A quick trip to Lincoln

Capital city news and discussion.
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by Bob from Omaha »

I flew into Lincoln last week for, literally, a two hour meeting. After that I had an hour or so til we flew back. I was downtown so I took a walk around downtown and the Haymarket.
I've got to say I am so impressed with Lincoln's growth and development. The Haymarket area is impressive. Very well done. I wish I could have spent more time.
Doctor Fate
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Location: DC Metro

Re: A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by Doctor Fate »

Bob from Omaha wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:18 pm I flew into Lincoln last week for, literally, a two hour meeting. After that I had an hour or so til we flew back. I was downtown so I took a walk around downtown and the Haymarket.
I've got to say I am so impressed with Lincoln's growth and development. The Haymarket area is impressive. Very well done. I wish I could have spent more time.
I agree. When my wife and I lived there we had family and friends from DC/Arlington, NYC, Salt Lake City, and Austin who came to visit and absolutely loved the Haymarket and Railyard. They were impressed with the aesthetics, charm, and build out of the area and downtown Lincoln in general.
buildomaha
Human Relations
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by buildomaha »

Lincoln is doing a lot of things right downtown that Omaha should definitely take note of!
#gohawks
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by Greg S »

Yeah it's very impressive what's going on in Lincoln.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by Brad »

We just moved our Lincoln office to a new building in the Railyard. Its impressive to look down a road that wasn't even there a few years ago and now is all filled with buildings and a big arena at the end.
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by Bob from Omaha »

Brad wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:50 am We just moved our Lincoln office to a new building in the Railyard. Its impressive to look down a road that wasn't even there a few years ago and now is all filled with buildings and a big arena at the end.
Brad I would call that area a target rich environment for you.
GetUrban
Planning Board
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by GetUrban »

I took a quick trip to Lincoln last week and just went down and back on 84th street to Highway 2. I was surprised how much new small-to-md-size buildings were filling-in. The architecture was interesting and fresh too. I don’t get out to West O much, but Lincoln seems just as active or more so, and I agree the Haymarket area seems to be outpacing DTO lately.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: A quick trip to Lincoln

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Let’s also remember, when all is said and done, between the 3 phase Riverfront revitalization plan/ConAgra site and North Downtown- More than $500 million will be spent for enhanced amenity/development in the DT Omaha core. So I think, especially once we get to the other side of the pandemic, these enhancements will be a game changer for the core and the entire Omaha metropolitan area..

That said, the developments in DT Lincoln, especially in the Haymarket area, have been startling and fantastic. Compared to how it was when I went to college at UNL in the 1980’s, it really is night and day...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!