1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
beachbum
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm

1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?

Post by beachbum »

I have not been back to the Big O for about 15 years, but poking around on google earth noted an August 2022 image of this fantastic old, red brick and grey stone, turreted mansion gutted out with obvious new work taking place inside a chain link construction fence.

Back in mid 90's I was in property management and handled this property for years. It had beautiful woodwork and lots of fireplaces, unfortunately rather poorly divided up into multiple small apartments, and fairly run down. I am very curious to learn what is being done with it, and hopefully follow it's progress.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: 1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?

Post by iamjacobm »

If this is the property you ar referring to it is being renovated as affordable housing.

viewtopic.php?p=358703&hilit=georgia#p358703
beachbum
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: 1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?

Post by beachbum »

It is! I must have mis-remembered the address... Very cool, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I am glad it did not get bulldozed.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: 1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

It is a unique property..

Back in the 1990’s, I lived in this general area and there were (and still are) many unique old properties still maintained and standing…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!