City Council is considering creation of the Little Bohemia BID. The BID will be generally bounded by Pierce and Hickory on 13th Street, with some properties east to west.


The argument that 13th street needs to remain a thoroughfare for trucks/commerce is nonsense. There's literally 7 or 8 other ways to get commerce into downtown from 80/480/29 that don't take 2 extra minutes of driving.Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:20 pm In my opinion, there needs to be some sort of throughfare to support commerce in every section of town. 13th goes straight into Downtown and is an important feeder to support everything that goes on Downtown... They dieted Park Ave, 24th, 16th, and 10th never was a big one. There needs to be something to work with.
I see full-size trucks on 13th st from I 80 to Downtown almost every time I drive it during day business hours.Big E wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:38 amThe argument that 13th street needs to remain a thoroughfare for trucks/commerce is nonsense. There's literally 7 or 8 other ways to get commerce into downtown from 80/480/29 that don't take 2 extra minutes of driving.Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:20 pm In my opinion, there needs to be some sort of throughfare to support commerce in every section of town. 13th goes straight into Downtown and is an important feeder to support everything that goes on Downtown... They dieted Park Ave, 24th, 16th, and 10th never was a big one. There needs to be something to work with.
I also couldn't tell you the last time I saw an actual "truck" on 13th between downtown and Vinton.
Might be time to start setting trash on fire in the street. I mean a "road diet pilot program".
I hate the accuracy of this.Big E wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:22 pm Although I suppose conceding a prime urban development corridor to the 10 hours a week that might constitute rush hour is prob the most on-brand Omaha thing you could do there. Why would we encourage another Benson or Blackstone or Old Market-esque district? All that's going to do is attract young people who don't even care about tax breaks for rich people.
The USPS trucks I’m referring to are 18 wheelers. With the main post office and sorting facility on on 13th, there are tons of 18 wheelers there. Also, many other 18 wheelers go down 13th, it’s a natural street for that coming off the interstate. I’m a fan of what’s going on in Little Bohemia but what route do you suggest for all these 28 wheelers? And yes, I would also love to see an urban walking district in Omaha (or more), minimally close off streets for vehicles during certain hours. The Old Market and Benson are 2 perfect spots for this.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:04 pm I assumed the "trucks" in question were 18 wheelers, not UPS, USPS or suburban parking lot crawlers...
The old market and Blackstone would be my top picks.jjjjhskr wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:28 pmThe USPS trucks I’m referring to are 18 wheelers. With the main post office and sorting facility on on 13th, there are tons of 18 wheelers there. Also, many other 18 wheelers go down 13th, it’s a natural street for that coming off the interstate. I’m a fan of what’s going on in Little Bohemia but what route do you suggest for all these 28 wheelers? And yes, I would also love to see an urban walking district in Omaha (or more), minimally close off streets for vehicles during certain hours. The Old Market and Benson are 2 perfect spots for this.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:04 pm I assumed the "trucks" in question were 18 wheelers, not UPS, USPS or suburban parking lot crawlers...
Just inbound into downtown, not necessarily the post office:jjjjhskr wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:28 pmI’m a fan of what’s going on in Little Bohemia but what route do you suggest for all these 28 wheelers?





I see on their site that Scout Dry Goods & Trade is closing 12/18/2022.U R my Helix wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:01 pm Scout Dry Goods & Trade on the 1st floor adds spice to the flavor of the corner location. 1404 S 13th St.
They really downsized from the dundee location. I remember I went and was so disappointed to see how little selection they had. I wonder what drove them to move.
What city is it that they have in this image?ita wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:00 am I think the Little Bo apartments are open for leasing. Here's the website:
https://www.littlebobungalowsandflats.com/
There's about 20 units available. $1000 for studio, $1100 for 1 bed, and $1700 for 2 bed.

Athomsfere wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:39 pmLooks like they’re using one of the native Enscape backgrounds/skybox. I’m not quite sure what city it is, but I tend to avoid it because it’s confusing.ita wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:00 am I think the Little Bo apartments are open for leasing. Here's the website:
https://www.littlebobungalowsandflats.com/
There's about 20 units available. $1000 for studio, $1100 for 1 bed, and $1700 for 2 bed.
What city is it that they have in this image?
![]()
At first I thought it was UNMC, but then it wasn't. And the location wouldn't be right for that view of UNMC either...buildomaha wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:45 pmLooks like they’re using one of the native Enscape backgrounds/skybox. I’m not quite sure what city it is, but I tend to avoid it because it’s confusing.Athomsfere wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:39 pmita wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:00 am I think the Little Bo apartments are open for leasing. Here's the website:
https://www.littlebobungalowsandflats.com/
There's about 20 units available. $1000 for studio, $1100 for 1 bed, and $1700 for 2 bed.
What city is it that they have in this image?
![]()
477 sq foot studio. That's huge for a studio. I wonder why they didn't make that into a 1 bedroom? Their 1 bedroom layout is such a space waster too. Oh well, at least they're affordable....oh, wait.ita wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:00 am I think the Little Bo apartments are open for leasing. Here's the website:
https://www.littlebobungalowsandflats.com/
There's about 20 units available. $1000 for studio, $1100 for 1 bed, and $1700 for 2 bed.
Christopher Burbach
The latest urban Omaha neighborhood to experience a revival is having growing strains.
New businesses, real estate developers and long-time industries on South 13th Street are seeking to create a Little Bohemia harmony.
The recent regeneration of the neighborhood just south of downtown Omaha is a variation on its historical theme. Called Little Bohemia because of its Czech immigrant heritage, the district has always been a place where industrial businesses that make, build and fix things share the street with shops, bars, restaurants and people’s homes.

That bridge is certainly a visible barrier and a pedestrian barrier. I’ve walked under a number of times, but to say its pleasant to do would be a stretch.EricHaley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:50 am It would nice to see all that area around the train bridge, including the post office redeveloped. It would also be nice to see that bridge replaced with added clearance below to become a gateway to downtown. Something really cool looking. better yet, tunnel underneath 13th. Raising a lot of that whole line could open up a lot of development and connect to downtown. Make it a grand entrance.
I then later stumbled upon the 13th St study, nearly everything addressed.Louie wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:15 amThat bridge is certainly a visible barrier and a pedestrian barrier. I’ve walked under a number of times, but to say its pleasant to do would be a stretch.EricHaley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:50 am It would nice to see all that area around the train bridge, including the post office redeveloped. It would also be nice to see that bridge replaced with added clearance below to become a gateway to downtown. Something really cool looking. better yet, tunnel underneath 13th. Raising a lot of that whole line could open up a lot of development and connect to downtown. Make it a grand entrance.
It looks like the main discussion around this would be murals on the walls under the bridges, but I didn't see anything of significance outside of that. Also, that is a rather old study with no momentum so far, unless I am missing something.EricHaley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:41 amI then later stumbled upon the 13th St study, nearly everything addressed.Louie wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:15 amThat bridge is certainly a visible barrier and a pedestrian barrier. I’ve walked under a number of times, but to say its pleasant to do would be a stretch.EricHaley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:50 am It would nice to see all that area around the train bridge, including the post office redeveloped. It would also be nice to see that bridge replaced with added clearance below to become a gateway to downtown. Something really cool looking. better yet, tunnel underneath 13th. Raising a lot of that whole line could open up a lot of development and connect to downtown. Make it a grand entrance.
