Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Brad »

looks like a 5 story building, first floor is parking, 4 stories above it , and then several roof top decks.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/07.pdf
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Athomsfere »

While not what I would love to see there, this looks pretty good.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Brad »

This link has some different renderings too:

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/16.pdf

Here are the renderings in that link I posted last night.



Image
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by almighty_tuna »

I looked up where this parcel is located and I sure wouldn't want to live there, stuffed between the driveway of the two Riverfront towers and the Gallup parking lot. Great view of downtown, but the rest? Meh. For an urban part of town there isn't much for walkable amenities unless you count the smorgasbord of vending machines at the base of the Bob.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by ita »

Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?

There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Athomsfere »

ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?

There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
If I was looking when these are selling, I'd consider it at least. Not great access to stuff, but good enough for the Core, really. Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3281
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

almighty_tuna wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:19 pm I looked up where this parcel is located and I sure wouldn't want to live there, stuffed between the driveway of the two Riverfront towers and the Gallup parking lot. Great view of downtown, but the rest? Meh. For an urban part of town there isn't much for walkable amenities unless you count the smorgasbord of vending machines at the base of the Bob.
I concur. I was going to make a comment that the first floor is just a blank wall and commits one of the biggest cardinal sins of good urban design, but the more I thought about it the less it seemed like that would have any consequence in this location. And the neighborhood is not likely to see redevelopment into something more urban either with Gallup and CHI Health Center unlikely to make any significant changes in that direction. That on top of the substantial barrier the RR tracks create.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by ita »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
almighty_tuna wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:19 pm I looked up where this parcel is located and I sure wouldn't want to live there, stuffed between the driveway of the two Riverfront towers and the Gallup parking lot. Great view of downtown, but the rest? Meh. For an urban part of town there isn't much for walkable amenities unless you count the smorgasbord of vending machines at the base of the Bob.
I concur. I was going to make a comment that the first floor is just a blank wall and commits one of the biggest cardinal sins of good urban design, but the more I thought about it the less it seemed like that would have any consequence in this location. And the neighborhood is not likely to see redevelopment into something more urban either with Gallup and CHI Health Center unlikely to make any significant changes in that direction. That on top of the substantial barrier the RR tracks create.
I understand the concerns about this area. It's location is not ideal for those reasons.

Depending on how North Downtown develops, though, Baby Bob will provide easier pedestrian/access access there, not to mention a stop for the streetcar. River's Edge is still developing with additional retail and nature-y facilities and trails. Lewis and Clark Park and the Luminarium is just down the street. And your right on a nice riverfront trail. There are still some nice amenities at your doorstep, even if there isn't any retail nearby. There is still decent chunks of developable land that Gallup owns adjacent to Abbott Drive, so who really knows what that area is going to look like in the next decade or two.
Last edited by ita on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by ita »

Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
Until Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Athomsfere »

ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
Until Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.
I actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by nebport5 »

Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pm
ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
Until Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.
I actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.

I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
"It's just a rendering."
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Athomsfere »

nebport5 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:19 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pm
ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
Until Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.
I actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.

I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
Who?
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by ita »

Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:34 pm
nebport5 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:19 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pm
ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
Until Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.
I actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.

I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
Who?
Regarding Liam...viewtopic.php?p=361146&hilit=omaha+brain+drain#p361146
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013721
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:56 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:34 pm
nebport5 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:19 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pm
ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
Until Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.
I actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.

I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
Who?
Regarding Liam...viewtopic.php?p=361146&hilit=omaha+brain+drain#p361146
“Liam” is becoming as famous on the forum as “60-90 days” or a project getting “Minarded”, lol..

In any case , I like the looks of this project. More residential in the downtown core means more opportunities for amenities like a full service grocery store. I mean, we wouldn’t want “Liam” to drive “all the way” to Council Bluffs for his grocery store needs..would we? :;): …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Athomsfere »

So Liam is like the blandest suburbanite you can imagine?

Source: viewtopic.php?p=360728#p360728

??
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by almighty_tuna »

I was thinking more like a basic b1tch default Sims character
legato9
Home Owners Association
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by legato9 »

Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:01 pm So Liam is like the blandest suburbanite you can imagine?

Source: viewtopic.php?p=360728#p360728

??
Liam is not the blandEST. He’s just super basic. (His cousin Todd is the blandest.)
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Coyote »


Omaha ‘Riverplace’ to break decade-long dearth of newly built condos downtown
Swimming pool atop parking structure stand out feature


OMAHA — A long-vacant property near Omaha’s riverfront is to come alive with a nearly $12 million residential condo project that stands out, in part, for the timing as well as a garage-top swimming pool. The five-story “Riverplace” is believed to be the first new construction condominium structure set to rise downtown in more than a decade.

Image
Riverplace condominiums site shown here as shaded rectangular shape off of Riverfront Drive. (Omaha Planning Department)
halgy
Home Owners Association
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:09 pm
Location: Downtown Omaha

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by halgy »

Can't say that I'm interested in that location myself, but I hope that this development indicates some interest in building other condos downtown. If/when it comes time for me to upsize, I'd like to have some more options than the handful of buildings that we have now.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by nativeomahan »

It’s an interesting looking building (compared with the blandness of so many other projects), and the fact that it is replacing an empty lot is an added bonus.
Having more downtown residents is a big plus.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by nativeomahan »

ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?

There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
Actually the proposal calls for thirteen 3-bedroom units and four 2-bedroom units.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by ita »

nativeomahan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 pm
ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?

There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
Actually the proposal calls for thirteen 3-bedroom units and four 2-bedroom units.
Thanks for the correction. One document said 3 and 4 beds, but the TIF said 2 and 3 beds. Same with the floorplans. I was hoping for a 4 bed, but it's all good.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Coyote »

Riverfront condo project moves forward after approval from Omaha Planning Board

Riverfront condo project moves forward after approval from Omaha Planning Board
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Coyote »

nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by nebport5 »

Is this project still alive?
"It's just a rendering."
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Athomsfere »

nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:44 am Is this project still alive?
I have no updates or insider knowledge.

But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by nebport5 »

Athomsfere wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:59 am
nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:44 am Is this project still alive?
I have no updates or insider knowledge.

But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
Very true.
"It's just a rendering."
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by ita »

nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:49 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:59 am
nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:44 am Is this project still alive?
I have no updates or insider knowledge.

But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
Very true.
Since we haven't seen progress here, and maybe for the better. Just this year, we've seen the announcement of the soccer stadium and mixed used development at the Gallup campus and a possible extension to the backside of CHI. That's an additional $500 million in future development right down the street from this site. Maybe this prompts reevaluation/makes it possible for a larger scale building here?
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Athomsfere »

ita wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:17 pm
nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:49 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:59 am
nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:44 am Is this project still alive?
I have no updates or insider knowledge.

But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
Very true.
Since we haven't seen progress here, and maybe for the better. Just this year, we've seen the announcement of the soccer stadium and mixed used development at the Gallup campus and a possible extension to the backside of CHI. That's an additional $500 million in future development right down the street from this site. Maybe this prompts reevaluation/makes it possible for a larger scale building here?
That would be great news
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Brad »

Looking good this morning:
20240609881A9356.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Renovator2559
Human Relations
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 7:48 pm
Location: Midtown Omaha

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Renovator2559 »

That is such a nice angle and the sun lighting looks good, this showcases riverfront place; nicely. Thanks!
Home sweet, home...Omaha!
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4709
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Garrett »

Planning board has an application for 505 Riverfront Plaza this month, the open plot just to the south of the north tower on the river
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by iamjacobm »

Garrett wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:39 pm Planning board has an application for 505 Riverfront Plaza this month, the open plot just to the south of the north tower on the river
Looks like a handful of townhomes. Mark Sanford is the applicant and this is on his website. https://marksanfordgroup.com/portfolio- ... front-row/
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4709
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by Garrett »

iamjacobm wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:14 pm
Garrett wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:39 pm Planning board has an application for 505 Riverfront Plaza this month, the open plot just to the south of the north tower on the river
Looks like a handful of townhomes. Mark Sanford is the applicant and this is on his website. https://marksanfordgroup.com/portfolio- ... front-row/
That might be an earlier concept, the docs are up and it calls for a 9 unit apartment building instead of 5 townhomes

https://planning.omaha.gov/wp-content/u ... /PB_10.pdf

Edit: yeah, looks like the 5 townhomes were previously rejected in 2020.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4356
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by thenewguy »

bummer. Only 9 units eh?
Go Cubs Go
CrankyOldDude
Home Owners Association
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2026 9:58 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by CrankyOldDude »

I've been gone so long I actually thought that another 10-15 story condo tower was even considered.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by ita »

This is a big bummer. The building drawing looks bad. I know it's not fully rendered, but wowza. Front entrance flanked by garage doors and complete bunker style garage. 22 on site parking spaces for 9 units? I am having a hard time liking anything about this proposal. Prefer the grass pad site versus this. I can't imagine the condo association or owners supporting this.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by almighty_tuna »

Oh, c'mon! They're just trying to bring the flavor of Avenue One to the river!
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3281
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

ita wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:21 pm This is a big bummer. The building drawing looks bad. I know it's not fully rendered, but wowza. Front entrance flanked by garage doors and complete bunker style garage. 22 on site parking spaces for 9 units? I am having a hard time liking anything about this proposal. Prefer the grass pad site versus this. I can't imagine the condo association or owners supporting this.
Agreed. This is not a great proposal.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)

Post by nebport5 »

almighty_tuna wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:31 pm Oh, c'mon! They're just trying to bring the flavor of Avenue One to the river!
Ironically, the name Avenue One would make more sense here.

Maybe for good measure they should call this project Elkhorn Flats at Avenue One-Ninety-One.
"It's just a rendering."