City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Said the Kum and Go musta got up and went.

Stable genius.
Library Board
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Home Owners Association
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:09 pm
Location: Downtown Omaha
It might just be the rendering, but that looks like an airport lounge, not a sports bar.
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
Yeah, pretty dull
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Home Owners Association
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:25 pm
That looks like the food court at the Scott Center at UNO.
That can't be the actual design?!
That can't be the actual design?!
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I would hope that isn't the design. I thought it looked like a cafeteria as well. I do know that they planned a video wall or something along those lines. I still can't believe they didn't make a push to open this year to take advantage of the Creighton games and concerts.
Library Board
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 am
Location: Omaha Metro Area
It's not so much the setup, but the personnel that goes into making a good sports bar.
1) the employees know how to operate the TVs
2) they won't change the channel on you every 5 minutes
1) the employees know how to operate the TVs
2) they won't change the channel on you every 5 minutes
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
I'm thinking lunch room at Metro Community College.
There was a news story I came across online covering this new place. The description of being 2-stories as well as the # of TVs (and sizes) make it sound cool. But I don't know how they turn those renderings into a cool sports bar vibe.
https://www.keloland.com/news/local-new ... maha-next/
Any guesses on how long it takes after they open to have some sort of violent altercation outside?
County Board
Posts: 4747
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
From this week's grow Omaha weekly report:
Two new bars are coming to the Capitol District near 10th & Capitol Avenue downtown. The yet-to-be-announced bars – from Iowa City and Des Moines, Iowa – will occupy a combined 7,500 sq. ft. in the same building as Texas de Brazil. One is a martini bar and the other will be music themed. Interior build-out will start soon. On the opposite end of that building, construction is well underway on Let It Fly, a sports bar from Sioux Falls, S.D.
Speaking of the Capitol District, Frank’s Pizzeria is planning to open in the former Lighthouse Pizza space this spring. We recently announced that Frank’s is also expanding to Nebraska Crossing in Gretna. Frank’s has existing locations at 132nd & West Dodge Road and in Ralston.
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
All good news for the Capitol District.ita wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:30 pm From this week's grow Omaha weekly report:
Two new bars are coming to the Capitol District near 10th & Capitol Avenue downtown. The yet-to-be-announced bars – from Iowa City and Des Moines, Iowa – will occupy a combined 7,500 sq. ft. in the same building as Texas de Brazil. One is a martini bar and the other will be music themed. Interior build-out will start soon. On the opposite end of that building, construction is well underway on Let It Fly, a sports bar from Sioux Falls, S.D.
Speaking of the Capitol District, Frank’s Pizzeria is planning to open in the former Lighthouse Pizza space this spring. We recently announced that Frank’s is also expanding to Nebraska Crossing in Gretna. Frank’s has existing locations at 132nd & West Dodge Road and in Ralston.
Library Board
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm
Franks was semi-recently bought I believe. It's basic New York big slices. I think it would do very well in a nightlife location.
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
Library Board
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Here are the websites for the two new bars coming to The capitol District. Should give the district a little more life.
https://roxxyic.com
https://stuffedolivedsm.com
https://roxxyic.com
https://stuffedolivedsm.com
County Board
Posts: 4336
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
We ate at Frank's out on 132nd area... pretty good. Nothing compares to New York pizza from New York (John's of Bleeker Street is the best pizza in the world, IMO) but it's a very reasonable facsimile. I haven't had Zios in about 20 years, so I'd be hard pressed to tell you which is better. But I think it's great they are going to be in the capitol district
Go Cubs Go
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
I'd have to give Frank's the edge on that one.thenewguy wrote: ↑Mon May 01, 2023 8:36 amWe ate at Frank's out on 132nd area... pretty good. Nothing compares to New York pizza from New York (John's of Bleeker Street is the best pizza in the world, IMO) but it's a very reasonable facsimile. I haven't had Zios in about 20 years, so I'd be hard pressed to tell you which is better. But I think it's great they are going to be in the capitol district
Home Owners Association
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:43 pm
Location: Downtown Omaha
Didn't see it mentioned here but Frank's is open in the Capitol District. I had a pizza from there last night, liked it very much (better than Lighthouse), also nice that it's open until 2am. Hopefully it's successful.
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
I like their late night hours. Maybe a place to stop after my frequent 11 pm flights into Eppley.
County Board
Posts: 4336
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
Drove by the other day and the putt-putt place looks really cool on the inside, too. hopefully it opens soon, i'd love to check it out
Go Cubs Go
County Board
Posts: 4747
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
It was reported in the MBJ that Deloitte moved into their new Capitol District digs at the end of April. It stated that brings 200 employees to the district, though it didn't mention how will be there on a daily basis. Anyway, this is a nice pickup for the Capitol District.
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Definitely nice to have another late night option. Especially in the downtown area outside of the Okd Market..
Much needed…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
My oldest son is in DECA at Central, and Deloitte hosted them in their offices earlier this week. They just walked down from school. He said the offices were really really nice. Also said Deloitte provided pizza so I am betting it was from Frank's (he didn't know for sure).ita wrote: ↑Thu May 18, 2023 8:59 am It was reported in the MBJ that Deloitte moved into their new Capitol District digs at the end of April. It stated that brings 200 employees to the district, though it didn't mention how will be there on a daily basis. Anyway, this is a nice pickup for the Capitol District.
Greg
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Photographer
Posts: 1036568
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
I believe there will be several of my photos in there too!skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:55 am Saw on Facebook that Let It Fly is opening on June 16. They have a 48’ LED screen above the bar!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
County Board
Posts: 4336
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
Holy |expletive| that's a big screen!skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:55 am Saw on Facebook that Let It Fly is opening on June 16. They have a 48’ LED screen above the bar!
![]()
Go Cubs Go
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I still remember when DJs downtown opened they had a 100” plasma tv (not sure if it’s still there) but the cost was around $40,000
County Board
Posts: 4336
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
it's incredible how far technology has come in that time... My oldest boy is a big sports nut and when I showed him that screen, he asked when we were going to get a bigger tv at home (haha)skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:25 am I still remember when DJs downtown opened they had a 100” plasma tv (not sure if it’s still there) but the cost was around $40,000
Go Cubs Go
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
Good luck to that staff working out the kinks during the CWS.
Home Owners Association
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am
The Capitol District has always been slow during the CWS. A place like this will help but it will take a lot to get people away from the Mattress Factory and the Blatt. It sounds like they are going to have special guests all week and that could help.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: The Big O
Perhaps Capitol District will see a lot better traffic when the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament comes to town.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
Library Board
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 am
Location: Omaha Metro Area
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I saw it on the KETV last night and it does look really impressive. Hope they are successful.
By the way that screen is impressive.
By the way that screen is impressive.
Home Owners Association
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: Omaha
No it sure don't. Its even larger in person and when its not divided in to 3 screens.
Toto
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am
I’m not sold on the place. We stopped in last night to watch the end of Florida/Virginia. The atmosphere is nice - the place looks cool, no doubt. The pricing is crazy though. It’s a sports bar that wants 19 dollars for a cheeseburger, 58 dollars for a steak (which is higher than J Gilbert’s next door), 24 dollars for a chicken tender salad, etc.. There are enough sports bars in the area where I can see that being a turn off. Maybe they’re able to make it solely on drinks, but to us it’s not the place to grab something to eat while watching a game.
Human Relations
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm
Location: Midtown Omaha
Though some people care about convenience and are willing to go to the closest, as for people that want better food options; they can walk to downtown to experience better food. I see people from CWS flowing nicely to downtown.NEDodger wrote: ↑Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:53 am I’m not sold on the place. We stopped in last night to watch the end of Florida/Virginia. The atmosphere is nice - the place looks cool, no doubt. The pricing is crazy though. It’s a sports bar that wants 19 dollars for a cheeseburger, 58 dollars for a steak (which is higher than J Gilbert’s next door), 24 dollars for a chicken tender salad, etc.. There are enough sports bars in the area where I can see that being a turn off. Maybe they’re able to make it solely on drinks, but to us it’s not the place to grab something to eat while watching a game.
The difference in quality and price encourages for people to spread out more.
Home sweet, home...Omaha!
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Here is another picture of the video board from the OWH:


Library Board
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm
How has Capitol looked in general over the CWS? Now that we are truly post-Covid and a lot more is open, I am sure they are hoping for some traffic.
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
We went there yesterday between games. The courtyard area or whatever you call it was pretty dead. I am pretty sure because of the heat.
We ended up at Annie's Irish Pub. It was full but not packed. Lots of LSU fans.
We had tried going to Let It Fly. First, it's very very nice inside. It's a big place. Definitely upscale for a sports bar. It was full again but not crowded. One in my party really wanted to eat there but it was a 40 minute wait to be seated and we didn't have that much time. I wasn't sure I wanted to as I had heard about the prices.
I am in both Omaha Food Lover's and Omaha Food Lover's Uncensored on Facebook. Both groups have very active posts on Let It Fly. For the most part people are really surprised on the high prices. $19 ($22 if you want bacon) for a cheeseburger and fries. $58 for 16 oz NY Strip and Fries.
These are their normal prices, it wasn't event pricing we were told. I figure they will do well with the Creighton basketball crowd but outside of that I think they are going to really struggle.
Greg
Human Relations
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
Location: O!
I checked it out last Friday and just had a beer. Prices are higher but it’s a cool place and may be worth the extra $. Have heard the food isn’t that great m but I would be they get that figured out soon.
Back Home in Omaha!
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Thanks for the "review" of Let It Fly. I want to go there too, but not sure about those prices. It is weird though b/c their other 2 locations (Sioux Falls and Germantown, TN) both have burgers in the $13-15 range and pizza for $15.Greg S wrote: ↑Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:12 amWe went there yesterday between games. The courtyard area or whatever you call it was pretty dead. I am pretty sure because of the heat.
We ended up at Annie's Irish Pub. It was full but not packed. Lots of LSU fans.
We had tried going to Let It Fly. First, it's very very nice inside. It's a big place. Definitely upscale for a sports bar. It was full again but not crowded. One in my party really wanted to eat there but it was a 40 minute wait to be seated and we didn't have that much time. I wasn't sure I wanted to as I had heard about the prices.
I am in both Omaha Food Lover's and Omaha Food Lover's Uncensored on Facebook. Both groups have very active posts on Let It Fly. For the most part people are really surprised on the high prices. $19 ($22 if you want bacon) for a cheeseburger and fries. $58 for 16 oz NY Strip and Fries.
These are their normal prices, it wasn't event pricing we were told. I figure they will do well with the Creighton basketball crowd but outside of that I think they are going to really struggle.
Greg
When I go to the Omaha location website, it does show "baseball" menu, so maybe it is just a temporary smaller, more expensive menu. Hopefully that is the case, b/c I am not sure how long it would survive with $19 burgers and $58 new york strip.







