The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
I really enjoy this one. Looks like it was just made today- has some nice views and angles..
[youtube][/youtube]
Ciao..LiO...Peace
[youtube][/youtube]
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Location: DC Metro
Nice find! There were some nice shots of areas of downtown Omaha that usually don't get attention, like the Flatiron District.
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
I have done Aerials of downtown every years since 2007 except one and I have photographed the flatiron district every time I have flown over downtown.Doctor Fate wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:06 am Nice find! There were some nice shots of areas of downtown Omaha that usually don't get attention, like the Flatiron District.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Location: DC Metro
Oh really? Pics or videos? Where can I see them?Brad wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:49 amI have done Aerials of downtown every years since 2007 except one and I have photographed the flatiron district every time I have flown over downtown.Doctor Fate wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:06 am Nice find! There were some nice shots of areas of downtown Omaha that usually don't get attention, like the Flatiron District.
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
I will need to re-post them. The links were broke when I re built my site a few years ago.Doctor Fate wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:57 amOh really? Pics or videos? Where can I see them?Brad wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:49 amI have done Aerials of downtown every years since 2007 except one and I have photographed the flatiron district every time I have flown over downtown.Doctor Fate wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:06 am Nice find! There were some nice shots of areas of downtown Omaha that usually don't get attention, like the Flatiron District.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
I completely agree and welcome to the forum
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Home Owners Association
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Downtown Omaha
Another new drone video of Omaha just premiered a couple hours ago by TAPP channel (which does great drone vids of cities across the world). I've seen a few 'newer' drone videos of Omaha premier on similar channels lately but with footage from 2019, but this video was clearly shot recently, and gives some good updates of construction downtown. The end of the video notes "up next" is "Omaha after dark" so look for another Omaha video to pop up in a few days.
Sorry I couldn't get the embed to work from my phone..
Sorry I couldn't get the embed to work from my phone..
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
I literally just watched this video on YouTube and I completely agree. It looks great and can’t wait for the “Omaha after dark” video..JDJase wrote: ↑Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:14 pm Another new drone video of Omaha just premiered a couple hours ago by TAPP channel (which does great drone vids of cities across the world). I've seen a few 'newer' drone videos of Omaha premier on similar channels lately but with footage from 2019, but this video was clearly shot recently, and gives some good updates of construction downtown. The end of the video notes "up next" is "Omaha after dark" so look for another Omaha video to pop up in a few days.
Sorry I couldn't get the embed to work from my phone..
This TAPP channel has some great, original urban landscape content and I’m glad they finally got to posting an Omaha series
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
This TAPP channel Omaha aerial drone video has seen an overwhelming positive reception on YouTube..
But reading through a couple comments- several people insisting Omaha is a “small city” is hilarious. Even when another poster points out that among hundreds of US cities, Omaha is ranked 40th most populated in America and anchors a 1 million population metro..some haters still don’t get it. One commented that Omaha needed to “mature more” to graduate into actual city status (or something to that effect)..
Maroons
…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
But reading through a couple comments- several people insisting Omaha is a “small city” is hilarious. Even when another poster points out that among hundreds of US cities, Omaha is ranked 40th most populated in America and anchors a 1 million population metro..some haters still don’t get it. One commented that Omaha needed to “mature more” to graduate into actual city status (or something to that effect)..
Maroons
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
The Tapp Channel “Omaha by night” drone video is up now. And it is excellent-
Enjoy!…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Enjoy!…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Here is another, very recent, well made drone video showcasing Omaha’s downtown core area..
Enjoy!-
PS- Keep giving those 2 TAPP Channel drone Omaha downtown videos love- they’re awesome…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Enjoy!-
PS- Keep giving those 2 TAPP Channel drone Omaha downtown videos love- they’re awesome…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
County Board
Posts: 4746
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Nice, and they were able to get footage of a barge on Big Mo. That's cool.Omaha Cowboy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:40 pm Here is another, very recent, well made drone video showcasing Omaha’s downtown core area..
Enjoy!-
PS- Keep giving those 2 TAPP Channel drone Omaha downtown videos love- they’re awesome…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Agreed..ita wrote: ↑Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:31 pmNice, and they were able to get footage of a barge on Big Mo. That's cool.Omaha Cowboy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:40 pm Here is another, very recent, well made drone video showcasing Omaha’s downtown core area..
Enjoy!-
PS- Keep giving those 2 TAPP Channel drone Omaha downtown videos love- they’re awesome…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
I thought it was a pretty unique and cool drone video…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
It's good to see industry on the river again.
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
[youtube]https://youtu.be/PGkixDeCC0U[/youtube]
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Ha! I just watched that video last night..
And it’s a good one…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Home Owners Association
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Downtown Omaha
Another nice Omaha drone video posted today, complete with a hawk attack on the drone lol.
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Hawk or is that one of Falcons from the Woodman?
Either way, I'm sure its just an FNBO security measure to chase away photographers...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Yet another excellent drone video of downtown Omaha on New Years Eve night- capturing the skyline and New Years Fireworks. This content creator did a fantastic job. He is also aware construction just started on the new Mutual of Omaha Tower and already plans to be back to capture the skyline once that skyscraper is completed..
Enjoy this-
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Enjoy this-
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Great video, loved the fireworks, traffic and the horse carriage. It was awesome to see so much traffic downtown as well, a lot of the drone videos are taken when nothing is going on.
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
I agree..
I think this content creator really captured the nice vibe and beauty of downtown during the New Years Eve celebration..
Can’t wait to see what these aerials (drone videos) of Omaha will look like with the addition of the Mutual Tower…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
I think this content creator really captured the nice vibe and beauty of downtown during the New Years Eve celebration..
Can’t wait to see what these aerials (drone videos) of Omaha will look like with the addition of the Mutual Tower…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
I had to mention this somewhere and this thread seemed the best fit. I was scrolling FB today and saw an ad for MCC. Apparently, you can get become a certified drone pilot. That's a thing.
https://www.mccneb.edu/community-busine ... ght-school
https://www.mccneb.edu/community-busine ... ght-school
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:01 pm
Location: MEM burbs
Almost any university with an aviation program has a drone pilot degree option. Even UNO does. These have been around going on 5-10 years now.ChadJK wrote: ↑Thu Oct 30, 2025 4:43 pm Apparently, you can get become a certified drone pilot. That's a thing.
https://www.mccneb.edu/community-busine ... ght-school