Jiffy-Lube
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Jiffy-Lube
Anyone know why several of the Jiffy-Lube locations say “temporarily closed”. Been that way for a few months.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Interesting, I know the location I go to on 120th close to Pacific was open as of this past Friday afternoon...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
jag42
- Human Relations
- Posts: 543
- Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:29 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Seems like the one on the SE corner of 114th and West Center has been "temporarily closed" for over a year.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Jiffy-Lube
I think the one on 114 and Center says to go to the 120 location and the saddle creek location says to go to the benson location. I know I remember seeing at least one more that’s closed. I

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Looking back at the news, it looks like they may "temporarily close" stores when there is a problem with the franchise. Whether that's what's going on here I have no idea.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Heartland Automotive out of Kansas used to operate almost all, if not all the Jiffy Lube locations in Omaha, but they were apparently acquired by a private equity firm last year.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
U R my Helix
- Human Relations
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:54 am
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Several years ago, I took my new car here for its first oil change. After driving to Kansas City, the next day, I noticed a burning smell. They installed the oil filter improperly because they were not familiar with the new model. It leaked out a quart and a half. That was my 1st and last visit to JL. Now I always try and negotiate oil changes with the dealer when I buy.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Sometimes, even competent people mess up oil changes. I was changing the oil on a $350,000 tractor once, started the motor briefly to move the tires so I could get a 5 gallon bucket under the drain plug, and completely forgot that I had already loosened the cap on the cartridge filter housing.
The motor wasn't even on 2 seconds, and it re-created Exxon Valdez on the shop floor, and the whole right side of the engine block was drenched in oil.
The motor wasn't even on 2 seconds, and it re-created Exxon Valdez on the shop floor, and the whole right side of the engine block was drenched in oil.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110973
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Jiffy-Lube
No matter where I have my oil changed I check it over after 20 or so miles. Check the oil level and check it over for leaks and esp look for drips on the concrete after the first time parking it.U R my Helix wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:22 pm Several years ago, I took my new car here for its first oil change. After driving to Kansas City, the next day, I noticed a burning smell. They installed the oil filter improperly because they were not familiar with the new model. It leaked out a quart and a half. That was my 1st and last visit to JL. Now I always try and negotiate oil changes with the dealer when I buy.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Also, pay attention to your oil pressure gauge for the first few minutes. If you see pressure start to drop, or get any low oil pressure warning messages, shut the car off immediately. On rare occasion, the old filter gasket will stick on the filter mount. If it's not checked and they spin the new filter on, you'll have a double gasket, which doesn't seal very well, and all your oil will eventually leak out.
Most competent mechanics and lube techs will check for leaks on startup, but sometimes they're not competent, or get in a hurry or whatever.
Most competent mechanics and lube techs will check for leaks on startup, but sometimes they're not competent, or get in a hurry or whatever.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm
Re: Jiffy-Lube
I learned to avoid Jiffy Lube mainly for the incessant annoying upselling they try to pull!
I'm one of those who really does not instinctively know what about a car REALLY needs to be done (yes, I can and do R the FM), and I need to trust garages, friends etc. for advice. I could tell that Jiffy Lube was doing a requisite upsell, however.
I'm *STILL* looking for a good oil change place somewhere in the Millard/Gretna area (or the 680 corridor) which is quick, reasonably-priced, and does not pull that upsell drek. (Any suggestions?)
I was using Insta-Lube at {something} and West Dodge and was very happy with them, but they closed that shop and the only one that appears to be still alive is down on Center at 50-something. I've actually stopped in there if I was in the area and getting close to change due time.
I'm one of those who really does not instinctively know what about a car REALLY needs to be done (yes, I can and do R the FM), and I need to trust garages, friends etc. for advice. I could tell that Jiffy Lube was doing a requisite upsell, however.
I'm *STILL* looking for a good oil change place somewhere in the Millard/Gretna area (or the 680 corridor) which is quick, reasonably-priced, and does not pull that upsell drek. (Any suggestions?)
I was using Insta-Lube at {something} and West Dodge and was very happy with them, but they closed that shop and the only one that appears to be still alive is down on Center at 50-something. I've actually stopped in there if I was in the area and getting close to change due time.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Jiffy-Lube
130th & Dodge. I have been going to him and to his father's at 58th and Center for years now.Omababe wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:32 pm I was using Insta-Lube at {something} and West Dodge and was very happy with them, but they closed that shop and the only one that appears to be still alive is down on Center at 50-something. I've actually stopped in there if I was in the area and getting close to change due time.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Jiffy-Lube
I’ve not had any issues with the Jiffy Lube on 120th close to Pacific St. I’ve been taking my cars there off and on for years now due to its proximity to my residence. Sure, they like to “upsell”. Many other places do that as well. But you can always politely decline..
One thing I will say, I took my SUV into Omaha Car Care for some very minor work before I took it on a road trip down to Texas 2 weeks back. I’m dropped my car there during my lunch hour and they gave me a loaner car to use. When I got off work that afternoon, everything was done and ready to pick up at a very minimal cost- this was the 132nd and Dodge location. For my first time trying the place out, I was impressed with their hassle free and prompt service...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
One thing I will say, I took my SUV into Omaha Car Care for some very minor work before I took it on a road trip down to Texas 2 weeks back. I’m dropped my car there during my lunch hour and they gave me a loaner car to use. When I got off work that afternoon, everything was done and ready to pick up at a very minimal cost- this was the 132nd and Dodge location. For my first time trying the place out, I was impressed with their hassle free and prompt service...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Is that actually open again? Last time I drove by there it was most definitely closed.Coyote wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:37 pm130th & Dodge. I have been going to him and to his father's at 58th and Center for years now.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Jiffy-Lube
No. That's where it was before they tore it down.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Thanks. I was hoping they might have re-opened. 
That was the only place where I got the impression that they were really honest about what needed to be done and not trying to con you. If they said the air filter was too dirty, it was too dirty. Yeah, Jiffy Lube will bring it in to show to you and ask for permission to replace it, but I have NO CLUE how dirty it really has to be. Heck, they could even have a really dirty one stashed back there and I would not know the difference.
That was the only place where I got the impression that they were really honest about what needed to be done and not trying to con you. If they said the air filter was too dirty, it was too dirty. Yeah, Jiffy Lube will bring it in to show to you and ask for permission to replace it, but I have NO CLUE how dirty it really has to be. Heck, they could even have a really dirty one stashed back there and I would not know the difference.
-
bigredmed1
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:16 am
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Omaha Carcare is a great place. Joel at 58th and Center was the inspection mechanic for the Wheels to Work program run by Boystown, Creighton, and FNBO.
-
advcomp2019
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Jiffy-Lube
I have heard from a few places in the Sioux City area the same reason on why the Jiffy Lube close their location in the Sioux City area. The reason that I have heard is their pits have sidewalls are falling apart, and it costs too much to fix the pit sidewalls. So they close the doors and fill in the pit. I don't know how true that is tho.
-
labguy
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 4:46 pm
Re: Jiffy-Lube
According to the agenda for today's Board of Regents meeting, UNMC is purchasing the Jiffy-Lube property at the corner of Leavenworth and Saddle Creek. I figured that was going to be the likely outcome.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Jiffy-Lube
Good, hopefully the pick up all trash that is starting to pile up in the parking lot!labguy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:00 pm According to the agenda for today's Board of Regents meeting, UNMC is purchasing the Jiffy-Lube property at the corner of Leavenworth and Saddle Creek. I figured that was going to be the likely outcome.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1553
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm
Re: Jiffy-Lube
UNMC also purchased the Don & Millies.Brad wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:11 pmGood, hopefully the pick up all trash that is starting to pile up in the parking lot!labguy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:00 pm According to the agenda for today's Board of Regents meeting, UNMC is purchasing the Jiffy-Lube property at the corner of Leavenworth and Saddle Creek. I figured that was going to be the likely outcome.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Jiffy-Lube
I noticed all the branding and also the "Temporarily Closed" sign have been removed from the 114th and Center Location.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto