Furniture Mart USA (coming soon) [April Fools]
-
OmahaOmaha
- Library Board
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 pm
- Location: West Omaha
Furniture Mart USA (coming soon) [April Fools]
Expect a big announcement later today. Furniture Mart USA is coming to Omaha. Plans call for a 2 story, 240,000 sq ft showroom and a 600,000 sq ft warehouse facility. At this time, I can’t reveal the exact location. It looks like NFM is going to have some competition.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2139
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
If true, I wonder if this persuaded “The Mart” to change their name to “NFM” in all of their branding, marketing, etc. TBH, I hadn’t heard of “Furniture Mart USA” until this post. Everyone knows in Nebraska that if you hear “Furniture Mart” you think of 72nd St.OmahaOmaha wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:08 am Expect a big announcement later today. Furniture Mart USA is coming to Omaha. Plans call for a 2 story, 240,000 sq ft showroom and a 600,000 sq ft warehouse facility. At this time, I can’t reveal the exact location. It looks like NFM is going to have some competition.
It will be awesome to learn of the location and as a prev NFM employee I look forward to the competition and additional shopping options… it’s been needed in our market for years!
-
Bomaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:36 pm
- Location: Chicago
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
............oh sweet summer childdjc311 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:06 amIf true, I wonder if this persuaded “The Mart” to change their name to “NFM” in all of their branding, marketing, etc. TBH, I hadn’t heard of “Furniture Mart USA” until this post. Everyone knows in Nebraska that if you hear “Furniture Mart” you think of 72nd St.OmahaOmaha wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:08 am Expect a big announcement later today. Furniture Mart USA is coming to Omaha. Plans call for a 2 story, 240,000 sq ft showroom and a 600,000 sq ft warehouse facility. At this time, I can’t reveal the exact location. It looks like NFM is going to have some competition.
It will be awesome to learn of the location and as a prev NFM employee I look forward to the competition and additional shopping options… it’s been needed in our market for years!
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4698
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
- Location: New York City
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
Agreed.Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
No matter whether it's true or not, the fact is that this outfit is a combination of an Ashley store, unclaimed freight, Carpet One Flooring, etc. They are big to be sure. They tend to avoid large cities.
Hey, if true it's not a bad idea. Maybe a little competition would be good in Omaha.
Hey, if true it's not a bad idea. Maybe a little competition would be good in Omaha.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
Yep!Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2139
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
Running out of afternoon… where’s the huge announcement?nativeomahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:25 pmYep!Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
Delayed by a broken fax machine.djc311 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:05 pmRunning out of afternoon… where’s the huge announcement?nativeomahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:25 pmYep!Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2139
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
Must have been part of the latest QAnon announcement. LOLBob from Omaha wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:53 pmDelayed by a broken fax machine.djc311 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:05 pmRunning out of afternoon… where’s the huge announcement?nativeomahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:25 pmYep!Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4698
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
- Location: New York City
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
Honestly of all of the April Fools fake outs this does have to be one of the uh… lower key ones. No big building, just a store and a warehouse
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
OmahaOmaha
- Library Board
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 pm
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
Sorry, that was my April Fools BS announcement. I got called away for a family emergency and wasn’t able to reveal later in the day that it was a joke. Sorry guys
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110960
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
SO you are saying there is a chance.... ? ;)OmahaOmaha wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:03 pm Sorry, that was my April Fools BS announcement. I got called away for a family emergency and wasn’t able to reveal later in the day that it was a joke. Sorry guys
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2139
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)
“One in a million”….nebugeater wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:38 amSO you are saying there is a chance.... ? ;)OmahaOmaha wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:03 pm Sorry, that was my April Fools BS announcement. I got called away for a family emergency and wasn’t able to reveal later in the day that it was a joke. Sorry guys