That's a great thought! Hope it comes true on Friday.
Greg
That's a great thought! Hope it comes true on Friday.
You don't think they make the same mistake 1620 made and just move an intern/producer into the 2PM slot do you. I hope they get Tony Boone for that spot or maybe since the OWH is cutting staff left and right Severe takes a buy out and moves back into the afternoon spot.
I would not be surprised either way. I could see Boone going there, Severe moving to join the afternoon slot, or the producer being promoted. Hoping for Boone though.cp jay 07 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 pmYou don't think they make the same mistake 1620 made and just move an intern/producer into the 2PM slot do you. I hope they get Tony Boone for that spot or maybe since the OWH is cutting staff left and right Severe takes a buy out and moves back into the afternoon spot.

That's the rumor. Some are saying there will be an announcement as early as 7AM tomorrow (that seems a bit soon to me).
If he ends up on 1620 I bet it was the OWH ending it. I cannot imagine he didn't have a non compete agreement in place with the OWH that would keep him from moving locally without a waiting period if he left on his terms.HskrFanMike wrote: ↑Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:55 am I think ending a sports show in this market two weeks before the start of Nebraska football season is curious at best. From a station perspective, I think you'd shut it down in December (after football season) or February (after recruiting). That leads me to think the decision was Severe's , and almost certainly because he had an offer from 1620 to return.
Any idea where he is going?

Thank goodness. I will not miss him and his adding his two cents on EVERY topic. I know he's a radio host and is supposed to talk, but he's not supposed to talk over guests. Compared to Severe, Benning is tolerable.
My fear is they will give the cohost gig to Ravi Lulla....OmaJayhawk wrote: ↑Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:18 pmThank goodness. I will not miss him and his adding his two cents on EVERY topic. I know he's a radio host and is supposed to talk, but he's not supposed to talk over guests. Compared to Severe, Benning is tolerable.

Seems that way. Under shows on their website it now shows Sharp and Benning for the morning show. It still shows Gary Sharp show for the mid day show but maybe that will change for next week.
It seems like it is staying local. Josh Odson who was recently at KFAB with Chris Baker, had come over to produce Gary’s show when his producer George left. Josh Odson tweeted out that their are more lineup announcements coming in the next few days.nebugeater wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:28 pm If that is the case I wonder if they will stay local for the midday or if they will syndicate.
I absolutely agree but KFAB diehards were so upset that Baker got tossed they were non stop complaining about Bird and Odson.bigredmed1 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:01 am KFAB missed on that. After Baker got fired, they should have let Odson have the show with Bird. Funny and current interest is better than yet another political talk show.
Guess I should have wined to KFAB loud enough to balance the scales a little. My comment must have fallen on deaf ears.Greg S wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:02 pmI absolutely agree but KFAB diehards were so upset that Baker got tossed they were non stop complaining about Bird and Odson.bigredmed1 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:01 am KFAB missed on that. After Baker got fired, they should have let Odson have the show with Bird. Funny and current interest is better than yet another political talk show.
Greg


