anymore (and really close to the exit line for college football.) Too many head injuries and too many ex-players with long term problems that were supposed to be helped by the NFL and haven't been.
Last edited by bigredmed1 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamjacobm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:12 pm
Kugler calling the Seahawks Lions TV broadcast. His first regular season NFL television call.
I liked listening to him. Good luck. Can't say that I will be listening to this as I just can't do the NFL anymore (and really close to the exit line for college football.) Too many head injuries and too few ex-players with long term problems that were supposed to be helped by the NFL and haven't been.
I could see basketball being the primary American sport in a few decades because of the head trauma issues.
iamjacobm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:12 pm
Kugler calling the Seahawks Lions TV broadcast. His first regular season NFL television call.
I liked listening to him. Good luck. Can't say that I will be listening to this as I just can't do the NFL anymore (and really close to the exit line for college football.) Too many head injuries and too few ex-players with long term problems that were supposed to be helped by the NFL and haven't been.
I could see basketball being the primary American sport in a few decades because of the head trauma issues.
I could see that. Soccer for men is full of fake injuries and for women full of real injuries. Too many girls with scrambled brains. It has to go the way of the NFL. I could also see a resurgence of baseball if MLB would ever get it's head out long enough to fix the game (shorter seasons, timers on pitchers and innings so that delay of the game was reduced would be starts.)
Joe Quinn is leaving the Omaha Sports Insider radio show in which he as hosted with Nick Handley for the past 6 years on AM590. Joe has been accepted in to Law School at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. Sounded like he wants to peruse a career in politics some day. His last day is Friday 6/28 and his replacement will be made public in mid July.
Brad wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:13 pm
Joe Quinn is leaving the Omaha Sports Insider radio show in which he as hosted with Nick Handley for the past 6 years on AM590. Joe has been accepted in to Law School at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. Sounded like he wants to peruse a career in politics some day. His last day is Friday 6/28 and his replacement will be made public in mid July.
That is too bad. I have listened to those two quite a bit over the last year after many, many years of 1620 for my drive home. Have all but given up on the 1620 afternoon show since they do not seem to talk spots any more.....
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!