While I watch the weather on TV to see what they say, I get my forecast from one source...NWS.bbinks wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:41 pm I think they all blew it. The Sunday into Monday doom and gloom didn't happen. Schools should have been in session Monday, and many businesses closed unnecessary.
Omaha Local TV News Channels
-
swinquest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 am
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
-
swinquest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 am
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Looks like Jonah Gilmore (KETV) is heading back to New Orleans:
Today is my 33rd birthday and as I welcome this new year of life, I welcome the new adventure that awaits.
After 9 long years, I’m returning home to New Orleans and joining the dynamic team at WDSU!
Today is my 33rd birthday and as I welcome this new year of life, I welcome the new adventure that awaits.
After 9 long years, I’m returning home to New Orleans and joining the dynamic team at WDSU!
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4352
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
yeah i've caught him a few times on the saturday mornings. he was very pleasant, seemed like a big teddy bearswinquest wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:43 pm Looks like Jonah Gilmore (KETV) is heading back to New Orleans:
Today is my 33rd birthday and as I welcome this new year of life, I welcome the new adventure that awaits.
After 9 long years, I’m returning home to New Orleans and joining the dynamic team at WDSU!
Go Cubs Go
-
swinquest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 am
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Aside from be a fan of the LSU Tigers, it seemed like he was a good guy.thenewguy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:31 pmyeah i've caught him a few times on the saturday mornings. he was very pleasant, seemed like a big teddy bearswinquest wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:43 pm Looks like Jonah Gilmore (KETV) is heading back to New Orleans:
Today is my 33rd birthday and as I welcome this new year of life, I welcome the new adventure that awaits.
After 9 long years, I’m returning home to New Orleans and joining the dynamic team at WDSU!
-
ajwees41
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 pm
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Westside AV is the best the got some of KETV' old stuffdamonhynes wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:47 pmChannel Third has regressed to the point where they're not the UNO A/V Department any longer, they're the Westside A/V Department.nativeomahan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:40 am I wasn’t going to mention what I saw last night at 10 pm, immediately following NU’s overtime loss in Madison. Channel 6 tried and tried and tried to start their newscast with clips from the just completed football game, teed up by their sportscaster, who stood there and kept waiting for the highlights to begin rolling. After about 15 seconds of her hemming and hawing and stalling for whomever was asleep at the switch, I flipped over to KMTV.
O. M. G. What was that station up to? They apparently had no one on set in their studio for the newscast. I didn’t know that anyone would attempt such a thing. No live shots of the sole newscaster, you just heard his voice with video playing on screen. And when the weather guy’s segment ran it was obvious that it was pre-recorded, because (1) his graphics were showing what he expected the weather to be at 6, 7, 8 and 9 pm, and (2) the audio portion of his cast was a garbled mess, with echoing and reverb present from start to finish. Ten minutes later when he returned with the full forecast segment the very same audio problem persisted from start to finish, making his cast basically unwatchable.
Then when the sports segment started the very same audio SNAFU occurred during the entire sportscast.
My guess is that no one was in studio at 10 pm to rectify the craziness.
It was a total clustercluck.
Best news I've heard in a long time is that Serese Cole is moving back to Big Six. Now there's no reason to watch 3 at all.
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Sarah Fili, Channel 7: Gone. Future was not disclosed, but I get the impression she's leaving the biz, and I certainly hope so. Broadcast journalism is a horrible business.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106384
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
It would be great if the NE Examiner would branch out into TV news. Some of the low effort reporting content scraping in this city just drives me crazy. I can't even bring myself to link to the "story" in question because it doesn't deserve the internet traffic. /rant
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4708
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
- Location: New York City
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
They don’t need to do TV News, but a YouTube channel/some form of video content would be great.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
ajwees41
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 pm
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
she is trying out to be a police officerdamonhynes wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:51 pm Sarah Fili, Channel 7: Gone. Future was not disclosed, but I get the impression she's leaving the biz, and I certainly hope so. Broadcast journalism is a horrible business.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
She is in this video:ajwees41 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:57 pmshe is trying out to be a police officerdamonhynes wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:51 pm Sarah Fili, Channel 7: Gone. Future was not disclosed, but I get the impression she's leaving the biz, and I certainly hope so. Broadcast journalism is a horrible business.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
#badassajwees41 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:57 pmshe is trying out to be a police officerdamonhynes wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:51 pm Sarah Fili, Channel 7: Gone. Future was not disclosed, but I get the impression she's leaving the biz, and I certainly hope so. Broadcast journalism is a horrible business.
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2503
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
John Knicely just celebrated his 50th year in broadcasting this week.
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Wow he must be at least in his early 70’s. The company where my wife works a guys been there for 50 years. Sometimes I think you just need to do something different at a certain point, just my opinion.mrsticka wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2024 8:44 am John Knicely just celebrated his 50th year in broadcasting this week.
He must absolutely love his job, doubt it has anything to do with money at this stage of the game. Good for him.
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:40 pm
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
72.Cermak wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2024 12:43 pm Wow he must be at least in his early 70’s. The company where my wife works a guys been there for 50 years. Sometimes I think you just need to do something different at a certain point, just my opinion.
He must absolutely love his job, doubt it has anything to do with money at this stage of the game. Good for him.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2512
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106384
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Looks like the WOWT/Gray Television rebranding continues. They've updated their browser logo and colors, referring to themselves now on the website banner as "First Alert 6".
-
Mr.Nuke
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1219
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 3:12 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
They also appear to have lost David Koeller to KCCI in Des Moines. https://www.facebook.com/MeteorologistDavidKoeller/ The website update is a bit odd without a new graphics package to match on tv. We'll see if that comes next.almighty_tuna wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2024 6:52 pm Looks like the WOWT/Gray Television rebranding continues. They've updated their browser logo and colors, referring to themselves now on the website banner as "First Alert 6".
-
Ben
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1066
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:57 pm
- Location: Westside
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
They didn't "lose" Dave... They didn't renew his contract, and he subsequently found a new gig in Des Moines.Mr.Nuke wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2024 7:32 pmThey also appear to have lost David Koeller to KCCI in Des Moines. https://www.facebook.com/MeteorologistDavidKoeller/ The website update is a bit odd without a new graphics package to match on tv. We'll see if that comes next.almighty_tuna wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2024 6:52 pm Looks like the WOWT/Gray Television rebranding continues. They've updated their browser logo and colors, referring to themselves now on the website banner as "First Alert 6".
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
I've surfed through Zeam.com (owned by Gray) and a lot of their stations are changing to the same logo.almighty_tuna wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2024 6:52 pm Looks like the WOWT/Gray Television rebranding continues. They've updated their browser logo and colors, referring to themselves now on the website banner as "First Alert 6".
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
That sounds like one of those medical alert necklaces geriatric patients wear.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
I was happy to see Erin Hartley back on the midday. Just haven't had the chance to see much news, but I knew she had been moved to only weekends for a while.
I know, I know, I'm just a pig, but she's definitely a local news crush of mine. Beautiful woman.
I know, I know, I'm just a pig, but she's definitely a local news crush of mine. Beautiful woman.
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Agree with you completely.Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2024 5:22 am I was happy to see Erin Hartley back on the midday. Just haven't had the chance to see much news, but I knew she had been moved to only weekends for a while.
I know, I know, I'm just a pig, but she's definitely a local news crush of mine. Beautiful woman.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Interesting development..
Y’all remember Laurann Robinson who fled KETV a few years back, abruptly and with no notice, then 6 weeks later, we found out she landed at KUSA in Denver CO?..
Well today they gave her a big send off, as it was her last day at KUSA after 4 years..
Now she’s asking all of her fans to stand by for her next life announcement, LOL. I think I’ll pass on the “excitement”.. But I thought this little tidbit was a bit interesting as it relates to a former Omaha TV meteorologist…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Y’all remember Laurann Robinson who fled KETV a few years back, abruptly and with no notice, then 6 weeks later, we found out she landed at KUSA in Denver CO?..
Well today they gave her a big send off, as it was her last day at KUSA after 4 years..
Now she’s asking all of her fans to stand by for her next life announcement, LOL. I think I’ll pass on the “excitement”.. But I thought this little tidbit was a bit interesting as it relates to a former Omaha TV meteorologist…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110978
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Who else gets the KETV email alerts for new stories?
Is it just me who is irritated by the fact that they have moved from Maybe 10% of the alerts starting with BREAKING as the beginning of the subject line to now about 90%
It was not that long ago that when it said BREAKING, I could see that there was a reason, at least to some, that it fit that category. Now, it is useless. I am about ready to end receiving these emails.
Fix this KETV I know someone is watching this from there
Is it just me who is irritated by the fact that they have moved from Maybe 10% of the alerts starting with BREAKING as the beginning of the subject line to now about 90%
It was not that long ago that when it said BREAKING, I could see that there was a reason, at least to some, that it fit that category. Now, it is useless. I am about ready to end receiving these emails.
Fix this KETV I know someone is watching this from there
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Not surprised. I can't even have any of the local TV Stations' apps on my phone because of all the worthless alerts they push out.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110978
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
No apps for me either for the same reason. The KETV emails have been OK for the most part but now it is impossible to separate the Real breaking from he junk and I guess if that is what they want they are close to having one less person getting directed to there site.Brad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2024 2:38 pm Not surprised. I can't even have any of the local TV Stations' apps on my phone because of all the worthless alerts they push out.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
She's set up shop at FOX 5 in Atlanta.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2024 12:43 am Interesting development..
Y’all remember Laurann Robinson who fled KETV a few years back, abruptly and with no notice, then 6 weeks later, we found out she landed at KUSA in Denver CO?..
Well today they gave her a big send off, as it was her last day at KUSA after 4 years..
Now she’s asking all of her fans to stand by for her next life announcement, LOL. I think I’ll pass on the “excitement”.. But I thought this little tidbit was a bit interesting as it relates to a former Omaha TV meteorologist…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Moving up the chain I see…damonhynes wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2025 1:42 amShe's set up shop at FOX 5 in Atlanta.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2024 12:43 am Interesting development..
Y’all remember Laurann Robinson who fled KETV a few years back, abruptly and with no notice, then 6 weeks later, we found out she landed at KUSA in Denver CO?..
Well today they gave her a big send off, as it was her last day at KUSA after 4 years..
Now she’s asking all of her fans to stand by for her next life announcement, LOL. I think I’ll pass on the “excitement”.. But I thought this little tidbit was a bit interesting as it relates to a former Omaha TV meteorologist…
Ciao..LiO…Peace![]()
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4352
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
What's the hubbub here??Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2024 12:43 am Interesting development..
Y’all remember Laurann Robinson who fled KETV a few years back, abruptly and with no notice, then 6 weeks later, we found out she landed at KUSA in Denver CO?..
Well today they gave her a big send off, as it was her last day at KUSA after 4 years..
Now she’s asking all of her fans to stand by for her next life announcement, LOL. I think I’ll pass on the “excitement”.. But I thought this little tidbit was a bit interesting as it relates to a former Omaha TV meteorologist…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cubs Go
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 9001
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
I was thinking the same thing. Seems fairly standard for that industry.thenewguy wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2025 9:35 pmWhat's the hubbub here??Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2024 12:43 am Interesting development..
Y’all remember Laurann Robinson who fled KETV a few years back, abruptly and with no notice, then 6 weeks later, we found out she landed at KUSA in Denver CO?..
Well today they gave her a big send off, as it was her last day at KUSA after 4 years..
Now she’s asking all of her fans to stand by for her next life announcement, LOL. I think I’ll pass on the “excitement”.. But I thought this little tidbit was a bit interesting as it relates to a former Omaha TV meteorologist…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
There is a post on the "US 81 Corridor weather alerts and road conditions" Facebook page saying Allen Media Group is laying off all their local meteorologists and will be farming out their weather coverage to the weather channel. Luckily Allen Media Group does not own any Nebraska stations. Hopefully its not the start of a trend that other companies try...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Ankeny Husker Freak
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:01 pm
- Location: Ankeny, IA
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
It wouldn't surprise me. Allen Media owns two stations in Iowa including the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City NBC affiliate and the Mason City/Rochester CBS affiliate.Brad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2025 8:21 pm There is a post on the "US 81 Corridor weather alerts and road conditions" Facebook page saying Allen Media Group is laying off all their local meteorologists and will be farming out their weather coverage to the weather channel. Luckily Allen Media Group does not own any Nebraska stations. Hopefully its not the start of a trend that other companies try...
-
lpgforms
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:24 pm
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Allen Media Group - owned by Byron Allen - also owns the Weather Channel. More corporate synergy I guess.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110978
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
I read on a Cedar Rapids news Facebook page that it looks like the decision to lay off the local people, at least for a couple of stations has been reversed. I read it yesterday and too lazy this AM to try and find a linklpgforms wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2025 12:46 am Allen Media Group - owned by Byron Allen - also owns the Weather Channel. More corporate synergy I guess.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
ajwees41
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 pm
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
Your link. Sounds like it was reversed for all stations.nebugeater wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2025 12:43 pmI read on a Cedar Rapids news Facebook page that it looks like the decision to lay off the local people, at least for a couple of stations has been reversed. I read it yesterday and too lazy this AM to try and find a linklpgforms wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2025 12:46 am Allen Media Group - owned by Byron Allen - also owns the Weather Channel. More corporate synergy I guess.
https://www.thegazette.com/weather/repo ... after-all/
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
John Knicely announced his retirement today, effective March 12.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
A little quicker than I expected. Figured they would drag that out all summer…nativeomahan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2025 11:12 pm John Knicely announced his retirement today, effective March 12.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
I thought they would drag it out longer too, just a little over a month he will be gone.Brad wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2025 11:26 pmA little quicker than I expected. Figured they would drag that out all summer…nativeomahan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2025 11:12 pm John Knicely announced his retirement today, effective March 12.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Omaha Local News Channels
How old is he