I’m not in disagreement here. Likely there was zilch Stothert could do..Greg S wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:16 amI don't think there was really anything Stothert could have done to keep Con Agra.Connolly wanted them in Chicago and took less money to make it happen.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:40 pmI’ve never believed the mayor’s office was blindsided by CEO Connolly pulling up stakes and moving ConAgra out of Omaha..and if that was truly the case, then I’d be (and am) even more concerned about what the he!l is going on at City Hall..Erik wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:25 am I remember several posters on this very board bringing up the Conagra concern months before the announcement.
Stothert claimed that her office was blindsided.
I think that was a lie. There were many concerns raised and she was playing hardball.
Her time has run it's course as one of the worst administrations in city history
As I’ve stated previously here, I question her leadership and agree that Stothert’s time as mayor has run its course. Omaha can do better moving forward...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Greg
But my point was, regardless of the hopelessness of the situation, should the mayor/city/chamber just chalk a 100 year old Omaha born and bred company as a loss and offer little, if any, persuasive argument to convince them to stay? The only thing I remember reported through the media back then (Oct/2015) was that the mayor/city/chamber had a last minute meeting with Connolly in an attempt to persuade ConAgra to stay in Omaha..Then we had the mayor’s office indicate they were “blindsided” by the move..Really? That certainly signals a Red Alert, if true, as to how could the city be asleep at the switch and be “blindsided”??..One would think something was in the air months, if not at least a year after Connolly took over, that he had been thinking of a potential HQ’s move out of Omaha (there was talk of it on this forum for months in advance)..
Who knows.. Like I’ve stated previously, maybe the mayors office did everything they could to try and convince Connolly to keep ConAgra's HQ’s in Omaha.. But still, I wonder..
In any case what’s done is long done. In the end, when evaluating Stothert’s stint as mayor and her prospects moving forward, I think it’s fair to question her leadership as the city’s chief executive...
Ciao..LiO...Peace





