Nice dense 5 unit rowhome project on a little piece of land SW of downtown.
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ril/24.pdf
2014 Pierce
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
-
Taco
- Human Relations
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm
Re: 2014 Pierce
This was originally a land bank property. Good to see the system working as designed.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: 2014 Pierce
I like it, and I'm glad to see more rowhouses.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: 2014 Pierce
These are good sized units. It's good to see this next to the recently completed Foundry Lofts project.
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: 2014 Pierce
Looks like they were able to work in more townhomes here. Now planning for 9 units. Looks nice.
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/18.pdf
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/18.pdf
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: 2014 Pierce
Yeah, I am glad they were able to work in a few more units. I like that the design deviates from the from the Uptown/Legacy Townhomes built in the last 5 years or so. I hope this one gets built!iamjacobm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:54 am Looks like they were able to work in more townhomes here. Now planning for 9 units. Looks nice.
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/18.pdf
-
daveoma
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1213
- Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:18 am
Re: 2014 Pierce
They look quaint and I like the little balcony, but I'm surprised that more of these builders don't include a rooftop deck like the ones on 10th street. I suppose there wouldn't be much of a view, but it would be a better view of the driveway. Also there would be more privacy.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: 2014 Pierce
Market-rate town houses planned near downtown Omaha

Cindy Gonzalez
A town house-style complex would be constructed on two lots in a neighborhood southwest of the Old Market, adding more rental housing around the edges of downtown Omaha.
The $2.5 million project at 2014 and 2016 Pierce St. would rise three stories and include nine market-rate residences. Owner Megumi II LLC, managed by Grace Longley, anticipates that rent will be about $1,800 per month.

-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: 2014 Pierce
These are vertical. Same developers as the apartments next door apparently. This neighborhood might turn pretty quickly.