Obviously, the numbers are misleading somewhat, because the majority of TIF ($68.6 Million was awarded to Mutual, which is building our first new skyscraper since 2004)From 2015 to 2021, total TIF approvals averaged $42.3 million per year.
Since 2000, the highest single-year total was in 2016. Thirty projects yielded nearly $70 million in TIF loans that year.
Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11628
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
Omaha had record-breaking year in 2022 with $159 million in TIF loans
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
Obviously partisan news.
You'd expect in a city with TIF, every year would be be the record as the city grows and inflation does too.
Also, this maybe belongs in Discussion?
You'd expect in a city with TIF, every year would be be the record as the city grows and inflation does too.
Also, this maybe belongs in Discussion?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036554
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
If you want to hear it straight from the city, you can start watching this video at the 30:05 mark and it runs through the 45:40, then some people talk.
Then at 54:25 TIF is clarified. If you don't understand TIF, start watching at the 54:25 mark.
Then at 54:25 TIF is clarified. If you don't understand TIF, start watching at the 54:25 mark.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Re: Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
What if I dont understand TIF but simultaneously DON'T want to understand TIF, because then I might realize all my blustering was ill-informed all this time and if I'm wrong about that I could also be wrong about other things...? Did you think about that, Brad? Did you?
Stable genius.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
Wow, Brad, I can't believe you've done this...Big E wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:43 amWhat if I dont understand TIF but simultaneously DON'T want to understand TIF, because then I might realize all my blustering was ill-informed all this time and if I'm wrong about that I could also be wrong about other things...? Did you think about that, Brad? Did you?
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4330
- Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
- Location: Council Bluffs
Re: Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
won't someone *please* think of the children?Big E wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:43 amWhat if I dont understand TIF but simultaneously DON'T want to understand TIF, because then I might realize all my blustering was ill-informed all this time and if I'm wrong about that I could also be wrong about other things...? Did you think about that, Brad? Did you?
Go Cubs Go
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
I was told children are TIF exempt.thenewguy wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:12 amwon't someone *please* think of the children?Big E wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:43 amWhat if I dont understand TIF but simultaneously DON'T want to understand TIF, because then I might realize all my blustering was ill-informed all this time and if I'm wrong about that I could also be wrong about other things...? Did you think about that, Brad? Did you?
Joke aside, I love TIF. It might not be perfect, but it's a fine tool.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036554
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Record $159 Million in TIF Awarded in 2022
LOL! No, I didn't think about being wrong about other things. I do think there are people that refuse to learn about it because they have been griping about it so long...Big E wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:43 amWhat if I dont understand TIF but simultaneously DON'T want to understand TIF, because then I might realize all my blustering was ill-informed all this time and if I'm wrong about that I could also be wrong about other things...? Did you think about that, Brad? Did you?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto