Savannah Bananas

Metro area and region sports discussion
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9001
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Savannah Bananas

Post by Greg S »

Will be playing 2 games at Kauffman in KC next year. May 23 and May 24. This will be very popular. Will probably head down for 1.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036604
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Savannah Bananas

Post by Brad »

Since I'm sure I'm not the only one that needed to google it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_Bananas

Apparently the Harlem Globetrotters of Baseball.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110978
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Savannah Bananas

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:05 pm Since I'm sure I'm not the only one that needed to google it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_Bananas

Apparently the Harlem Globetrotters of Baseball.
How did you not know that Brad?

:mrgreen:
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

Re: Savannah Bananas

Post by Uffda »

nebugeater wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:25 pm
Brad wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:05 pm Since I'm sure I'm not the only one that needed to google it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_Bananas

Apparently the Harlem Globetrotters of Baseball.
How did you not know that Brad?

:mrgreen:
I second that. :D :D Brad, you need to get away from that hockey ring some times. 😂

We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036604
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Savannah Bananas

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:06 am
nebugeater wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:25 pm
Brad wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:05 pm Since I'm sure I'm not the only one that needed to google it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_Bananas

Apparently the Harlem Globetrotters of Baseball.
How did you not know that Brad?

:mrgreen:
I second that. :D :D Brad, you need to get away from that hockey ring some times. 😂
LOL, so far in 2024, I have been to Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Football, and Hockey.
Stan
Library Board
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Re: Savannah Bananas

Post by Stan »

The Savannah Banana games are fun, but the audio at Legends Field in KC ruined the games I went to in 2022 and 2023. Unless you showed up super early to get in, you had to sit around the 1st and 3rd base lines and you can't make out what was being said most of the time.

I've signed up for the lottery and would much rather see them at Kaufmann next year.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9001
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: Savannah Bananas

Post by Greg S »

Stan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:08 pm The Savannah Banana games are fun, but the audio at Legends Field in KC ruined the games I went to in 2022 and 2023. Unless you showed up super early to get in, you had to sit around the 1st and 3rd base lines and you can't make out what was being said most of the time.

I've signed up for the lottery and would much rather see them at Kaufmann next year.
We signed up too. This will be a big draw to KC. We will be booking hotel rooms as soon as we get tickets.

Greg