Human Relations
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:32 am
Location: Lincoln, NE
Hotel Developer to Purchase LJS Printing Facility on Q Street
Some speculation in the article about a possible convention center hotel. That wouldn't surprise me but I also assumed the post office property would make a better site for a convention center than this property.
Some speculation in the article about a possible convention center hotel. That wouldn't surprise me but I also assumed the post office property would make a better site for a convention center than this property.
Human Relations
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:32 am
Location: Lincoln, NE
Planning Board
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis
Hmmm...
From experience, Drury can be a difficult to work with if you want them to build an urban hotel, which I think would be appropriate for this site.
From experience, Drury can be a difficult to work with if you want them to build an urban hotel, which I think would be appropriate for this site.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
City Council
Posts: 8990
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
I have been waiting for them to enter this market. When we don't stay in downtown KC, we stay at Drury. About the most family friendly hotel chain there is. I also stay at the one in West Des Moines when there for work.
Greg
Greg
Human Relations
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Looks like they are moving forward with this. Great get for downtown Lincoln, 8 stories and 252 rooms:
https://journalstar.com/news/local/busi ... 60866.html
https://journalstar.com/news/local/busi ... 60866.html
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
Have there been any renderings released on this?
County Board
Posts: 4885
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
Bummer. I did find this, so we have an idea of the design elements to expect: https://www.druryhotels.com/coming-soon
County Board
Posts: 4885
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Yeah I have been looking at their newer hotels as well. If I had to guess we’ll see something similar to the Chattanooga hotel.Louie wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:59 pmBummer. I did find this, so we have an idea of the design elements to expect: https://www.druryhotels.com/coming-soon
County Board
Posts: 4693
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City
252 rooms would be the same as their North Charleston new build.Linkin5 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:39 pmYeah I have been looking at their newer hotels as well. If I had to guess we’ll see something similar to the Chattanooga hotel.Louie wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:59 pmBummer. I did find this, so we have an idea of the design elements to expect: https://www.druryhotels.com/coming-soon
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
County Board
Posts: 4885
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Ah good catch, that wouldn’t be too bad either.Garrett wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm252 rooms would be the same as their North Charleston new build.Linkin5 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:39 pmYeah I have been looking at their newer hotels as well. If I had to guess we’ll see something similar to the Chattanooga hotel.Louie wrote: ↑Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:59 pmBummer. I did find this, so we have an idea of the design elements to expect: https://www.druryhotels.com/coming-soon
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
These new hotel projects are a big shot in the arm for downtown Lincoln, and the city in general. No doubt they will help boost restaurants and other businesses in the Haymarket district.