Target

News and releases from metro area businesses
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Target

Post by Greg S »

User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Target

Post by skinzfan23 »

Doesn’t look a whole lot different
TransitOriented
Library Board
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Re: Target

Post by TransitOriented »

skinzfan23 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:43 pm Doesn’t look a whole lot different
It's got a shiny concrete floor
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: Target

Post by Greg S »

For me the biggest takeways were Target is going back to bigger stores, and windows.

Greg
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Target

Post by djc311 »

I miss growing up near the original Target on Saddle Creek. I spent a lot of my summer breaks from school down there before I could work. I actually enjoyed the restaurant area where you could sit down and get a hot dog. Ha, the "olden days".
Dusty
Human Relations
Posts: 794
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 am
Location: Central Florida

Re: Target

Post by Dusty »

I recently went inside one these new small format or tiny Target stores while on vacation. I didn't know they were building these. I don't believe Nebraska has any. They are a 1/3 of the size of their typical store. Seems like they are building most near college campuses. Anyone else been in these "neighborhood stores?"
Omaha's Transit Future starts now. Let's make the change!
Omaha Transit Network
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Target

Post by ChadJK »

Dusty wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:40 pm I recently went inside one these new small format or tiny Target stores while on vacation. I didn't know they were building these. I don't believe Nebraska has any. They are a 1/3 of the size of their typical store. Seems like they are building most near college campuses. Anyone else been in these "neighborhood stores?"
We went in what I think was one of these in downtown Chicago. It was a Target, but without most of the apparel and shoes section. It felt more like a Walgreens than a Target.

https://www.target.com/sl/chicago-river-north/3402
Dusty
Human Relations
Posts: 794
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 am
Location: Central Florida

Re: Target

Post by Dusty »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:51 pm
Dusty wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:40 pm I recently went inside one these new small format or tiny Target stores while on vacation. I didn't know they were building these. I don't believe Nebraska has any. They are a 1/3 of the size of their typical store. Seems like they are building most near college campuses. Anyone else been in these "neighborhood stores?"
We went in what I think was one of these in downtown Chicago. It was a Target, but without most of the apparel and shoes section. It felt more like a Walgreens than a Target.

https://www.target.com/sl/chicago-river-north/3402
Yes, that's the vibe I got. A super charged Walgreens with a small grocery side.
Omaha's Transit Future starts now. Let's make the change!
Omaha Transit Network
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Target

Post by GenX »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:51 pm
Dusty wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:40 pm I recently went inside one these new small format or tiny Target stores while on vacation. I didn't know they were building these. I don't believe Nebraska has any. They are a 1/3 of the size of their typical store. Seems like they are building most near college campuses. Anyone else been in these "neighborhood stores?"
We went in what I think was one of these in downtown Chicago. It was a Target, but without most of the apparel and shoes section. It felt more like a Walgreens than a Target.

https://www.target.com/sl/chicago-river-north/3402
Target has a very small-format store in Ocean Beach (San Diego).
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Target

Post by Athomsfere »

Dusty wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:40 pm I recently went inside one these new small format or tiny Target stores while on vacation. I didn't know they were building these. I don't believe Nebraska has any. They are a 1/3 of the size of their typical store. Seems like they are building most near college campuses. Anyone else been in these "neighborhood stores?"
I remember one in San Francisco that felt like it was from the EU. Way less stuff overall, and split over multiple floors.

Not sure if that's the format you saw.