Nebraska Furniture Mart
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Okay. Someone has to know what the heck THIS is all about.
http://www.nfm.com/news.asp
and it's featured prominently on http://www.nfm.com
Okay. Someone has to know what the heck THIS is all about.
http://www.nfm.com/news.asp
and it's featured prominently on http://www.nfm.com
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Nebraska Furniture Mart
NFM will expand by taking over and occupying the struggling crossroads.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Hopfully it's a new NFM that is bigger and better than the one in KC. I have no idea. I guess we'll find out tomorrow at 10:15 am. I can't wait.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
That'd be quite odd with the Target going in.nebport5 wrote:NFM will expand by taking over and occupying the struggling crossroads.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Just for kicks I'm putting my $$ on NFM building out by Cabelas.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
I was wondering if they might return to their ancestral home downtown somewhere... unlikely, but at this point who knows.almighty_tuna wrote:Just for kicks I'm putting my $$ on NFM building out by Cabelas.
The only other thought I had is that maybe they're sponsoring something big, such as, oh, i dunno, a ballpark. *shrug*
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Perhaps a huge store in North Downtown along with sponsorsing the ballpark and a rail system. MMMMMMMMMM
The Governor is announcing the MAJOR economic announcment.
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Thats a pretty good guess about the ballpark.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Ya, too good. How cool would that be. "Welcome to Nebraska Furniture Mart Stadium!"Linkin5 wrote:Thats a pretty good guess about the ballpark.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Nah... NFM Fieldadam186 wrote:Ya, too good. How cool would that be. "Welcome to Nebraska Furniture Mart Stadium!"Linkin5 wrote:Thats a pretty good guess about the ballpark.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Nebraska Furniture Mart
just sarcasm, sorry.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
For the record, I really don't have any clue here. Just a guess.adam186 wrote:Ya, too good. How cool would that be. "Welcome to Nebraska Furniture Mart Stadium!"Linkin5 wrote:Thats a pretty good guess about the ballpark.
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Nebraska Furniture Mart
The governor is going to announce a sale at the Mart...cuz they never have those.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Ha, that's great. And Asten, I know you don't have a clue as to what will be announced. I was just pointing out how good of an idea that is.Bob from Omaha wrote:The governor is going to announce a sale at the Mart...cuz they never have those.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Excellent. I only *wish* i had such inside hooks. Someday, but not yet.adam186 wrote:Ha, that's great. And Asten, I know you don't have a clue as to what will be announced. I was just pointing out how good of an idea that is.Bob from Omaha wrote:The governor is going to announce a sale at the Mart...cuz they never have those.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110955
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Nebraska Furniture Mart
My guess would be that if the Gov and not the mayor are involved it has more to do with things than just Omaha.
Maybe a major distribution warehouse somewhere along I80 to support the two big stores and future stores in say, Denver, Dallas, Ok City, Minneapolis, etc.
Maybe a major distribution warehouse somewhere along I80 to support the two big stores and future stores in say, Denver, Dallas, Ok City, Minneapolis, etc.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Im with nebugeater, I'm guessing a distribution center/HQ to go with new stores in other markets. Very curious, can't wait.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Maybe, but it says "will benefit residents of the greater Omaha and Eastern Nebraska areas."the1wags wrote:Im with nebugeater, I'm guessing a distribution center/HQ to go with new stores in other markets. Very curious, can't wait.
A DC *would*, kindof, in terms of jobs and all... but i don't buy it.
-
OmahaRules
- Library Board
- Posts: 263
- Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:48 pm
- Location: Lincoln (school)
Nebraska Furniture Mart
It's going to be "No Interest Till 2050!" With the gov's new tax break plan we are going to subsidize NFM for their expenses!
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Nebraska Furniture Mart
The govenor's going to announce that he's gay, and he is teaming with NFM to redesign his new, more gay home! 
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Okay, I was enjoying these right up through the No Interest Til 2050...but Swift... where did that come from?? 
While I am hoping for the downtown 'NFM stadium' fantasy... my prediction (as I have said in the past) is that they're going to announce plans to begin building superstores all over the country... and the benefit to the metro will be a new, even larger warehouse complex (and of course more warehouse/administrative/support jobs). I think almighty_tuna's South Port West store idea might be a possibility as well, although I'm not sure how it benefits the metro all that much, aside from providing a new, fancier store.
While I am hoping for the downtown 'NFM stadium' fantasy... my prediction (as I have said in the past) is that they're going to announce plans to begin building superstores all over the country... and the benefit to the metro will be a new, even larger warehouse complex (and of course more warehouse/administrative/support jobs). I think almighty_tuna's South Port West store idea might be a possibility as well, although I'm not sure how it benefits the metro all that much, aside from providing a new, fancier store.
-
Ingersoll1978
- Library Board
- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:27 pm
- Location: Des Moines
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Just by the graphic on the main page...I'd guess a new or remodeled store or distribution center in the Omaha area as well. It's one heck of a long building. If it were somewhere else, it would say that location as well I'd assume.


-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Duh... I didn't even contemplate the graphic.
For what it's worth... the image filename is store.gif .
Kind of like shaking a present sitting under the Christmas tree...huh. Will it be a video iPod? or another pair of socks?
Last edited by eomaha on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Ingersoll1978
- Library Board
- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:27 pm
- Location: Des Moines
Nebraska Furniture Mart
I just hope they aren't going to close their current home for a new mega store (actually...it doesn't really get any bigger???...LOL)...unless it's in the same spot.
-
omahastylee459
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:48 pm
- Location: Nashua, NH
Nebraska Furniture Mart
awwww I wanted it to be a surprise!jhuston wrote:
Duh... I didn't even contemplate the graphic.
For what it's worth... the image filename is store.gif .
Kind of like shaking a present sitting under the Christmas tree...huh. Will it be a video iPod? or another pair of socks?
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Who knows Josh... maybe they'll build something at Mid America Center. 
-
Ingersoll1978
- Library Board
- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:27 pm
- Location: Des Moines
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Yes? That would be nice...but they didn't mention Western Iowa. LOL Heck...they need to combine their Homemakers and flooring and carpeting stores here in one spot.
-
jjjjhskr
- Human Relations
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: O!
Nebraska Furniture Mart
You guys are doing great! Some good laughs this morning. I'm looking forward to the actual news.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Nebraska Furniture Mart
NFM site says press conference started at 10:15 so probably not yet. The waiting game is a cruel mistress!
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Nebraska Furniture Mart
They are going to completely renovate the mega mart. About $11.5 Million.
Before you all lament the lack of a new store by Cabella's or whatever, think about the investment they have in their current location.
Before you all lament the lack of a new store by Cabella's or whatever, think about the investment they have in their current location.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Bob from Omaha wrote:They are going to completely renovate the mega mart. About $11.5 Million.
Before you all lament the lack of a new store by Cabella's or whatever, think about the investment they have in their current location.
Well, that's cool. But MAJOR? Worthy of the governor announcing? I dunno.
-
TechnicalDisaster
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1649
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm
- Location: I got old...
Nebraska Furniture Mart
THAT'S IT?They are going to completely renovate the mega mart. About $11.5 Million.
Before you all lament the lack of a new store by Cabella's or whatever, think about the investment they have in their current location.
They needed the Govener for for that announcement?
What a let-down.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Nebraska Furniture Mart
No kidding... where's the indoor water park next to the sectionals? ;)
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Um...ok. I'm glad they're not leaving a giant void in the center of Omaha by relocating, but I don't see how this is major or will make a new or greater impact on Omaha/Eastern NE any more than their continued operation.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Yeah, what the |expletive|? Talk about a conceited view of themselves.
-
GoWest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 223
- Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:10 pm
- Location: Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Maybe they are announcing that they have Xbox 360's in stock!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110955
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Don't turn this Neg.
It IS 11.5 million that will be spent in an area that they could choose to leave and build new. Then what, a blighted area?
I say good for them. And if they can get the GOV to help them make the anouncment even more power to them.
It IS 11.5 million that will be spent in an area that they could choose to leave and build new. Then what, a blighted area?
I say good for them. And if they can get the GOV to help them make the anouncment even more power to them.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Friends-
What did you really expect? I personally did not get that 'smoked-up' over this one..
Although a Mega-Mart makeover to the tune of $11.5 million is nothing to sneeze at..And as someone else mentioned, at least they are still committed to their central Omaha location..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
What did you really expect? I personally did not get that 'smoked-up' over this one..
Although a Mega-Mart makeover to the tune of $11.5 million is nothing to sneeze at..And as someone else mentioned, at least they are still committed to their central Omaha location..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!