Miyake Sushi House (Papillion) - CLOSED

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Miyake Sushi House (Papillion) - CLOSED

Post by ChadJK »

Miyake Sushi House has opened (mid June?) in Papillion near 72nd & Giles. They're in the unit where Red Sushi Hibachi used to be in the southwest quadrant of the intersection.

Miyake Sushi House
8419 S 73rd Plz Ste 105
Papillion, NE 68046
(402) 885-8852
https://www.miyakesushi.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Miyakesushihouse/
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Miyake Sushi House

Post by nativeomahan »

Has anyone tried this place? There is a sushi house right across Giles that I liked the few times I tried it.
ricko
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm

Re: Miyake Sushi House

Post by ricko »

I looked at their menu, and I remember seeing something that triggered a memory and a question. Is sushi prepared with cream cheese an Omaha thing, like hamburger pizza? I've never seen that in any other city, but I remember having it at Blue on a sampler plate some years ago.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Miyake Sushi House

Post by Louie »

ricko wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 am I looked at their menu, and I remember seeing something that triggered a memory and a question. Is sushi prepared with cream cheese an Omaha thing, like hamburger pizza? I've never seen that in any other city, but I remember having it at Blue on a sampler plate some years ago.
It's not just an Omaha thing, but its definitely a US phenomenon. I believe the first time it was used was in a 'Philly roll'. But I could but incorrect on the first usage.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Miyake Sushi House

Post by nativeomahan »

It is apparently very common in Mexican sushi restaurants.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Miyake Sushi House (Papillion)

Post by ChadJK »

They have a sign in their window about a Grand Reopening. I'm not sure how long the sign has been there and if that means they just reinvented themselves a little bit or there was a change in ownership. It says the menu is expanded now.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Miyake Sushi House (Papillion) - CLOSED

Post by ChadJK »

It seems this place is now permanently closed.