Library Board
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:16 pm
7 brew coffee a national chain similar to scooters will start to open up a few locations around the area. First store is opening up in Lincoln in November.
https://7brew.com/
https://7brew.com/
Home Owners Association
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:46 am
But substantially smaller than Scooter's.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas
First ones: 192nd St @ West Maple, Fremont, Council Bluffs.
Their buildings are prefab, which will cut down on build time.
Their buildings are prefab, which will cut down on build time.
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I am not a coffee drinker, but is there enough demand for all these in addition to all the new Starbucks and Scooters that have gone up?
If I were a coffee drinker, I would rather support Scooters since they are local and from what I understand, around the same price point as 7 Brew.
If I were a coffee drinker, I would rather support Scooters since they are local and from what I understand, around the same price point as 7 Brew.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas
From my perspective in the NW Houston suburbs, both 7Brew and Dutch Bros are busier than Starbucks. I've yet to see a Scooter's here, but I try to keep their name out of my mouth.skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 19, 2025 3:56 pm I am not a coffee drinker, but is there enough demand for all these in addition to all the new Starbucks and Scooters that have gone up?
If I were a coffee drinker, I would rather support Scooters since they are local and from what I understand, around the same price point as 7 Brew.
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
The one in Fremont is moving right along. The building is up.damonhynes wrote: ↑Thu Jun 19, 2025 3:23 pm First ones: 192nd St @ West Maple, Fremont, Council Bluffs.
Their buildings are prefab, which will cut down on build time.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
One just opened in York in the same former Burger King lot as the new Freddy's being built.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Holy |expletive|... Its just coffee!!!
1. Photo from ACCESS Commercial, LLC
1. Photo from ACCESS Commercial, LLC
ACCESS Commercial, LLC wrote:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
That’s crazy. I don’t drink coffee but I’m guessing it’s way overpriced. One thing I don’t understand, I hear younger adults in their 30’s and 40’s always complaining how they don’t have any money and can’t afford housing or a car but then this many people show up and pay for $6 coffee (not sure on the price but prob close)
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Probably more than $6 on averageskinzfan23 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 20, 2026 11:36 pm That’s crazy. I don’t drink coffee but I’m guessing it’s way overpriced. One thing I don’t understand, I hear younger adults in their 30’s and 40’s always complaining how they don’t have any money and can’t afford housing or a car but then this many people show up and pay for $6 coffee (not sure on the price but prob close)
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Home Owners Association
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:14 am
lol are you serious? if you cut out that $6 coffee every day you save about $2,200 annually. This doesn't account for the cost for you to consume another way. In 2025 the average US home sold for around $430,000. Cutting coffee might cover one month mortgage, both complaints are valid. I'm sure 7 brew will be a welcome addition regardless of prices.
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Scaled for the population base, it was similar when they opened in Fremont a few months ago. They blased Fremont business with free drinks before they opened. We had about 40 varieties of drinks delivered 4 times, leading up to opening at where I work.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Planning Board
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis
I hope there was free coffee involved. I've never been to a 7 Brew, but I don't look at their small, metal drive through and think "I bet they serve a good cup of coffee."
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am
I don't know anyone that goes to any coffee place like Starbucks, Scooters, 7Brew, Dutch Bros, etc. daily. It's very much a treat for my family and we'll get it maybe once a month.
When the initial enthusiasm dies down, I'll try 7 Brew, but it's mostly just overly sweet coffee drinks and I typically just drink my coffee black or a flat white espresso.
When the initial enthusiasm dies down, I'll try 7 Brew, but it's mostly just overly sweet coffee drinks and I typically just drink my coffee black or a flat white espresso.
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Someone waited in line for 82 min to get 7 Brew... From the Omaha 7 Brew to the Fremont 7 Brew and Back... IS ONLY 44 MIN!!!!! And again, its only coffee.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
LOL, I don't think anyone really cared about the one they opened in York. But there are also existing stores in like Columbus and Norfolk.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
People line up for the first location of a chain in town. I think it's happened with every new chain to come to town. It'd be nice if people were as excited when a new mom-and-pop private restaurant or coffee shop opened, but I suppose sales and property tax revenue and jobs are sales and property tax revenue and jobs no matter who owns the place.
Library Board
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:46 am
Location: Omaha/Shanghai
I can only imagine what's going to happen when I open up my new creation "8 Brew Coffee".
Steve
City Council
Posts: 106374
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
WorldStreet wrote: ↑Thu Jan 22, 2026 6:07 pm I can only imagine what's going to happen when I open up my new creation "8 Brew Coffee".

Library Board
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:46 am
Location: Omaha/Shanghai
Hmm, I was counting on nobody ever being brilliant enough to think of that...almighty_tuna wrote: ↑Thu Jan 22, 2026 6:12 pmWorldStreet wrote: ↑Thu Jan 22, 2026 6:07 pm I can only imagine what's going to happen when I open up my new creation "8 Brew Coffee".![]()
Steve
Planning Board
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis
9 brews?! Nobody's coming up with 9 brews! Who needs 9 brews? That's too many to keep track of!almighty_tuna wrote: ↑Thu Jan 22, 2026 6:12 pmWorldStreet wrote: ↑Thu Jan 22, 2026 6:07 pm I can only imagine what's going to happen when I open up my new creation "8 Brew Coffee".![]()
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am
I had no idea why they were called 7 Brew, but it's because of their 7 bean variety of espresso blend. I wonder if I could even order a black coffee there.
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am
Also, with Starbucks a stones throw away and Hyper Energy on the opposite side, now all this little area needs is a Dutch Bros to complete the section.
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
Just read on Grow Omaha that another 7 Brew is going to be built at 169th & Harrison next to Taco Bell. If it gets business like the one on West Maple, this is going to be a nightmare. That lot isn’t very big and it’s right off Harrison and a residential road.
Harrison being only 2 lanes west/east (plus the turning lane) isn’t going to help, either.
Good luck to those affected!
Harrison being only 2 lanes west/east (plus the turning lane) isn’t going to help, either.
Good luck to those affected!
County Board
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
they are opening one in CB. I don't get the infatuation, but apparently, they are the new big deal. I think coffee is just more of a social accessory. Like, you show up at a soccer game with cup in hand, and it's like a new watch or purse. People are gonna ask you about your dumb coffee, and you will feel all smug about it, like you were the first to get a new pair of Jordans or something.
Go Cubs Go
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I am not a coffee drinker, so obviously I would oppose, but I can think of a lot better things to spend $7 on.
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
I agree - the kids wanted to try it so we sit through the line a couple of weeks ago... the only "better" thing I'd say they have is it seemed like their pricing was slightly lower than Starbucks and Scooters. However, given the wait, it wasn't worth it IMO. Also, I'd argue that most of the time, none of them are "worth it".skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 24, 2026 8:14 am I am not a coffee drinker, so obviously I would oppose, but I can think of a lot better things to spend $7 on.
It's like going to Panera - I think they have some of the most over-priced food in the market... for what? My wife and pick up a bagel from there a few times a year and on occasion it's on a Saturday morning when all the blue hairs are taking up half the store talking about retirement funds, politics and other nonsense. How people can drop $15-$20 on a lunch in that place is beyond me. But, to each their own!
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am
I was a teenager when my aunt took me to Panera(78th and dodge) around the turn of the century and I loved that place. It wasn't all that expensive and the quality was great. I think for several years Panera was still good and I frequented the Oakview location in the 00s. They are a prime enshitification example.djc311 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 24, 2026 9:23 amI agree - the kids wanted to try it so we sit through the line a couple of weeks ago... the only "better" thing I'd say they have is it seemed like their pricing was slightly lower than Starbucks and Scooters. However, given the wait, it wasn't worth it IMO. Also, I'd argue that most of the time, none of them are "worth it".skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 24, 2026 8:14 am I am not a coffee drinker, so obviously I would oppose, but I can think of a lot better things to spend $7 on.
It's like going to Panera - I think they have some of the most over-priced food in the market... for what? My wife and pick up a bagel from there a few times a year and on occasion it's on a Saturday morning when all the blue hairs are taking up half the store talking about retirement funds, politics and other nonsense. How people can drop $15-$20 on a lunch in that place is beyond me. But, to each their own!
I can't even really consider 7 Brew as a coffee joint. They are first and foremost a dessert for breakfast place. I love Dutch Bros, but I also think it's more about sugary drinks than it is the coffee. We're also getting these Hyper Energy bar and saw they're building another one off 180th and Burke St. They are a treat for me as otherwise I drink my coffee black or a zero sugar energy drink(Ghost, Gorilla Mind, Ryse).
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
djc311 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 24, 2026 9:23 amI agree - the kids wanted to try it so we sat through the line a couple of weeks ago... the only "better" thing I'd say they have is it seemed like their pricing was slightly lower than Starbucks and Scooters. However, given the wait, it wasn't worth it IMO. Also, I'd argue that most of the time, none of them are "worth it".skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 24, 2026 8:14 am I am not a coffee drinker, so obviously I would oppose, but I can think of a lot better things to spend $7 on.
It's like going to Panera - I think they have some of the most over-priced food in the market... for what? My wife and pick up a bagel from there a few times a year and on occasion it's on a Saturday morning when all the blue hairs are taking up half the store talking about retirement funds, politics and other nonsense. How people can drop $15-$20 on a lunch in that place is beyond me. But, to each their own!
City Council
Posts: 8988
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
It will die down as time goes by and more locations open. That happened when they opened a few locations in Lawrence KS over a year ago.
Same with Crumbl here, remember?
Same with Crumbl here, remember?
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Remember in the late 1990's when the first Sonic opened in Omaha on north 90th and the traffic back up down 90th towards Maple.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
I liked Hot N Now on Saddle Creek... that place was kickin' when it first opened as well. Apparently, that must have died off quite quickly LOL.
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
The next time I go to 7 Brew will be the first time.
Same almost goes for most of the other options. Like my Coffee but not paying those prices. All I want is a basic coffee, very occasionally a flavor, and sometimes a little Splenda.
Same almost goes for most of the other options. Like my Coffee but not paying those prices. All I want is a basic coffee, very occasionally a flavor, and sometimes a little Splenda.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
I’m basically a coffee drinker- black, no cream or sugar..I’ll need to try this place and see what the hysteria is all about; I suspect it’s all about sugary, caffeinated beverages masquerading as “coffee”….
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Home Owners Association
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:13 pm
I don't understand why:
1. You would overpay for something that most people can make at home.
2. Why you'd put all the sugar/add ins in your body
3. Mess around with online ordering, then going to take time and drive out of the way, then wait, to pick it up.
4. Afford a $50+ a week coffee habit not factoring in your lost time actually driving to the place.
Is it a fashion accessory? Status Symbol? Cut with hard drugs?
1. You would overpay for something that most people can make at home.
2. Why you'd put all the sugar/add ins in your body
3. Mess around with online ordering, then going to take time and drive out of the way, then wait, to pick it up.
4. Afford a $50+ a week coffee habit not factoring in your lost time actually driving to the place.
Is it a fashion accessory? Status Symbol? Cut with hard drugs?
IT Director
Posts: 10003376
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha
I'm the same way with not liking sugar and cream. But I do like flavored coffee. Bones Coffee has some interesting things and I'm currently going through four bags of different flavors.Omaha Cowboy wrote: ↑Mon Apr 27, 2026 9:15 am I’m basically a coffee drinker- black, no cream or sugar..I’ll need to try this place and see what the hysteria is all about; I suspect it’s all about sugary, caffeinated beverages masquerading as “coffee”….
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm
For me, coffee is like wine. After drinking both for 50 years you kinda know what you like. When people ask me what good wine or coffee they should try, I tell them it’s all about what you like. The best coffee I’ve ever had, for my taste, was from a small farm in Guatemala that I purchased at a farmers market from a relative of the farmer. Coffee is also a morning jump-start for me ( I’m a grouch in the morning until I’ve had my fix). I might try this place, but I kind of doubt whether I’d become a regular, but who knows? For those of you who complain about how much people spend on franchise coffee, I guess everyone has their splurge.
