Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036575
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by Brad »

Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations
Grow Omaha wrote:Twin Peaks sports bar plans to return to the Omaha market, according to Trenton B. Magid of NAI NP Dodge, who is representing the Kansas-based franchisee in securing two planned Omaha locations. The restaurant needs 6,000 to 8,000 sq. ft. and will consider existing buildings or pad sites for new buildings. The Dallas-based chain has nearly 100 locations.
https://growomaha.com/weekly-market-rep ... MPCXXII8aE
ricko
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by ricko »

A sports bar with “scenery”.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by ChadJK »

My wife was friends with one of the assistant managers at the 173rd & Center location several years ago. So, we stopped in for a bit and got to talking with her and asked all those question you always wondered (how is this legal and how are you not sued?). Perhaps some of it has changed in the years since, but this is the rundown we got.

They're not waitresses. They're models/actors that serve food.

They don't go to an interview. They go to an audition.

Front, side, and back photos are taken and sent to corporate for approval before hiring.

If one of the waitresses no longer meets body standards they're given a warning and a period of time to get in shape. Twine Peaks even pays for gym membership. If they don't get back into standards they're released.

Even when they appear to be wearing lingerie (they tend to do that around Valentine's Day) they have underwear on under the underwear. So, lingerie isn't technically lingerie if you're wearing underwear under it. So, lacey underwear with an even skimpier pair underneath. That's how they skirt local laws about being in public in their underwear.

They can never wear their uniform to or from work. There's a changing room on-site.

Fascinating stuff. :)
Dusty
Human Relations
Posts: 790
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 am
Location: Central Florida

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Dusty »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:34 pm Even when they appear to be wearing lingerie (they tend to do that around Valentine's Day) they have underwear on under the underwear. So, lingerie isn't technically lingerie if you're wearing underwear under it. So, lacey underwear with an even skimpier pair underneath. That's how they skirt local laws about being in public in their underwear.

They can never wear their uniform to or from work. There's a changing room on-site.
For some reason, Superman popped in my head when I read this.

Superman: You see...I wear underwear under my underwear! I just change in the phone booth.
Us: Umm! Yah, that is super cool, dude!
Omaha's Transit Future starts now. Let's make the change!
Omaha Transit Network
onelocalfoods
Home Owners Association
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by onelocalfoods »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:34 pm My wife was friends with one of the assistant managers at the 173rd & Center location several years ago. So, we stopped in for a bit and got to talking with her and asked all those question you always wondered (how is this legal and how are you not sued?). Perhaps some of it has changed in the years since, but this is the rundown we got.

They're not waitresses. They're models/actors that serve food.

They don't go to an interview. They go to an audition.

Front, side, and back photos are taken and sent to corporate for approval before hiring.

If one of the waitresses no longer meets body standards they're given a warning and a period of time to get in shape. Twine Peaks even pays for gym membership. If they don't get back into standards they're released.

Even when they appear to be wearing lingerie (they tend to do that around Valentine's Day) they have underwear on under the underwear. So, lingerie isn't technically lingerie if you're wearing underwear under it. So, lacey underwear with an even skimpier pair underneath. That's how they skirt local laws about being in public in their underwear.

They can never wear their uniform to or from work. There's a changing room on-site.

Fascinating stuff. :)

Yeah I watched Ocean's 13 also...but did you say "fascinating stuff" just like they did at that part of the movie?
Trips1
Home Owners Association
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Trips1 »

Average Twin Peaks does $6 million a year in sales with the Omaha location having a very good following. They are rapidly expanding as they want to IPO in the next year.
ProgKingHughesker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 am

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by ProgKingHughesker »

Wouldn't be surprised if the old Granite City behind Westroads is one of the locations
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110966
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by nebugeater »

Wouldn't the title on the thread indicate "two" without the part after the - ;)
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:59 am

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:34 pm

They can never wear their uniform to or from work. There's a changing room on-site.

Fascinating stuff. :)
The "models" used to pop in to Baker's to buy cigarettes. They were in their Daisy Dukes, flannel tops and boots. Maybe they were on break, but they were definitely in costume. It was all I could do to keep the guys from staring.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by ChadJK »

TheSeventhBrat wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:36 am The "models" used to pop in to Baker's to buy cigarettes. They were in their Daisy Dukes, flannel tops and boots. Maybe they were on break, but they were definitely in costume. It was all I could do to keep the guys from staring.
That would be my assumption. If I were in their place (there's a scary image) I would get a kick out visiting nearby businesses on my break and watching the male employees trip over themselves. lol
TransitOriented
Library Board
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by TransitOriented »

ProgKingHughesker wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:43 pm Wouldn't be surprised if the old Granite City behind Westroads is one of the locations
Would need a hefty remodel. The bar area isn't conducive to their typical layout.

Westroads Granite City is almost plug-and-play for some other real or faux brewpub.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036575
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Brad »

TransitOriented wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:56 pm Westroads Granite City is almost plug-and-play for some other real or faux brewpub.
I would argue granite city is way too big for most restaurants and brew pubs. It would really take a big operation to need that much space.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by ChadJK »

Brad wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:05 pm I would argue granite city is way too big for most restaurants and brew pubs. It would really take a big operation to need that much space.
Maybe Isla Del Mar can use it for their third location. lol Have you been in their 132nd & Center location? It's absurdly huge for a restaurant.

The Twin Peaks on West Center Road wasn't especially busy toward the end. There was rarely a wait to be seated and the lunch crowd was pretty lame. I think the glory days of these places are behind us. They're going to need to rely more heavily on being a good restaurant and bar, with good food, and attentive service. That's not something they're historically good at. (I don't just mean Twin Peaks - Hooters too).
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110966
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:20 pm
Brad wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:05 pm I would argue granite city is way too big for most restaurants and brew pubs. It would really take a big operation to need that much space.
Maybe Isla Del Mar can use it for their third location. lol Have you been in their 132nd & Center location? It's absurdly huge for a restaurant.

The Twin Peaks on West Center Road wasn't especially busy toward the end. There was rarely a wait to be seated and the lunch crowd was pretty lame. I think the glory days of these places are behind us. They're going to need to rely more heavily on being a good restaurant and bar, with good food, and attentive service. That's not something they're historically good at. (I don't just mean Twin Peaks - Hooters too).
Never been in the new Hooters, but when I drive by on the interstate quite often, there seem to be plenty of cars in the lot. No idea if equals busy and maybe they are all workers!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Honestly, all things considered, I’m surprised a place like Twin Peaks (or Hooters) is still a thing..

Give me a quality place that serves good food at reasonable prices with a friendly wait staff..That is all that’s required..

Imo at least…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
TransitOriented
Library Board
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by TransitOriented »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:33 am Honestly, all things considered, I’m surprised a place like Twin Peaks (or Hooters) is still a thing..

Give me a quality place that serves good food at reasonable prices with a friendly wait staff..That is all that’s required..

Imo at least…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
You basically described Twin Peaks. Incredibly friendly staff. Food was good. I used to go often, but the way they handled UFC events stopped me from ever going back. I've never been to the Hooters in Sarpy, so cannot comment.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4939
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Louie »

I find these establishments tacky as heck and usually just full of desperate clientele. Though, if the workers make good money for what they do, good for them.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

TransitOriented wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:42 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:33 am Honestly, all things considered, I’m surprised a place like Twin Peaks (or Hooters) is still a thing..

Give me a quality place that serves good food at reasonable prices with a friendly wait staff..That is all that’s required..

Imo at least…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
You basically described Twin Peaks. Incredibly friendly staff. Food was good. I used to go often, but the way they handled UFC events stopped me from ever going back. I've never been to the Hooters in Sarpy, so cannot comment.
I never felt that way the handful of times I went there. The food was “Meh”..and their tap selection of beer was even more “meh”..

For me, personally, I could do without wait staff women waiting on my table dressed in scantily attired outfits..

Just give me a straight ahead sports bar or tap room with a nice selection of craft beer on tap, good food, and a friendly wait staff that doesn’t need to look like they just walked off of the Project Runway “swimsuit edition” set.. Now that does describe Omaha Tap House to a tee- which is my kind of place…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Louie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:46 pm I find these establishments tacky as heck and usually just full of desperate clientele. Though, if the workers make good money for what they do, good for them.
Word..

On both points…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by ChadJK »

The wait staff as these places do one thing that is a huge pet peeve of mine. They come over to your table and then sit down at it while taking your order. Maybe that's suppose to be flirtatious or something. It annoys the heck out of me. I suppose there's some demographic of men that just finds that thrilling, but I have no delusions about the waitperson-customer relationship. I also know they're flirty because that's how they get big tips not because they're actually remotely interested in me. Some men seem to struggle with that idea.

Usually, it feels like I'm getting mediocre food at elevated prices with inattentive service that thinks as long as they wink at me I'll forget I've been waiting 15 minutes on a refill.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by djc311 »

I'm married and have 4 girls - haven't been to Hooters or Twin Peaks in years... but to be fair, isn't part of the "experience" at these places all of the things many are saying are "tacky", "weird", etc?

I mean wouldn't most people that plan on visiting one of these establishments expect the service and experience to be exactly as described above? I totally understand people have the rights to make their own decisions in dining, bars, and so forth - but to somewhat complain of the environment and staff is a little unfair, don't you think? And, truth - I do not nor have not had any family, friends, etc work at any of these places. I'm just making an observation that if you visit a Twin Peaks aren't you somewhat expecting the wait staff to be dressed in very tiny outfits and also likely baiting for tips?

It would be like complaining about getting a burger at a stripper joint because there are strippers there - when you knew up front the name of the establishment was "half naked stripper girls that happens to have a kitchen that servers burgers and other fried foods". If people can make a living out of it and consumers support it then more power to them!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

djc311 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:34 pm I totally understand people have the rights to make their own decisions in dining, bars, and so forth - but to somewhat complain of the environment and staff is a little unfair, don't you think? And, truth - I do not nor have not had any family, friends, etc work at any of these places. I'm just making an observation that if you visit a Twin Peaks aren't you somewhat expecting the wait staff to be dressed in very tiny outfits and also likely baiting for tips?

It would be like complaining about getting a burger at a stripper joint because there are strippers there - when you knew up front the name of the establishment was "half naked stripper girls that happens to have a kitchen that servers burgers and other fried foods". If people can make a living out of it and consumers support it then more power to them!
I see your point- kind of. It’s a stretch though..

I think if you replaced the word “complain” with personal preference, it’d drive home what you’re getting at a bit better. I don’t read any “complaining” about places like Twin Peaks here..just personal preference or opinion..and there is nothing wrong or unfair with either imo :)…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by djc311 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:13 am
djc311 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:34 pm I totally understand people have the rights to make their own decisions in dining, bars, and so forth - but to somewhat complain of the environment and staff is a little unfair, don't you think? And, truth - I do not nor have not had any family, friends, etc work at any of these places. I'm just making an observation that if you visit a Twin Peaks aren't you somewhat expecting the wait staff to be dressed in very tiny outfits and also likely baiting for tips?

It would be like complaining about getting a burger at a stripper joint because there are strippers there - when you knew up front the name of the establishment was "half naked stripper girls that happens to have a kitchen that servers burgers and other fried foods". If people can make a living out of it and consumers support it then more power to them!
I see your point- kind of. It’s a stretch though..

I think if you replaced the word “complain” with personal preference, it’d drive home what you’re getting at a bit better. I don’t read any “complaining” about places like Twin Peaks here..just personal preference or opinion..and there is nothing wrong or unfair with either imo :)…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
That’s fair - I agree with what you’re saying.
Trips1
Home Owners Association
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Trips1 »

From a July 13th article it looks like one location in Omaha and one in Lincoln.

"The new ADA will include Twin Peaks lodges in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska; West Des Moines, Iowa; and Tulsa, Oklahoma. 3B Lodge is currently determining which new market it will enter first and exploring real estate options for each of the four new locations."

https://www.fsrmagazine.com/content/twi ... r-3b-lodge
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110966
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by nebugeater »

There was mention of this on a Facebook group. Anyone have any update on Location(s) or time line
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036575
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:29 pm There was mention of this on a Facebook group. Anyone have any update on Location(s) or time line
Grow Omaha has the location for Omaha and will be announcing it soon.
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks - Two New Omaha Locations

Post by GenX »

Brad wrote: Fri Apr 11, 2025 9:50 pm
nebugeater wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:29 pm There was mention of this on a Facebook group. Anyone have any update on Location(s) or time line
Grow Omaha has the location for Omaha and will be announcing it soon.
It’s on the news briefs page https://growomaha.com/news-briefs/
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036575
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by Brad »

EricHaley wrote: Sat Apr 12, 2025 5:56 pm
Brad wrote: Fri Apr 11, 2025 9:50 pm
nebugeater wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:29 pm There was mention of this on a Facebook group. Anyone have any update on Location(s) or time line
Grow Omaha has the location for Omaha and will be announcing it soon.
It’s on the news briefs page https://growomaha.com/news-briefs/
Yep, west village pointe. Trenton wanted to wait and announce it in this mornings show.
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by OverlookedFarm »

What's the progress on the VP location?

Twin Peaks just went tits up.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/twin-peak ... tcy-filing
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by djc311 »

Wow, wouldn't that be something - if they basically finished that new building and never open the doors. Worse than Burger Detour!
Stan
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by Stan »

It's a nice building they've put up out there, but I won't ever go there. I only went to their old location once when my first born was little and my wife was encouraging a guys night out. I have no problem with the concept, but the same with Hooters, it kind of feels like I'm supposed to tip more just because the women are scantily clad and I have trouble justifying that in my mind.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110966
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by nebugeater »

djc311 wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 5:25 pm Wow, wouldn't that be something - if they basically finished that new building and never open the doors. Worse than Burger Detour!
Slow down there

COMPLETLY different than Burger Detour.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by djc311 »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 6:47 pm
djc311 wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 5:25 pm Wow, wouldn't that be something - if they basically finished that new building and never open the doors. Worse than Burger Detour!
Slow down there

COMPLETLY different than Burger Detour.
Agreed - but man, that would not be good. Speaking of this place, is the Hooters still open over near Cabela's? I thought they were going through some troubled times as well.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by ChadJK »

Stan wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 6:45 pm ...it kind of feels like I'm supposed to tip more just because the women are scantily clad and I have trouble justifying that in my mind.
I feel the same. I especially don't care for that thing they do where they come and sit down at your table with you to take your order. I get it. That's the shtick. However, I'm not some pathetic simp so desperate for a woman's attention that I'm going to interpret these flirt-for-a-tip actions as anything genuine. Like, maybe if I tip big enough I have a chance. lol So, mostly they annoy me. Just wait on my table please.
User avatar
WorldStreet
Library Board
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:46 am
Location: Omaha/Shanghai

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by WorldStreet »

OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 4:59 pm What's the progress on the VP location?

Twin Peaks just went tits up.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/twin-peak ... tcy-filing
Near the end of that article, I chuckled a bit when I read this: "The chain is known for its sports-focused atmosphere, made-from-scratch menu items and lodge-style decor".
Steve
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003384
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by BRoss »

OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 4:59 pm What's the progress on the VP location?

Twin Peaks just went tits up.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/twin-peak ... tcy-filing
Grow Omaha said that they still plan to open the VP location next month.
Grow Omaha wrote: Twin Hospitality Group Inc., the parent company of Twin Peaks Restaurant, has commenced voluntary chapter 11 proceedings. The filing is intended to reduce debt, maximize value for stakeholders and support long-term growth of its restaurant brands. The restaurant still plans to open its brand-new Omaha location next month in the Village Pointe West development. Founded in 2005, Twin Peaks has 114 locations in the United States and Mexico.
swgiust
Library Board
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by swgiust »

Corporate bars tend to suck anyway. There are plenty of good, locally owned, and less expensive places in Omaha to go.
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by damonhynes »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 9:44 pm
Stan wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 6:45 pm ...it kind of feels like I'm supposed to tip more just because the women are scantily clad and I have trouble justifying that in my mind.
I feel the same. I especially don't care for that thing they do where they come and sit down at your table with you to take your order. I get it. That's the shtick. However, I'm not some pathetic simp so desperate for a woman's attention that I'm going to interpret these flirt-for-a-tip actions as anything genuine. Like, maybe if I tip big enough I have a chance. lol So, mostly they annoy me. Just wait on my table please.
At the location my wife and I frequent, Houston (Shenandoah, to be precise), they've never sat down to take our orders. Nor do they flirt. And that's fine. Considering they're probably one-third my age...
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by GenX »

I went once and there were no twins. Zero stars. /s
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Twin Peaks (West Village Pointe)

Post by ChadJK »

damonhynes wrote: Thu Jan 29, 2026 7:03 pm
ChadJK wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 9:44 pm
Stan wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 6:45 pm ...it kind of feels like I'm supposed to tip more just because the women are scantily clad and I have trouble justifying that in my mind.
I feel the same. I especially don't care for that thing they do where they come and sit down at your table with you to take your order. I get it. That's the shtick. However, I'm not some pathetic simp so desperate for a woman's attention that I'm going to interpret these flirt-for-a-tip actions as anything genuine. Like, maybe if I tip big enough I have a chance. lol So, mostly they annoy me. Just wait on my table please.
At the location my wife and I frequent, Houston (Shenandoah, to be precise), they've never sat down to take our orders. Nor do they flirt. And that's fine. Considering they're probably one-third my age...
They never sit down when the wife is there. They do it when you're dining alone or with a group of all guys and there's an open seat. They know what they're doing.