Planning Board
Posts: 2518
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm
So, the rumor I've heard is that Lord of Hosts Church is taking over almost the entire plaza. Pheasant Bar & Grill, American Legion, Ryker Power Sports, Dollar General, and Shirley's Diner all have to find new homes.
Photographer
Posts: 1036612
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
Shirley's Diner has a different owner then the rest of those businesses. That said, the Shirley's owner passed away earlier this year so I guess that building could be up for sale?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Planning Board
Posts: 2518
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm
I thought it was weird too that Shirley's was included in this as it's a standalone building and not really part of that strip mall plaza, so I double-checked with the guy I heard it from and he insisted Shirley's had to go too.
Planning Board
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha
I've always found it odd that a church establishes itself in a strip mall... and then slowly consumes all of the other tenant space. Wonder if Pizza Machine will be affected?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?
Photographer
Posts: 1036612
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
There are actually three in there. Lord of Hosts, Stone Bridge, and a Baptist Church.djc311 wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 pm I've always found it odd that a church establishes itself in a strip mall... and then slowly consumes all of the other tenant space. Wonder if Pizza Machine will be affected?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?![]()

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha
You can even get your Eucharist to go!Brad wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 4:11 pmThere are actually three in there. Lord of Hosts, Stone Bridge, and a Baptist Church.djc311 wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 pm I've always found it odd that a church establishes itself in a strip mall... and then slowly consumes all of the other tenant space. Wonder if Pizza Machine will be affected?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?![]()
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1280
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
Location: Montgomery County, Texas
That mall has been cursed since Hinky Dinky opened it up. (Remember when a foul ball with an axe to grind shot off a flare gun inside the store?)
I'm not a hydrologist or geotechnical engineer, but I was led to believe that there are a bunch of springs underneath the property, that were never seen to properly before the mall was built. That's why the parking lot resembles a minefield. Lord of Hosts is welcome to it.
I'm not a hydrologist or geotechnical engineer, but I was led to believe that there are a bunch of springs underneath the property, that were never seen to properly before the mall was built. That's why the parking lot resembles a minefield. Lord of Hosts is welcome to it.
Home Owners Association
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 am
I"ve always been curious about what I call the "Church Mall" at 56th and Sorensen, what was it before it became dedicated to churches?djc311 wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 pm I've always found it odd that a church establishes itself in a strip mall... and then slowly consumes all of the other tenant space. Wonder if Pizza Machine will be affected?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?![]()
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha
A mall. The church is in the old movie theater.ProgKingHughesker wrote: βThu Jun 13, 2024 12:48 amI"ve always been curious about what I call the "Church Mall" at 56th and Sorensen, what was it before it became dedicated to churches?djc311 wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 pm I've always found it odd that a church establishes itself in a strip mall... and then slowly consumes all of the other tenant space. Wonder if Pizza Machine will be affected?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?![]()
County Board
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
βWould you like a side of fries with your slice of Jesus?βEricHaley wrote: βWed Jun 12, 2024 12:41 pmYou can even get your Eucharist to go!Brad wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 4:11 pmThere are actually three in there. Lord of Hosts, Stone Bridge, and a Baptist Church.djc311 wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 pm I've always found it odd that a church establishes itself in a strip mall... and then slowly consumes all of the other tenant space. Wonder if Pizza Machine will be affected?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?![]()
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha
βHereβs some coupons, after all, Jesus savesβnativeomahan wrote: βThu Jun 13, 2024 4:17 pmβWould you like a side of fries with your slice of Jesus?βEricHaley wrote: βWed Jun 12, 2024 12:41 pmYou can even get your Eucharist to go!Brad wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 4:11 pmThere are actually three in there. Lord of Hosts, Stone Bridge, and a Baptist Church.djc311 wrote: βMon Jun 10, 2024 3:41 pm I've always found it odd that a church establishes itself in a strip mall... and then slowly consumes all of the other tenant space. Wonder if Pizza Machine will be affected?
Ultimately it will be a church with its own Scooters? I suppose... there's a church on West Dodge on the south side around 150th that has their own coffee shop. Who would have thunk it?![]()
Library Board
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 am
I saw that the old VFW at 5083 s 136th st. has reopened now as a new place called Millennium Night Club.
Planning Board
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha