Fast Food Talk Thread

Humor and off topic conversation
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2514
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by ChadJK »

djc311 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:06 pm Basically if you want the "best" pricing you'd want to NOT eat during lunch or dinner time. LOL
That use to work out well for me in my bachelor days. I'd have "Linner" and just go eat at like 3:00 PM. I always had the restaurant to myself. It took care of both lunch and dinner for me. Let those other suckers shuffle in here with the rest of the sheep at noon. lol :)
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

NEDodger wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:29 pm
Padre wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:27 pm
Brad wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:39 pm Speaking of Wendy's.....

Wendy’s to start testing Uber-style surge pricing

https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/ ... rcna140601
today wrote:By 2025, the fast food restaurant chain will begin testing dynamic pricing, which is a time-based pricing strategy that companies use to increase or decrease prices for their services or items depending on the time and demand. It is similar to “surge prices” on the Uber app when there are few drivers or the demand for a driver is higher, depending on the location or time of day.
I don’t usually go to Wendy’s anyway, as their customer service is usually a disaster, but if this becomes the norm, I will never go there. If I’m going to pick up the food myself, and the AI wants to tell me the price is higher based on when I happened to make it to the drive thru, you can forget it!
Same. This is a terrible idea. And I’m sure they won’t be pricing things LOWER than current pricing during “dead” times with this. What a joke. I’m sure McDonalds and Burger King are cracking up about this.
You say that, but I’m sure Taco Bell is trying to figure out how to surge their prices for drunk hour… Lol
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:19 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by NEDodger »

:D :D :D

Taco Bell just needs to advertise “add on’s” at regular prices! When we’re drunk, more food just sounds like a good idea!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I just heard about this new "WcDonald's savory sauce". I have no clue what that means, but it sounds like it's probably a heart grab at the people who once loved the discontinued Sichuan and sweet chili sauces. I doubt it'll be worth it to me. Idk what a 10 piece meal costs nowadays.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2514
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by ChadJK »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
I would bet it is name only, and the can vs in restaurants are not the same.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by Busguy2010 »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
I'd say it's the better fast food chili that I know of. I can't say I've tried them all by any stretch, but I've had Runza chili and to me the only flavor it had was salt. Wendy's on the other hand has all the fixins, its more complex, so that's why I like it. Plus the chili seasoning sauce they offer is very tasty.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:26 pm
ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
I would bet it is name only, and the can vs in restaurants are not the same.
I’d say you’re probably dead on right with the canned version. Anything placed in a can and ultra processed, is never as good tasting or good for you..

That said, I really enjoy the Turkey chili at Panera. I get a bowl to go, bring it home and Doctor it up with a bit with Tabasco. Delicious…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:54 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:26 pm
ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
I would bet it is name only, and the can vs in restaurants are not the same.
I’d say you’re probably dead on right with the canned version. Anything placed in a can and ultra processed, is never as good or good for you..

That said, I really enjoy the Turkey chili at Panera. I get a bowl to go, bring it home and Dr it up a bit with Tabasco. Delicious…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I used to go to Panera regularly. I cannot remember the last time I was there, though. I understand cost (like others) has gone through the roof, but before that, I drifted away because I felt the quality of almost everything really had fallen.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Burger King Is Giving Out Free Whoppers for 3 Days as Shade to Wendy’s ‘Dynamic Pricing’

https://people.com/burger-king-gives-ou ... el-8601671
“Surge pricing? Well, that’s new,” the company added. “Good thing the only thing surging at BK is our flame!”
Lol, let the games begin.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:12 pm Burger King Is Giving Out Free Whoppers for 3 Days as Shade to Wendy’s ‘Dynamic Pricing’

https://people.com/burger-king-gives-ou ... el-8601671
“Surge pricing? Well, that’s new,” the company added. “Good thing the only thing surging at BK is our flame!”
Lol, let the games begin.
Did you see the reports and press release from Wendy's where they backed away from dynamic pricing big time. Most likely due to the backlash but the spin they put on it was creative to say the least.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:46 pm
Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:12 pm Burger King Is Giving Out Free Whoppers for 3 Days as Shade to Wendy’s ‘Dynamic Pricing’

https://people.com/burger-king-gives-ou ... el-8601671
“Surge pricing? Well, that’s new,” the company added. “Good thing the only thing surging at BK is our flame!”
Lol, let the games begin.
Did you see the reports and press release from Wendy's where they backed away from dynamic pricing big time. Most likely due to the backlash but the spin they put on it was creative to say the least.
I didn't see any article on Wendy's since the first one announcing they'd be doing that dynamic pricing... But we all know dam well they were planning on charging more during busy hours. This has backfired on them so much I think they'd be wise to drop the plan altogether. Not only was it not a good plan to start, it was even dumber to announce it. They might have gotten away with it quietly, but now the others are pointing and laughing.

Good move by BK though. I'd never wanted to download any of the fast food apps, but if all I have to do is buy a large fry ($)? to get a free Whopper I might do just that.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Here are a couple of links to their reversal statements

I didn't read all in detail so this may be much the same


https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/28/business ... index.html


https://www.axios.com/2024/02/29/wendys ... la-history

https://apnews.com/article/wendys-burge ... 9f37722638
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:57 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:54 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:26 pm
ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
I would bet it is name only, and the can vs in restaurants are not the same.
I’d say you’re probably dead on right with the canned version. Anything placed in a can and ultra processed, is never as good or good for you..

That said, I really enjoy the Turkey chili at Panera. I get a bowl to go, bring it home and Dr it up a bit with Tabasco. Delicious…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I used to go to Panera regularly. I cannot remember the last time I was there, though. I understand cost (like others) has gone through the roof, but before that, I drifted away because I felt the quality of almost everything really had fallen.
The only things I get at Panera are on the healthier side- typically their Green Godess Cob Salad with Chicken and their Turkey chili. I agree they’re pricey, but like Chipotle, if you order the right items, you can get a healthy meal that actually tastes good and satisfies the hunger..without sacrificing your health…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106387
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by almighty_tuna »

That green goddess dressing is the absolute bomb. You could put it on a shoe and I'd probably eat it.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:32 am
nebugeater wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:57 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:54 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:26 pm
ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
I would bet it is name only, and the can vs in restaurants are not the same.
I’d say you’re probably dead on right with the canned version. Anything placed in a can and ultra processed, is never as good or good for you..

That said, I really enjoy the Turkey chili at Panera. I get a bowl to go, bring it home and Dr it up a bit with Tabasco. Delicious…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I used to go to Panera regularly. I cannot remember the last time I was there, though. I understand cost (like others) has gone through the roof, but before that, I drifted away because I felt the quality of almost everything really had fallen.
The only things I get at Panera are on the healthier side- typically their Green Godess Cob Salad with Chicken and their Turkey chili. I agree they’re pricey, but like Chipotle, if you order the right items, you can get a healthy meal that actually tastes good and satisfies the hunger..without sacrificing your health…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Better hope your fav's do not disappear

Panera Bread revamping menu, eliminating items in ‘largest’ transformation ever

https://www.wowt.com/2024/02/29/panera- ... kcka31By-0
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Wendy's)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:50 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:32 am
nebugeater wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:57 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:54 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:26 pm
ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm Is Wendy’s Chili still pretty good?…
I haven't had it in awhile, but it's apparently popular enough that you can now buy it in a can at the grocery store:
https://www.hy-vee.com/aisles-online/p/ ... with-Beans
I would bet it is name only, and the can vs in restaurants are not the same.
I’d say you’re probably dead on right with the canned version. Anything placed in a can and ultra processed, is never as good or good for you..

That said, I really enjoy the Turkey chili at Panera. I get a bowl to go, bring it home and Dr it up a bit with Tabasco. Delicious…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I used to go to Panera regularly. I cannot remember the last time I was there, though. I understand cost (like others) has gone through the roof, but before that, I drifted away because I felt the quality of almost everything really had fallen.
The only things I get at Panera are on the healthier side- typically their Green Godess Cob Salad with Chicken and their Turkey chili. I agree they’re pricey, but like Chipotle, if you order the right items, you can get a healthy meal that actually tastes good and satisfies the hunger..without sacrificing your health…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Better hope your fav's do not disappear

Panera Bread revamping menu, eliminating items in ‘largest’ transformation ever

https://www.wowt.com/2024/02/29/panera- ... kcka31By-0
I know the Chili will, as it’s only a seasonal fall/winter offering..

I’d be very surprised if they eliminated their salad offerings; they’re really the only healthy options on their food menu…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I’m going to place this video here, for obvious reasons. Can’t deny the medical and health related facts Fast Food fans..and it’s not just McDonald’s..



Discuss…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Well I didn't watch the whole video, but I got the gyst. Fast food, like almost any processed food, contains ingredients that cause disease... unnecessarily, really. In theory, these fast food places and their suppliers could pretty easily knock out a lot of these crazy ingredients like high fructose corn syrup. There's no good reason to use HFCS vs plain old sugar in ketchup, dipping sauce, or beverages for instance. That'd be a good place to start. They could make their fries with potatoes, salt, and fat, but then again they wouldn't be McDonald's fries then, and A LOT of people love them. I think a lot of the reason fast food turns to weird ingredients is due to their sheer size, the need for consistency, fast service, (what used to be) cheap prices, lack of skilled labor... let's be honest, nobody working at McDonalds has culinary aspirations, that's why they don't expect them to even cut potatoes, shred lettuce, make sauce, etc... that's why they were getting paid so little, there's no skill involved. But now that they're getting paid 15, 16 bucks an hour, I'd kind of expect them to earn it by doing some things that do require a little semblance of skill, such as hand processing potatoes so they can have fewer unhealthy ingredients and provide good service. Here's the thing about fast food I've noticed in the last few years, the price has gone up, but the product hasn't gotten better and the service is just the same $9/hour service you got before. So more often than not, I haven't been getting fast food much. At least not McDonald's, Taco Bell, BK etc as much as I used to. I can count on one hand how many times I've had fast food this year, and it's not for lack of wanting it, it's just that I can get a much better bang for my buck at the grocery store. Like do I want a Whopper with fries, or would I rather get 4 burgers out of a pound of beef over the stretch of a few days for the same cost or less?

Don't get me wrong, I still love me some fast food, but especially the big guys, I've been getting a lot less of.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:38 pm Well I didn't watch the whole video, but I got the gyst. Fast food, like almost any processed food, contains ingredients that cause disease... So more often than not, I haven't been getting fast food much. At least not McDonald's, Taco Bell, BK etc as much as I used to. I can count on one hand how many times I've had fast food this year, and it's not for lack of wanting it, it's just that I can get a much better bang for my buck at the grocery store. Like do I want a Whopper with fries, or would I rather get 4 burgers out of a pound of beef over the stretch of a few days for the same cost or less?
Not just processed food, but ultra processed..which if eaten with any regularity (even a time or 2 a week) is poison for your health. It’s absolutely crazy that McDonald’s Fries 🍟 (or Burger King, Wendy’s etc) contain 19 ingredients. Think about that- NINETEEN. And most of it chemical based- fried in 4 kinds of ultra processed seed oils..Horribly unhealthy. McDonald’s fries were a much better (and healthier) option when they were cooked with beef tallow..

The bun you’re eating with your Whopper or Big Mac contains so much sugar, and people eat these items so regularly, without thought, that it’s no wonder 50% of the American population 18 and older either have early onset or type 2 diabetes. 50% man! This is a medical fact..

I’m no health nut evangelist. But 1 year ago I turned my health life back around through proper diet and exercise..

Fast food (including pizza)for me now, is a once every couple months sort of thing.. And I’m glad I got back to my prior, more healthy active self..

And it’s good to hear you’re dialing back the fast food consumption…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:41 am Not just processed food, but ultra processed..which if eaten with any regularity (even a time or 2 a week) is poison for your health. It’s absolutely crazy that McDonald’s Fries 🍟 (or Burger King, Wendy’s etc) contain 19 ingredients. Think about that- NINETEEN. And most of it chemical based- fried in 4 kinds of ultra processed seed oils..Horribly unhealthy. McDonald’s fries were a much better (and healthier) option when they were cooked with beef tallow..

The bun you’re eating with your Whopper or Big Mac contains so much sugar, and people eat these items so regularly, without thought, that it’s no wonder 50% of the American population 18 and older either have early onset or type 2 diabetes. 50% man! This is a medical fact..

I’m no health nut evangelist. But 1 year ago I turned my health life back around through proper diet and exercise..

Fast food (including pizza)for me now, is a once every couple months sort of thing.. And I’m glad I got back to my prior, more healthy active self..

And it’s good to hear you’re dialing back the fast food consumption…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Yeah man, it's crazy. When I make fries at home, the most ingredients I use are potatoes, oil, water, sugar, and salt. 5. There's no reason they need 19. Like is it some sort of contest to see just how many ingredients one can stuff in a fairly straightforward product. And I agree, this ideology of trying to make fast food "healthier" just stinks. They came up with some pretty crazy stuff in the 90's. So now they actually add a beef tallow flavoring to the fries and cook them in a mix of oils that actually end up being unhealthier for you than the beef tallow! The food industry just doesn't make any sense.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2514
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by ChadJK »

What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:25 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:41 am Not just processed food, but ultra processed..which if eaten with any regularity (even a time or 2 a week) is poison for your health. It’s absolutely crazy that McDonald’s Fries 🍟 (or Burger King, Wendy’s etc) contain 19 ingredients. Think about that- NINETEEN. And most of it chemical based- fried in 4 kinds of ultra processed seed oils..Horribly unhealthy. McDonald’s fries were a much better (and healthier) option when they were cooked with beef tallow..

The bun you’re eating with your Whopper or Big Mac contains so much sugar, and people eat these items so regularly, without thought, that it’s no wonder 50% of the American population 18 and older either have early onset or type 2 diabetes. 50% man! This is a medical fact..

I’m no health nut evangelist. But 1 year ago I turned my health life back around through proper diet and exercise..

Fast food (including pizza)for me now, is a once every couple months sort of thing.. And I’m glad I got back to my prior, more healthy active self..

And it’s good to hear you’re dialing back the fast food consumption…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Yeah man, it's crazy. When I make fries at home, the most ingredients I use are potatoes, oil, water, sugar, and salt. 5. There's no reason they need 19. The food industry just doesn't make any sense.
The food industry is only about how to make more $$ at the expense of the health of American citizens…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
It is very sad. Because it’s all about the poisoning of US citizens just to chase the almighty $$..

US citizens really need to limit their fast food consumption to a once every month or so type deal..because the sh!t folks are eating at McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s etc is compromising our health and our children’s health. I include pizza on this list as well- regardless of where you go to eat it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
It is very sad. Because it’s all about the poisoning of US citizens just to chase the almighty $$..

US citizens really need to limit their fast food consumption to a once every month or so type deal..because the sh!t folks are eating at McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s etc is compromising our health and our children’s health. I include pizza on this list as well- regardless of where you go to eat it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace

Need to think a little further than fast food to achieve that goal. Many things on the grocery store shelves are just as bad or worse. Worse because you own the portion control. On top of them being there they are often high-margin products for the manufacturer so they pay for prime shelf locations, too so they are font and center to grab.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

nebugeater wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
It is very sad. Because it’s all about the poisoning of US citizens just to chase the almighty $$..

US citizens really need to limit their fast food consumption to a once every month or so type deal..because the sh!t folks are eating at McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s etc is compromising our health and our children’s health. I include pizza on this list as well- regardless of where you go to eat it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace

Need to think a little further than fast food to achieve that goal. Many things on the grocery store shelves are just as bad or worse. Worse because you own the portion control. On top of them being there they are often high-margin products for the manufacturer so they pay for prime shelf locations, too so they are font and center to grab.
PLUS it's all deliberately formulated to be addictive.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:10 pm
nebugeater wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:40 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
It is very sad. Because it’s all about the poisoning of US citizens just to chase the almighty $$..

US citizens really need to limit their fast food consumption to a once every month or so type deal..because the sh!t folks are eating at McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s etc is compromising our health and our children’s health. I include pizza on this list as well- regardless of where you go to eat it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace

Need to think a little further than fast food to achieve that goal. Many things on the grocery store shelves are just as bad or worse. Worse because you own the portion control. On top of them being there they are often high-margin products for the manufacturer so they pay for prime shelf locations, too so they are font and center to grab.
PLUS it's all deliberately formulated to be addictive.
Folks simply need to take the time to get educated on what ingredients are good and bad for health..read labels..and make wise purchases while grocery shopping…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Image
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

My wife was listening to some morning show the other day on the radio and the lady on the show clamed that Culvers had one of the best pork tenderloin, second only to Barrett's... So I had to try it. Whoever this lady was, she is WRONG. Not even close to in the same league as Barrett's.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:10 pm My wife was listening to some morning show the other day on the radio and the lady on the show clamed that Culvers had one of the best pork tenderloin, second only to Barrett's... So I had to try it. Whoever this lady was, she is WRONG. Not even close to in the same league as Barrett's.
For fast food, Bronco’s has a dammm good pork tenderloin as well…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6014
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nativeomahan »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
It is very sad. Because it’s all about the poisoning of US citizens just to chase the almighty $$..

US citizens really need to limit their fast food consumption to a once every month or so type deal..because the sh!t folks are eating at McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s etc is compromising our health and our children’s health. I include pizza on this list as well- regardless of where you go to eat it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I was with you right up until you mentioned pizza. Pizza does not have to be unhealthy. Quite the contrary. It all depends on what the customer chooses to order on their pizza. I typically do veggie. Where I stumble is on portion control. I can’t usually stop after just one or two slices.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6014
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nativeomahan »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:52 pm Folks simply need to take the time to get educated on what ingredients are good and bad for health..read labels..and make wise purchases while grocery shopping…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
The FDA has long been in bed with corporate food conglomerates.
In México all packaged foods sold in the grocery store are subjected to government nutritional evaluation, not just a nutrition label similar to what we find on products sold in the U.S. All packaged food items that contain excess sugar, excess saturated fat, excess sodium or excess calories must be marked with large black “stop sign” shaped markings that list the problem ingredients. Many if not most packages sadly contain one or more of these emblems. But they are impossible to ignore and the consumer need not get their reading glasses out to read the entire nutritional label to immediately know if the product is potentially unhealthy to consume.
Mexican society, much like here in the U.S., is plagued by obesity, diabetes and other nutrition related health problems, tied largely to the consumption of processed food produced and manufactured in the United States (or in Mexico by U.S. owned corporations) and sold in Mexico. Visit any convenience store in Mexico and the product mix is almost exactly what you would find in any convenience store here in the U.S.
Image
DasBoot
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:27 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by DasBoot »

nativeomahan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:51 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
It is very sad. Because it’s all about the poisoning of US citizens just to chase the almighty $$..

US citizens really need to limit their fast food consumption to a once every month or so type deal..because the sh!t folks are eating at McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s etc is compromising our health and our children’s health. I include pizza on this list as well- regardless of where you go to eat it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I was with you right up until you mentioned pizza. Pizza does not have to be unhealthy. Quite the contrary. It all depends on what the customer chooses to order on their pizza. I typically do veggie. Where I stumble is on portion control. I can’t usually stop after just one or two slices.
It's the dough that's unhealthy. Processed refined grain products can cause all kinds of health issues.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

nativeomahan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:10 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:52 pm Folks simply need to take the time to get educated on what ingredients are good and bad for health..read labels..and make wise purchases while grocery shopping…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
The FDA has long been in bed with corporate food conglomerates.
There's never been a more true statement. I'm glad I'm not the only one that knew that. However, I often can't help myself and when you have to think about every little thing, it's just exhausting. Pizza is healthy if you remove the cheese and the dough, and make sure the sauce is fresh cooked and organic, but then it wouldn't be pizza. You get the point. You have to take it all with a grain of salt. Everything short of a raw vegan diet is less than perfect, but I know for a fact it's nearly impossible to maintain without going mad. We all find our middle ground.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

DasBoot wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:50 pm
nativeomahan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:51 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm What's really sad is that much of what they do with American fast food isn't allowed in other countries. I wonder what the ingredient difference is between McDonald's fries in the US and McDonald's fries in, for example, Germany?
It is very sad. Because it’s all about the poisoning of US citizens just to chase the almighty $$..

US citizens really need to limit their fast food consumption to a once every month or so type deal..because the sh!t folks are eating at McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s etc is compromising our health and our children’s health. I include pizza on this list as well- regardless of where you go to eat it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I was with you right up until you mentioned pizza. Pizza does not have to be unhealthy. Quite the contrary. It all depends on what the customer chooses to order on their pizza. I typically do veggie. Where I stumble is on portion control. I can’t usually stop after just one or two slices.
It's the dough that's unhealthy. Processed refined grain products can cause all kinds of health issues.
100% correct. Which is the exact reason I included pizza..as 99% of it is very unhealthy for that very reason, regardless the toppings.. Unless you make your pizza at home, and don’t use a pre-made crust consisting of ultra processed refined wheat/grain products..

In the end, I’m not saying never eat your favorite take out pizza..Just make it an every couple of months in moderation sort of thing..as opposed to once or twice weekly/bi-weekly…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6014
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nativeomahan »

In all things…Moderation.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to try that new jalapeño pepper jack burger from Freddy's today. It sounds kinda basic, just their burger along with some of their jalapeño Freddy's sauce, pepper jack cheese, and jalapeños. But for some reason I'm fiending and this is something that should be right up my alley. Fingers crossed its satisfying! This'll be my first fast food since the Super Bowl. And I'm kinda shocked about it having been that long, I barely noticed.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I'll just preface my experience by saying I wasn't expecting much... I had the jalapeño pepper jack burger from Freddy's today. I'm far from a Freddy's Fanatic, the last time I had them was darn near two years ago.

I ordered it online, which in theory should be pretty nifty but they left out the seasoning and fry sauce I ordered, which is like the reason you go to Freddy's. Well anyway, I take it home to find out they left those out. So the burger like I was expecting was pretty basic. A burger with jalapeños, jalapeño fry sauce and pepper jack cheese. It really was not very inspiring. Since I was at home, I ended up adding bacon and some sliced onion. Still it really wasn't all that. Nothing wrong with it, but like I said, it's uninspired. Just a few ingredients you can always get at Freddy's slapped on a burger. And no seasoning on the fries with no dipping sauce, just reminded me why I never really eat at Freddy's. It was pretty meh, I'll give it a 6. A big D minus.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Busguy2010 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:31 am I'll just preface my experience by saying I wasn't expecting much... I had the jalapeño pepper jack burger from Freddy's today. I'm far from a Freddy's Fanatic, the last time I had them was darn near two years ago.

I ordered it online, which in theory should be pretty nifty but they left out the seasoning and fry sauce I ordered, which is like the reason you go to Freddy's. Well anyway, I take it home to find out they left those out. So the burger like I was expecting was pretty basic. A burger with jalapeños, jalapeño fry sauce and pepper jack cheese. It really was not very inspiring. Since I was at home, I ended up adding bacon and some sliced onion. Still it really wasn't all that. Nothing wrong with it, but like I said, it's uninspired. Just a few ingredients you can always get at Freddy's slapped on a burger. And no seasoning on the fries with no dipping sauce, just reminded me why I never really eat at Freddy's. It was pretty meh, I'll give it a 6. A big D minus.
It Sounds like a D or less for sure on a normal scale, but on Freddy's scale, it was probably a high B for how they usually perform.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!