Mutual of Omaha Tower (14th & Farnam)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
User avatar
Night Train
Home Owners Association
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:20 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Night Train »

Louie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 am
JDJase wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:41 am
ita wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 am
NEDodger wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 am I guess do you "need" the shot to be from the traditional vantage point anymore? I mean up until now it was nice because you could clearly see both skyscrapers, had the "twins" behind the library, etc.. But with the new MoO tower.....does the new postcard shot maybe be from Abbott Drive? Maybe something that has Charles Schwab Field towards the right side of the frame?
True. I personally like the skyline from a southern vantage. I was driving up into downtown on 13th street and was reminded how nice downtown looks from the angle with the industrial foreground, historic low and mid rises, then the skyscrapers.
Yeah, agreed. I also definitely like the skyline from the southeast, like from the Harrah's garage. The picture from that angle in the header slideshow of this website is my favorite picture of Omaha.
I've had that photo as my phone wallpaper for years. Such a dense, urban vibe to it.
I would agree as well. I was just in downtown yesterday snapping some shots from the post office. Can’t wait to see some renderings from this view 😁
Image
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10812
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by iamjacobm »

For the height obsessed if they end up exactly at 634 the Mutual building would most likely appear slightly shorter than the FNBO tower as it’s just a bit downhill. Still will look great at that height obviously.
buildomaha
Human Relations
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by buildomaha »

iamjacobm wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:10 am For the height obsessed if they end up exactly at 634 the Mutual building would most likely appear slightly shorter than the FNBO tower as it’s just a bit downhill. Still will look great at that height obviously.
Didn’t mayor stothert said the library site was actually higher up unless I heard that wrong (which is highly likely).
#gohawks
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

buildomaha wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:23 am
iamjacobm wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:10 am For the height obsessed if they end up exactly at 634 the Mutual building would most likely appear slightly shorter than the FNBO tower as it’s just a bit downhill. Still will look great at that height obviously.
Didn’t mayor stothert said the library site was actually higher up unless I heard that wrong (which is highly likely).
The rumor was 700 foot.

Stothert I think alluded to it could be taller than the FNB tower.

Blackledge has joked that 634 feet would be perfect, so there are two tallest buildings. It also sounds like he might have a sort of gentlemen's agreement to not be taller than the FNB tower. But I think he just wants what turns out to be the most practical. If the architecture firm says he needs 46 stories at 14 foot each, than we will get a 644 foot tall tower, plus whatever decorative and HVAC stuff required above it.
Doctor Fate
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Location: DC Metro

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Doctor Fate »

JDJase wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:41 am Yeah, agreed. I also definitely like the skyline from the southeast, like from the Harrah's garage. The picture from that angle in the header slideshow of this website is my favorite picture of Omaha.

Image
I took this from the Harrah's garage when I was back in Omaha in September. Visit Nebraska shared it on their IG lol.
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by jessep28 »

They should have gone with a more revolutionary building design.

Image
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by nebport5 »

Louie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:57 am
ita wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:16 am I found the design team for the skyscraper from Mutual's press release. Kendall/Heaton Associates from Houston has dozens of skyscrapers under their belt, from ground up design to renovations. A handful of their designs emulate the curves silhouette of the concept, including the Salesforce tower HQ in San Francisco (I think someone reference that above). Anyway, peruse their portfolio here:

http://www.kendall-heaton.com/projects/
Both 1180 Peachtree and the Devon tower were their projects. I'd say that this forum certainly figured out the designer's style quickly.
And yet the rendering works well with FNC, UP, etc. I really like this design aside from the awkward transition at the square base.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by nebport5 »

ita wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 am
NEDodger wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 am I guess do you "need" the shot to be from the traditional vantage point anymore? I mean up until now it was nice because you could clearly see both skyscrapers, had the "twins" behind the library, etc.. But with the new MoO tower.....does the new postcard shot maybe be from Abbott Drive? Maybe something that has Charles Schwab Field towards the right side of the frame?
True. I personally like the skyline from a southern vantage. I was driving up into downtown on 13th street and was reminded how nice downtown looks from the angle with the industrial foreground, historic low and mid rises, then the skyscrapers.
Yes, I believe Brad has a magic hour shot from a south east vantage(Postal Annex I'm guessing) that is my absolute favorite DTO shot.
Doctor Fate
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Location: DC Metro

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Doctor Fate »

ita wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:16 am I found the design team for the skyscraper from Mutual's press release. Kendall/Heaton Associates from Houston has dozens of skyscrapers under their belt, from ground up design to renovations. A handful of their designs emulate the curves silhouette of the concept, including the Salesforce tower HQ in San Francisco (I think someone reference that above). Anyway, peruse their portfolio here:

http://www.kendall-heaton.com/projects/
Wow, they also did the Golden State Warrior new arena and the Amegy Bank tower. The company I work for owns Amegy Bank and several people have said the Amegy Bank tower interior is really cool.

Amegy Bank opens eye-catching tower
ita
County Board
Posts: 4746
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by ita »

Mr. Lahey wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:00 am
Louie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 am
JDJase wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:41 am
ita wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 am
NEDodger wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 am I guess do you "need" the shot to be from the traditional vantage point anymore? I mean up until now it was nice because you could clearly see both skyscrapers, had the "twins" behind the library, etc.. But with the new MoO tower.....does the new postcard shot maybe be from Abbott Drive? Maybe something that has Charles Schwab Field towards the right side of the frame?
True. I personally like the skyline from a southern vantage. I was driving up into downtown on 13th street and was reminded how nice downtown looks from the angle with the industrial foreground, historic low and mid rises, then the skyscrapers.
Yeah, agreed. I also definitely like the skyline from the southeast, like from the Harrah's garage. The picture from that angle in the header slideshow of this website is my favorite picture of Omaha.
I've had that photo as my phone wallpaper for years. Such a dense, urban vibe to it.
I would agree as well. I was just in downtown yesterday snapping some shots from the post office. Can’t wait to see some renderings from this view 😁
Image
Nice. Downtown looks great from all the major arterials from South Omaha, 10th, 13th, 16th, and 20th. Buildings like the new Justice Center even make an impact from those views.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4746
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by ita »

Doctor Fate wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:48 am
JDJase wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:41 am Yeah, agreed. I also definitely like the skyline from the southeast, like from the Harrah's garage. The picture from that angle in the header slideshow of this website is my favorite picture of Omaha.

Image
I took this from the Harrah's garage when I was back in Omaha in September. Visit Nebraska shared it on their IG lol.
Nice. You can kind of see the Mercantile in this shot. Anything built on the remaining sites with some height will make a big difference to the downtown skyline from this angle.
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Garrett »

Doctor Fate wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:48 am
JDJase wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:41 am Yeah, agreed. I also definitely like the skyline from the southeast, like from the Harrah's garage. The picture from that angle in the header slideshow of this website is my favorite picture of Omaha.

Image
I took this from the Harrah's garage when I was back in Omaha in September. Visit Nebraska shared it on their IG lol.
Actually I wonder if First National is gonna end up blocked from this angle.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
ita
County Board
Posts: 4746
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by ita »

Garrett wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:32 am
Doctor Fate wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:48 am
JDJase wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:41 am Yeah, agreed. I also definitely like the skyline from the southeast, like from the Harrah's garage. The picture from that angle in the header slideshow of this website is my favorite picture of Omaha.

Image
I took this from the Harrah's garage when I was back in Omaha in September. Visit Nebraska shared it on their IG lol.
Actually I wonder if First National is gonna end up blocked from this angle.
Yeah, it likely will, depending on what the floorplate ends up being. It will definitely block FNBO's facade. Shoot.
zippy
Library Board
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Harvey Oaks

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by zippy »

Louie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:57 am
ita wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:16 am I found the design team for the skyscraper from Mutual's press release. Kendall/Heaton Associates from Houston has dozens of skyscrapers under their belt, from ground up design to renovations. A handful of their designs emulate the curves silhouette of the concept, including the Salesforce tower HQ in San Francisco (I think someone reference that above). Anyway, peruse their portfolio here:

http://www.kendall-heaton.com/projects/
Both 1180 Peachtree and the Devon tower were their projects. I'd say that this forum certainly figured out the designer's style quickly.
Looks like the Union Pacific Center was also designed by them.
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by damonhynes »

I've been through OKC a lot over the past two years, and the Devon joint is very impressive.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

damonhynes wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:31 pm I've been through OKC a lot over the past two years, and the Devon joint is very impressive.
Yes it is. I was there for work when it was under construction. I was told it would be over 1000 feet. Somewhere along the lines though it was reduced to it's ~800 feet. It really towers over OKC though.
User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

Besides the Mall I always think the iconic skyline is from the North but I may be biased from living north of town. It does lack brick buildings but I just feel like it's the most well known one because of the CWS. If I ever got a picture to hang up it would definitely be from the South. Although I may love the mall view because it covers up the Woodmen which I have never been a fan of haha.
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
Hawkeye
Library Board
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Hawkeye »

The new, bestest "money shot" might actually come from the CB side of the river. Probably not my best work, but maybe lookin' a little somethin' like this.

Image
"In Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here." -Plato (Probably. No one is really sure.)
SunMan
Home Owners Association
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 am
Location: Ralston

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by SunMan »

Hawkeye wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:03 pm The new, bestest "money shot" might actually come from the CB side of the river. Probably not my best work, but maybe lookin' a little somethin' like this.

Image
Not your best work? It's a lot better than I could do. Looks great!
User avatar
Night Train
Home Owners Association
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:20 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Night Train »

Hawkeye wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:03 pm The new, bestest "money shot" might actually come from the CB side of the river. Probably not my best work, but maybe lookin' a little somethin' like this.

Image
Nice work, Hawkeye 👌
User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Bennington

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Stargazer »

Awesome Hawkeye, thanks! I'm thinking it'll be just a little closer to UPC though, maybe even touching World Herald.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Hawkeye
Library Board
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Hawkeye »

Stargazer wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm Awesome Hawkeye, thanks! I'm thinking it'll be just a little closer to UPC though, maybe even touching World Herald.
Yeah, I thought the exact same thing right after I posted it. But it gives the general idea. Prolly what that statue guy was thinkin' too. :)
"In Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here." -Plato (Probably. No one is really sure.)
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Hawkeye wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:03 pm The new, bestest "money shot" might actually come from the CB side of the river. Probably not my best work, but maybe lookin' a little somethin' like this.

Image
‘Ol Hawkeye has outdone himself here. Very nice :thumb: ..

For the record, I’m not really concerned about the new tower blocking out the Woodmen or any other building..

There will be plenty of great skyline shot opportunities from south 16th to 13th streets looking north..the airport drive on Abbot from the north traveling south, from the ballpark and from the east (CB) as Hawkeye’s photoshop shows…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
JDJase
Home Owners Association
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Downtown Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by JDJase »

Here's a pretty good mockup here:



They also did one if the building was built on the Lanoha site:



Sorry I can't get the embed to work..
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

JDJase wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:57 pm Here's a pretty good mockup here:



They also did one if the building was built on the Lanoha site:



Sorry I can't get the embed to work..
Those are excellent :thumb:…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
snick
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:49 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by snick »

Hi, I did a very rough mockup of the new tower in Google Earth. Here is the view from various vantage points. 650' tower on the right, 700' on the left:

10th street
Image

Abbott Drive
Image

CWS View
Image

Harrahs Casino
Image

I-480
Image

Aerial
Image

Even if it ends up being slightly under 650 ft, it will definitely define the skyline.
Vitruvius
Home Owners Association
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:11 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Vitruvius »

Image


Image
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

snick wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:12 pm Hi, I did a very rough mockup of the new tower in Google Earth. Here is the view from various vantage points. 650' tower on the right, 700' on the left:

10th street
Image

Abbott Drive
Image

CWS View
Image

Harrahs Casino
Image

I-480
Image

Aerial
Image

Even if it ends up being slightly under 650 ft, it will definitely define the skyline.
Sweet :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Vitruvius wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm Image


Image
Very nice :thumb: ..

Looks like one from the Library site and the other from the Old UP parcel…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Vitruvius
Home Owners Association
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:11 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Vitruvius »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:16 pm
Vitruvius wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm Image


Image
Very nice :thumb: ..

Looks like one from the Library site and the other from the Old UP parcel…

Ciao..LiO…Peace

Image
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Vitruvius wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:18 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:16 pm
Vitruvius wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm Image


Image
Very nice :thumb: ..

Looks like one from the Library site and the other from the Old UP parcel…

Ciao..LiO…Peace

Image
Diggin’ it man :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Doctor Fate
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Location: DC Metro

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Doctor Fate »

I'm excited that we're getting another 600+ footer, for obvious reasons. I'm also excited because getting a tower this tall is rare and now that we will getting another one, we can focus on filling in the skyline with 300-400 footers.
Cermak
Planning Board
Posts: 2330
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Cermak »

iamjacobm wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:10 am For the height obsessed if they end up exactly at 634 the Mutual building would most likely appear slightly shorter than the FNBO tower as it’s just a bit downhill. Still will look great at that height obviously.
The Woodmen sits on a bluff which really helps it look taller. As does the Elmwood tower near Elmwood park, MoO’s current hdqts and the newly black painted 15 story Kiewit bldg. All these buildings show up very well when viewed from west Omaha.

The new MoO tower won’t have this benefit and might not even show up real good from skyline view areas such as 90th and Dodge ,120th and Center and 150th and Maple. And I agree, If it ends up being about the same height as FNC , FNC could still look taller when viewed from west Omaha. It depends what the final height of the tower will be, if it reaches 700 ft it should dominate.
Last edited by Cermak on Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuzhouse
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:37 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by kuzhouse »

Rough elevation of each plot downtown
Woodmen 1,120ft
FNB 1,095ft
MoO 1,065ft

Woodmen does get a nice little advantage here. Makes it appear right at about 500ft tall compared to the rest of downtown.
GetUrban
Planning Board
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by GetUrban »

kuzhouse wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:44 am Rough elevation of each plot downtown
Woodmen 1,120ft
FNB 1,095ft
MoO 1,065ft

Woodmen does get a nice little advantage here. Makes it appear right at about 500ft tall compared to the rest of downtown.
Doing the math,
-55 feet difference in base elevation between MoO site and the Woodmen site and -30’ FNB. Not a huge amount, plus the MoO apparently will have a taller podium with more parking under the tower.

Also, did I miss it somewhere that they’re now officially talking 600’ vs 700’ ? Or is that just forum speculation? From what they said in the press announcements, they haven’t really determined how much space MoO will actually need, which will have an effect on the size, even if MoO may not occupy all of the floors.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4332
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by thenewguy »

GetUrban wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:37 am
kuzhouse wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:44 am Rough elevation of each plot downtown
Woodmen 1,120ft
FNB 1,095ft
MoO 1,065ft

Woodmen does get a nice little advantage here. Makes it appear right at about 500ft tall compared to the rest of downtown.
Doing the math,
-55 feet difference in base elevation between MoO site and the Woodmen site and -30’ FNB. Not a huge amount, plus the MoO apparently will have a taller podium with more parking under the tower.

Also, did I miss it somewhere that they’re now officially talking 600’ vs 700’ ? Or is that just forum speculation? From what they said in the press announcements, they haven’t really determined how much space MoO will actually need, which will have an effect on the size, even if MoO may not occupy all of the floors.
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the mayor said its sole occupant would be mutual, and that they would not be leasing space to anyone.

I earmarked it in my brain because I immediately thought to myself that it wouldnt impact the need for other office space on the UP site.
Go Cubs Go
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

GetUrban wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:37 am
kuzhouse wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:44 am Rough elevation of each plot downtown
Woodmen 1,120ft
FNB 1,095ft
MoO 1,065ft

Woodmen does get a nice little advantage here. Makes it appear right at about 500ft tall compared to the rest of downtown.
Doing the math,
-55 feet difference in base elevation between MoO site and the Woodmen site and -30’ FNB. Not a huge amount, plus the MoO apparently will have a taller podium with more parking under the tower.

Also, did I miss it somewhere that they’re now officially talking 600’ vs 700’ ? Or is that just forum speculation? From what they said in the press announcements, they haven’t really determined how much space MoO will actually need, which will have an effect on the size, even if MoO may not occupy all of the floors.
The hint from Mutual’s CEO, is the tower might end up being built taller than the FNC, but that, specifically, has yet to be determined..

Reading “tea leaves” however, I think it’s a pretty safe bet the intent is for a tower at least at, or taller, than FNC. My guess is when all is said and done, this Mutual of Omaha skyscraper will see a height at right around 700 feet..

Which would be pretty dang sweet :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Night Train
Home Owners Association
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:20 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Night Train »

snick wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:12 pm Hi, I did a very rough mockup of the new tower in Google Earth. Here is the view from various vantage points. 650' tower on the right, 700' on the left:

10th street
Image

Abbott Drive
Image

CWS View
Image

Harrahs Casino
Image

I-480
Image

Aerial
Image

Even if it ends up being slightly under 650 ft, it will definitely define the skyline.
Thank you for the awesome renderings, snick!
User avatar
Night Train
Home Owners Association
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:20 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Night Train »

Vitruvius wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm Image


Image
Nice job, Vitruvius!
buildomaha
Human Relations
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by buildomaha »

#gohawks